Page 12 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    after reading your but about losing experience when you die i thought that i remembered reading something like that in the original WoW manual. I was correct and it seems that the lose of exp only applied to resurrecting at a spirit healer. the old manual also said that there was NO penalty if you run back to your corpse, but perhaps in beta or alpha a player would lose exp for any death

i apologize if anyone has already said this

remember when hunters stacked spell damage to heal ther pet to solo crap? good times good times.

this is like the best informant thread about the game ive ever seen!! keep up the good work ill try and think of something too

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    Storm stike when first put in stacked. so if you got enough shamans to storm strike a target you could 1shot it.

found the video of it being done .. enhance shamans used grey weapons so not to kill the target: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAm7jImrsUU
    thank you so much for the link
    i spent years looking for it and typing all the kindes of words but i failed
    thank you again
    god bless you

10+ Year Old Account
    realy fun and interesting to read, ty

Really awesome thread!

And yeah, been playing a mage for a good time now, spending 16 points in Arcane just too get your Evocation and instant Arcane Explosion, was great times!

Which is why we just got PoM, since ther was nothing of real for us getting the 31 point frost talent (Ice Barrier with a 1 minute cooldown and short duration if I'm not mistaken), and the fact that we already spent 16 points in the Arcane tree, so why not!

I don't believe I saw this on your list, but rogues had to mix their poisons and level up a skill bar to mix the higher level poisons, it was basically a rogue only profession.
    Last edited by renegade801; 2010-06-18 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    remember when hunters stacked spell damage to heal ther pet to solo crap? good times good times.
    this, a hunter with enough +healing items could solo pretty much any raid boss, just took a while. think there's a vid of a hunter soloing azurigos in azhara.

mages specced frost for pve and fire for pvp, arcane was only there for utility (pve fire got better when AQ got released and was a must for nax60). PoM pyro with doubble trinkets popped was the reason we can no longer activate 2 trinkets at the same time good times >

Hunter's aimed shot had a cast time, it could be cast while shadowmelding if you were NE tho, kings of pvp at the time.

killing low level npc's gave dishonorable kills as an attempt to stop the massive world pvp, especially in southshore. getting to many dishonorable kills would make you loose pvp ranks, or at least not get any higher if you had enough honorable kills.

attacking some1 that's sitting down guarantees a crit (dunno if this is still in the game)

warlocks could wear leather (this was somewhere in the thread, but the poster was in doubt if it was also mages, but it was just locks).

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, there wasnt always just 200% exp bonus while rested. Prior to patch 0.7 it was always like this:

Patch 0.6
    Well Rested 200% XP
    Rested 150% XP
    Normal 100% XP
    Tired 100% XP
    Fatigued 50% XP
    Exhausted 25% XP

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 08:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    This thread is both new and interesting For real this time
    You brought me back memories of vanilla wow i thought i have forgotten
    LF dwarf priest , a must for ony encounter for the fear ward !!!!
    Being CCed for an eternity by mages/rogues , hell yeah and i was playing a hunter with str and spirit and SP on his gear , no scaling for the pet ..... and i wonder why they called me huntard lol :P
    And windfury totem used to work for hunters , machinegun ftw!!!!
    Also, Thunderfury Debuff also worked for Hunters lol.
    Last edited by Aalamar; 2010-06-18 at 12:14 AM.

Just loved it! keep the good work!
    it was a wall of text that kept me entertained! ( thats something that dont happens everyday you know?! )
    + 1 internets for ya!

lets see? warlocks could kill in duels? warriors did crap for threat even with 5 sunders up a priest could pull with 1 heal, paladins had to switch seals in combat to be even mildly effective. there was no such thing as a dps druid or shaman. you were a healer thats final.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that warlocks were also intended to be a slight melee class. Their original firestone did fire damage on hit, similar to the fire enchant.

http://thottbot.com/i13701
    Last edited by Xylense; 2010-06-18 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Link

Quote Originally Posted by Aalamar View Post
    Also, there wasnt always just 200% exp bonus while rested. Prior to patch 0.7 it was always like this:

Patch 0.6
    Well Rested 200% XP
    Rested 150% XP
    Normal 100% XP
    Tired 100% XP
    Fatigued 50% XP
    Exhausted 25% XP

---------- Post added 06-17-2010 at 08:08 PM ----------

Also, Thunderfury also worked for Hunters lol.

they should have kept the exp thing it would make it more entertianing to lv. no more 1-70s in 2 days anymore.

I have one to add ^_^

Sexy Succubus! The practically nude ones they changed to be more family/child friendly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice read!

Keep them coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Xylense View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that warlocks were also intended to be a slight melee class. Their original firestone did fire damage on hit, similar to the fire enchant.
    i really dont remember the old fire stone. though i remember it was crap to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Minira View Post
    I remember having to stop at each flight master on a flight path to select the next point. And I seem to recall only seeing the flight points directly connected to the one you were at.
    This. Pain in the...

Proud rider of Mimiron's Head!

10+ Year Old Account
    I remeber raiding scolomance (and wipeing), I remeber when they introduced dire maul, I remeber siliths being pretty much empty, now I feel old

PS to this day if you swim behind silithus, you will find a cave, and some taurn buildings. There are a few areas that are kinda secrect like the dwarf farm behind the highlands.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i really dont remember the old fire stone. though i remember it was crap to use it.
    http://thottbot.com/i13701 There it is.

Not sure if this has been posted, but the cost for mounts and mount training used to be reversed. Epic land mount cost 1000g and the training cost 100g, and mounts didn't BoP (they BoU'd) so people would get guildies who had better discounts to buy them for you. Seeing somebody with two different epic land mounts was very impressive, and the PvP mounts were huge money savers (although you needed to have a high enough PvP rank to buy them).
    Last edited by Renowned; 2010-06-18 at 12:24 AM. Reason: Addition