Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Evocation was a talent and had a 10 min cooldown if I remember right

*shudders at the thought*
    Indeed. And if it wasn't mentioned yet, Arcane Explosion had a 1,5 second cast time and had to be improved by talents to be instant cast. Basically, besides Evocation, this was so useful that you almost *HAD* to spec it, if I remember correctly.

a few more off the top of my head

dwarves were the only race with Ward Undead. Horde had to deal with Tremor totems and warrior abilities to break fears.

Also, fear caused tanks to drop agro, so removing/making the tank immune to fear was REQUIRED for a lot of fights to have any chance at success.

So Priests that were not dwarves were given lower raid priority then dwarf priests, and many dwarf priests were made just to make use of the the racial spell.

Also, Nefarian DOES have a Death Knight Class call, where he death grips everyone towards him.

Warrior and Rogue's Sword Specialization talents also procced off themselves, although the chains were often much shorter, as they had a 5% chance to proc, rather then a 20% chance.

Windfury Totem gave all melee players a 10% chance to get an extra attack.

Windfury didn't have a wind animation until into The Burning Crusade

Evocation's Animation used to be a downward spiral instead of an upward whirlwind.

Prior to the introduction of Bladestorm/Divine Storm, that animation was used by a single item, The Ravager which dropped in SM Armory

The Arcanite Ripper was a drop in Kara during the WLK Launch event. It allows its wielder to turn himself into the Undead Guitarist from Level 70 Elite Tauren Chieftain.

There were several bosses introduced into the lower level instances which dropped better loot during the original Naxx event. They were removed afterwards.

All of the low level instances got a revamp to their gear sometime late in TBC. All Vanilla Instance bosses now drop blue quality items.

Mages could not apply their polymorph to a polymorphed target, so care had to be taken to give mages the space to re-apply polymorph before the mob reached the mage and killed him.

There was no proper itemization for Druid tanks, but many druids perceviered, relying on very difficult to attain items, such as a trinket that required 300 enchanting, or exalted status with Arathor/Defilers. Same goes for paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Indeed. And if it wasn't mentioned yet, Arcane Explosion had a 1,5 second cast time and had to be improved by talents to be instant cast. Basically, besides Evocation, this was so useful that you almost *HAD* to spec it, if I remember correctly.
    It's a part of the thing the OP mentions, so i guess it has been mentioned somewhere already...

Which reminds me that Mages and Warlocks were able to use leather armor in Beta... or was that just Warlocks? Either way, i don't think it would be a bad idea to actually have another caster who would be using leather armor, other than balance druids :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was mentioned (I did read the post), but in the BETA you had to go to "Soul Stones" and type /bind to be bound to a new area. If you died you spawned back at the last stone you were bound to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Yes I remember that now. Fire was awesome but nobody specced it because the large majority of raids bosses were immune to fire

I didnt see it here but might as well post it.

Warlock infernals use to last forever, you just had to re enslave them. Also if you didnt re enslave it would run lose and kill pretty much everything around it(cleared a good part of stormwind this way). Doomgaurd also use to work the same way, but it really did kill everything. Also there use to be a quest for every deamon summon(do the quest to get the summon). Also doom gaurd use to kill one person when it was summoned(but it was huge).

Hunter ammo pouches use to increase ranged attack speed(and there were rare ammo bags that were better then others).

Theres is an alliance toon near the graymane wall outside of sfk(some blind dude) who horde can trade with. Also npcs outside the wall and in amberpine turn into wogen at night.

There use to be a mob in the marsh by the barrens(cant remeber the name of the place) were there is a mob that can not be killed. You use to be able to kite this mob to a capitol(used this trick to get weapon skill achevments on all my toons).

The Corrupted Ashbringer, which dropped off Four Horsemen in 60Naxx has a short cutscene like event if brought in to the final room of SM Cath.

Baron Rivendere replaced Alexandros Mograine as one of the Four Horsemen in NaxxWLK. Alexandros Mograine was the creator of the Ashbringer, and can be seen in a Tarren Mill tavern in the Caverns of Time Escape From Durnholde discussing the creation of "The Ashbringer..." He is also the father of Darion Mograine, the leader of the Knights of the Ebon Blade (Who inherited the Corrupted Ashbringer), and Renault Mograine, who is the final boss of SM Cath.

