Page 90 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuri-chan-senpai View Post
    Lots of nostalgia in here, and some cool stuff I didn't know!

All the stuff about feign death reminded me of how I would target my hunter buddy to heal him, if he used FD it would make him literally appear dead and it would stop me mid heal; so much rage... all the time.
    At first I thought it was a suicide button to wipe faster, and then when I asked a hunter about it I somehow understood as a spell everyone got. Was a bit disappointed when I leveled past the level you got it on as a holy paladin x)
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

soo good!!

-Before patch 2.1 was released, Blizzard announced that one of the changes in that patch would be that mining would aggro nearby mobs. After that, a poster on the forum opened a thread where he wrote:
    “Skinning a bear should aggro every bears
    in a 40 yard radius. It makes sense, you are actually skinning their best friend.”
    That later became a popular meme that included many variants. The last post by CM Tseric before leaving Blizzard was: "Killing a Tseric should aggro every Tserics in a 40 yd radius. It makes sense, you are actually killing their best friend."
    This is incorrect. This wasn't posted by Tseric, it was posted as a bait on the WoW forums that Tseric bit, which is assumed he got fired over, because he dug into the guy pretty damn unprofessionally.

I'm sure you all think you're hilarious in your own space/mind.

Get off my internet.

kthx

"The Winterspring Frostsaber mount took literally weeks (and sometimes even months) of grinding to obtain. In early Vanilla, people who had this mount were often considered to have no life."

2.5 weeks it took me, 8-12 hours a per day, in a row, in the summer of 2005. I was the third person on Khadgar (US) to acquire the mount. I really did have no life and not since have I strained myself to gain reputation with a faction like this. I made a lot of good friends doing these quests and all the fame I received sitting in Ironforge with it was well worth the time spent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Back in early vanilla, on RP realm. I was dueling alliance on my orc warrior. Then I read his friend wrote "hammerung". Of course the word got twisted between factions, but then I didn't know and got immediately angry that his friend is telling him how to play (use stun hammer spell). Boy did they make fun of me for a long time.

Deleted
    cool, bookmarked.

Deleted
    Corruption had a cast time. You could spend points in the affliction tree to make it instant cast

Quote Originally Posted by Raphtheone View Post
    When ZG was introduced, you could HS out with a poison and spread it to NPCs in the city. They never died from it, but spread it to any player in the vicinity. I remember insane amounts of bones all over Orgrimmar.
    Fun times. I remember that, people falling over dead all over ironforge, and the spam of that blood graphic and the noise. And, didn't it spread from player to player at first, they hotfixed it, and someone figured out pets could still get it, and it continued to happen for a while? Something like that?

The most interesting thing about that goof, was Blizzard got the idea for the scourge invasion from it - they'd never thought of a dynamic like that in-game, and they saved it for later. It was a huge goof on the devs part, but one they considered a success because of what they learned. (Read thats somewhere years ago)

10+ Year Old Account
    -Shaman Enhancement tree had a couple of tanking talents/spells, although they were never really able to tank anything other than occasional trash.
    This isn't completely true. I had an entire Shaman guild back in vanilla, and we managed to clear MC up to (but not including) Rag. I tanked, we had about 5 other tanks, and we would switch off by dropping or re-applying rockbiter weapon (which used to cause a lot of aggro back in the day). With an entire raid full of people that could cast a res spell on themselves once every 30 mins essentially, it was a long hard road, but we did it. Unfortunately I have long since lost all of our kill screenshots >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    This isn't completely true. I had an entire Shaman guild back in vanilla, and we managed to clear MC up to (but not including) Rag. I tanked, we had about 5 other tanks, and we would switch off by dropping or re-applying rockbiter weapon (which used to cause a lot of aggro back in the day). With an entire raid full of people that could cast a res spell on themselves once every 30 mins essentially, it was a long hard road, but we did it. Unfortunately I have long since lost all of our kill screenshots >.>
    I believe you. I remember seeing a vid of a shammie tanking Ony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMediator View Post
    I believe you. I remember seeing a vid of a shammie tanking Ony.
    Ha yeah, we tried that too, but at that point the guild was falling apart (lost our best second tank and two best healers to poachers) and none of us really knew the fight. We had no problems with the whelps, but we had very few ranged DPS (most were enhancement shammies), so we couldn't get her down and eventually just wiped. Did it a few times, just couldn't do it, so we gave up. That run was the last time our guild ever ran before completely disbanding :-( Granted, Blizzard started dropping patches shortly after that completely nerfed our ability to do raids anymore, so I guess it was a moot point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

In the first year that the Big Love Rocket mount was available, the drop rate was so low that people thought it was bugged. Halfway through the event, North America only saw 17 of the mounts. There were some pretty loud voices on the forums for people complaining for the drop rate to be increased, and as it stands the Big Love Rocket is probably the rarest mount in the game.

I'm proud of the fact that I got the mount on the first day of the event which makes me think I might have been in first 5 of the world at least to get my hands on that thing.
    You just lost The Game

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Oh man, brings back memories

And this guy:

Darkshire was a pretty scary place back in the day. :|

Thanks for this! A great read.

Reminds me of a blog I used to run about a year ago posting WoW facts. There may be a few on there that aren't included on that worldofwarfacts.tumblr.com. Man, I really miss running that blog. Should get it back up and running again because people seem to love things like this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Title of the thread should be "a lot of things you didn't know" lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for this.
    I was a Beta player, and I have been playing since Vanilla and still found many things I didn't know.

Keep them coming!

http://oi61.tinypic.com/33kgk1v.jpg
    whats that wall on the bottom right of eversong woods on the alpha tbc map?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milerks View Post
    http://oi61.tinypic.com/33kgk1v.jpg
    whats that wall on the bottom right of eversong woods on the alpha tbc map?
    Essentially it's part of Zul'Aman, though the instance itself is further south. There are Amani trolls in that area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by braxkedren View Post
    At launch, in Duskwood in the crypt area you could get this to drop. Was extremely rare. http://www.wowhead.com/item=1187/spiked-collar I was one of a few Paladins back in the day with one and made it extremely fun to level with.
    wow that's really OP. i wish i had known about that in vanilla lol
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaenux View Post
    Seen this too the other week. No idea either. I'm really curious now. lol.
    I remember watching a video from Nobbel or someone else mentioning that it there should have been a troll-raid in zuldrak that was skipped and the snaketail was to tease one of the bosses. I don´t know if this is true but it´s plausible to me at least.