Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    also, if you look on explorers tabard, if you look on the bottom theres a continent...

Quote Originally Posted by dator36 View Post
    also, if you look on explorers tabard, if you look on the bottom theres a continent...
    omg didnt notice:O
    Quote Originally Posted by nightcinder
    well wait. he might have a point.
    garrosh is an orc. "orc" has 3 letters in it. so does the word "win".
    malfurion is a night elf. "night elf" has eight letters. so does "will lose".

you can add this to the first post, if you'd like. makes more sense than most of your points.

1. At the start of WoW the lich you summon in Helcular's Revenge, was so strong that it would kill every NPC and player in Southshore
    2. Before battlegrounds was added, there were an everlasting battle between Southshore and Terran Mill Hillsbard Foothills
    3. When battlegrounds was added there were only two WSG and AV. AB was added later
    4. When WSG were addedyou were awarded with special marks which looked liked ribbons if you lost, and a meddalion if you won, these could be turned into some exp, tho this was very quickly removed. These rewards was changed into the WSG marks (which we know today) which could be traded in for gear at certain rep levels.
    5. To join a battleground you had to visit the instances portal, battlemasters was added later
    6. Before a change to AV in TBC, a battle could last 5 hours
    7. Before battlemasters was added the queue for WSG was commonly at 2 hours
    8. In the beginning of WoW rouges was by far the best most OP pvp class, they could beat any class naked with their starting dagger.
    9. At one point Blizzard started to redo talent trees, but before that every wand using class had a talent which increased the wand dmg with 15/30/45 %
    10. In the beginning of WoW arcane explosion wasn't instant cast, and needed to be talented to make it so
    11. At first power infusion increased spell dmg by 30%, and it stacked with a shaman spells like arcane power and such, this combo could let a lvl 60 shaman crit for over 25k ( [youtube.com/watch?v=vDYZ9pE-aHo )
    12. Flasks and elixirs stacked
    13. In raids warlocks had huge aggro problems, so it was common for warlocks to SS each other then use hellfire to kill them self, to lower their aggro

just a couple of things that came to mind
    Last edited by Elumina; 2010-06-17 at 07:48 PM. Reason: gramma =)

Could I add something?

The sublimal messages from the spirit healer.

She says:
    "Play World of Warcraft"
    "Give us your money"
    "That's right! Your customer."

You can hear it on the video below here from 3:00

Also, no this is not the effect from: "Great example of what people want to hear."

PS: It's made by me

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a very cool thread. I only started playing wow about half way through vanilla so some of these are news to me.

I also remember hunters did not automatically switch between auto melee attack and auto ranged attack and they could not place traps while in combat.

How about the Orc male shoulder size? Somewhere between two patches in TBC some funny developer made Orc shoulder armor so small, they would cut in the orc's shoulders because the round edges were to tiny. That actually lasted quite a while, half an arena season i guess.
    I take two in the morning.
    I take two at night,
    I take two in the afternoon
    and then I feel alright.
    I take two in time of peace,
    I take two in time of war.
    I take two before I take two
    and then I take two more

Quote Originally Posted by Elumina View Post
    1. At the start of WoW the lich you summon in Helcular's Revenge, was so strong that it would wipe out whould kill every NPC and player in Southshore
    Ah yes, I remember this guy. In fact, it was a tactic of horde players to wait for him to show up then basically fight along side him to wipe out Southshore. Good times.

Deleted
    Great read, thanks

in the old pvp honor system, you could get dishonorable kills if you killed quest givers and faction NPCs that weren't guards. This would decrease the honor you gained at the end of the week.

hunters with feign death, freezing trap macros.

OOC rezzers in raids.

hunters with fast pets could set their pet to attack, then mount and the pet would continue to chase and kill other mounted players.

Quote Originally Posted by dator36 View Post
    Has to be kezan.

you had to make your own groups in BGs,
    so it was very common that there were atleast 3 groups xd.

"Many people don't know this, but there is a "click to move" option in WoW. You can zoom out your camera and move it up, and play WoW as WCIII for example." Huh? =S Someone explain this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    Could I add something?
    The sublimal messages from the spirit healer.
    She says:
    "Play World of Warcraft"
    "Give us your money"
    "That's right! Your customer."
    You can hear it on the video below here from 3:00
    Also, no this is not the effect from: "Great example of what people want to hear."
    PS: It's made by me
    Nice imagination, but even knowing this "at least" me cant hear that.

Someone has talked about azjol/old kingdom being lvleing areas?

Shame they didn't keep those graphics. I think they look much better.

Cheers

Nice post.. fun reading

Remember shamatanks, surely they "can" still tank but once they were intended to be able to serve as proper tanks which some old gear bares witness of..

I'm not sure if this is true, this was told to me by my old guildmaster who'd played since the beginning. He told us that every class that could resurrect others BESIDES Priest would still give players the Resurrection Sickness debuff.

Cool stuff, i've experienced part of that.

As for the losing XP when you died, im not sure about that, but back when i started playing (2005), i kept having breaks and on one of them i left my char at the spirit resser. When i returned i had lost considerably XP. So i guess it was only when you didnt ress?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    "Many people don't know this, but there is a "click to move" option in WoW. You can zoom out your camera and move it up, and play WoW as WCIII for example." Huh? =S Someone explain this.
    There is an option "Click to move". If you enable this, you can click on the ground, and your character will move to that location. That feature is so useless that nobody uses it

Deleted
    Awesome thread! Be sure to keep it updated !