Tirion Fordring was first introduced into WoW in a questline in the Eastern Plaguelands. He's still there as a lonely hermit giving a questline, even while he's battling Arthas in Icecrown.

Magistrate Barthilas can be seen in the Culling of Stratholme event, if you enter the Mayor's estate before starting the dragonkilling Gauntlet event. He is seen pacing in the room where you fight Chrono-Lord Epoch. He disappears when that dragon event is started. Outside the mayor's house there are people shouting for his resignation. He is also an undead boss in the level 60 version of stratholme, and drops the Key to the City.

warrior's intimidating shout used to have no limit to who it affected. was great.

whirlwind used to only hit with one weapon when dual wielding.

the Alterac Valley battleground used to be epic and had turn ins of items dropped from every race including Tufts of Gnome hair, severed Night Elf heads, Darkspear Troll Mojo, Dwarf Spine, Forsaken Heart, and Human bone chips. (i'm at a loss to what the horde versions were)

with there being no resource wins, it was possible for a single AV game to last hours if not a day or two (i once got into a game at 10pm, logged out in it at 1am and logged back in on Sunday and it was still going on) and it was standard procedure for people to immediately start farming for cavalry npcs and the ultimate horde/alliance avatar boss (which actually dropped loot if/when killed) to help push your way forward.

Also, there were a lot more npcs in the battleground standing at various places like the abandoned ballistae as well as inside the bunkers. In addition, there was an elite mob guarding bunkers and near graveyards which made taking them difficult to do with a small group.

The Marshals that are in the room with the Generals used to have to be pulled singularly and killed at the doorway to get to the Generals with a wipe usually happening if more than one was pulled.

Entering a battleground didn't automatically put you in a raid group so unless you got into one, you could help kill enemy players yet get no honor kill from it.

each battleground's badge could be turned in for rep for that faction or if you turned in some from each, it resulted in a higher rep return per each faction.

in addition to the honor kill, there was the dishonor kill which resulted in killing npc's marked as civilians and reduced your collected honor. while there were raids on cities/towns, usually they would break up if a single civilian was killed

Ah, i remember a few of those points.. well, all the ones you come across while leveling a human to ~20 (it was damn hard to level in wow classic beta).. Didnt know anyone while playing beta, so i stopped playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodlust used to be party only. There was no "Sated" so if a raid had 5 shamans, they could BL 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Daggy1111 View Post
    There use to be a mob in the marsh by the barrens(cant remeber the name of the place) were there is a mob that can not be killed. You use to be able to kite this mob to a capitol(used this trick to get weapon skill achevments on all my toons).
    That wasn't near the barrens, it's the in blasted lands. But yes, you're right. They could only be killed by destroying their crystals, and if you kited them to a city, they were unkillable.

Another famous example of kiting lead Lord Kazzak to Stormwind, where he was completely unkillable, and slaughtered countless alliance, gaining levels, and regaining health with each kill.

Lord Kazzak was replaced with Highlord Kruul, when Kazzak moved to Outland, although I doubt anyone seriously killed Highlord Kruul that much. The age of World-Bosses was pretty much over by then.

10+ Year Old Account
    A'dal was killable if you kited a Fel Reaver to him

And one more warlock thing. In Smv there is a Pit Lord in forge camp(i think hate its the one right by the city) that if you had improved enslave demon talented(yes it use to be a lock talent) and logged while falling(had to be in air when you logged) you could actually keep him permenently. This got fixed at some point, but i had the him as my demon for the better part of 3 weeks.

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Altorin View Post
    That wasn't near the barrens, it's the in blasted lands. But yes, you're right. They could only be killed by destroying their crystals, and if you kited them to a city, they were unkillable.
    No theres one in the ogre city in that march near the barrens(hes a quest mob that if you drop him below half health in one hit cant die).

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrath View Post
    warrior's intimidating shout used to have no limit to who it affected. was great.

the Alterac Valley battleground used to be epic and had turn ins of items dropped from every race including Tufts of Gnome hair, severed Night Elf heads, Darkspear Troll Mojo, Dwarf Spine, Forsaken Heart, and Human bone chips. (i'm at a loss to what the horde versions were)

with there being no resource wins, it was possible for a single AV game to last hours if not a day or two (i once got into a game at 10pm, logged out in it at 1am and logged back in on Sunday and it was still going on) and it was standard procedure for people to immediately start farming for cavalry npcs and the ultimate horde/alliance avatar boss (which actually dropped loot if/when killed) to help push your way forward.

Also, there were a lot more npcs in the battleground standing at various places like the abandoned ballistae as well as inside the bunkers. In addition, there was an elite mob guarding bunkers and near graveyards which made taking them difficult to do with a small group.

The Marshals that are in the room with the Generals used to have to be pulled singularly and killed at the doorway to get to the Generals with a wipe usually happening if more than one was pulled.

Entering a battleground didn't automatically put you in a raid group so unless you got into one, you could help kill enemy players yet get no honor kill from it.

each battleground's badge could be turned in for rep for that faction or if you turned in some from each, it resulted in a higher rep return per each faction.

in addition to the honor kill, there was the dishonor kill which resulted in killing npc's marked as civilians and reduced your collected honor. while there were raids on cities/towns, usually they would break up if a single civilian was killed
    I can't believe nobody mentioned the Horde Ice God or Alliance Tree God until now. I loved Vanilla AV. There was still nothing more epic than hanging around the Field of Strife while your factions god gained power only to watch them start stampeding to the other factions leader and crushing everything in their way. It was damn hard to win AV back then (especially for Horde thanks to that damn bridge) and Lok (the Horde God) provided me with most of my victories. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrath View Post

More Warrior fun!

Retaliation worked hilariously with Sweeping Strikes. Each attack against you triggered 2 attacks in return, and it didn't count towards the number of attacks that Sweeping Strikes multiplied, so theoretically, you could pull an entire instance of enemies, and hit Retaliation and Sweeping Strikes, and probably kill all of the mobs.

Also, Sweeping Strikes caused Cleave to give you 2 extra attacks while only taking away 1 charge of SS. It caused Whirlwind to give an extra 15 attacks while taking away only 1 charge of SS. Sweeping Strikes also switched places twice, going from Arms to fury in 2.3, and then going back to Arms in 3.0.2

druids during beta could use shields and polearms *removed later on release* but polearms were added back in burning crusade.

crit system was by % not by rating then they changed it

there is a knowen bug which make warriors can get 1 more talent point at levle 60

Ashbringer(the legendary version) was on loot table in early wow days(not sure about that)

blizzard changed the modles of T1 and they redsigned it later

the warlock pet secuubes she was so ugly at the begining of wow then they redsigned her

Aracante reaper was the best axe to start pvp or raids

along time ago items with spell power used to be like this:increase spell power by.... and healing by....

there is a knowen bug which make a grp of shammys hits for 15k i forget which spell they used

C'thun was impossible to be killed

Ragnaorse used to drop a legendary wep but they changed it and they make him drop eye of sulfras instead(im not sure)

i will add more when i remember

In Morgan's Plot (behind Karazahn) is an entrance to the biggest crypt in the game. But its sealed oh my a gate buy you are able to use auto-unstuck to get inside. Its the place where Aegwynn and Medivh are buried. As you walk through the huge crypt you here a heart beat and you hear it the loudest when you come close next to two big tombs. Its contains one of the most horrific rooms; the "Upside Down Sinners".

Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Crypt#Deadwind_Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Altorin View Post
    There is also an ogre mob, Grol the Destroyer (who is actually a demon) who is involved with a long quest line who will only die if using an item involved with the quest. on my server he was kited to Org just the other day.

Do like, do like! oh my god that was interesting to read dude 10/10
    Lagg dosen't exist. Only bad Internetz...
    Paladins isent OP Blizz just made all ohter classes weaker.