Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orumis View Post
    For Enhancement shamans, there were talents to increase blocking from shields, increasing your defense skill, and toughness.
    There was no dual wield talent... in fact there WAS a talent to allow you to wield two-handed axes and maces, however...
    also, improved windfury was only 22 points into the tree, which meant you could spec anything and still hit hard with a weapon. deep down was like improved grace of air which just tacked on more agility to it, lol. imp grounding was god-like.
    old suicide specs where you had no chance of survival, but you could burst through anything. anticipation gave like 10 defense, then they changed it to give something like 8% dodge, now it gives 3%?

Quote Originally Posted by Palidan View Post
    Rogue and warrior mace specialization used to randomly stun people. The rogue mace spec was changed to ARP bonus shortly after that, but warrior mace spec was left unchanged for the whole expansion.
    This was changed at the end of BC and it didn't get changed shortly

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh and you used to be able to use the stuck button in the help part of the game to use as an extra hearthstone without your normal hearthstone cooldown
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know why this is under the "recent posts" on the homepage..
    But it sure brings back good memories

Shh. I'm invisible.
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beno113 View Post
    Don't know why this is under the "recent posts" on the homepage..
    But it sure brings back good memories
    because someone responded 2 minutes ago on it

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

youre right :)

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Dire Maul was the original MgT/TOC5 and had gear that rivaled early entry level raid gear although it was still blue.

Blizzard required warlocks and paladins to do a quest to get their Felsteed and Charger (course less you started in WotLK you probably knew this).

I believe (might be wrong on this one) that undead once had underwater breathing that allowed them to remain below water without a breath meter.
    Yea, http://web.archive.org/web/200406030...aq_races.shtml
    What are the racial traits?
    Currently, we only have the answer for three of the races:

* Dwarves: Find Treasure & Frost Resistance
    * Humans: Additional Skill Points
    * Undead: Underwater Breathing, Immune to Charm, Fear & Sleep and Shadow Resistance

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the NPCs and items are named after real people (These aren't any spells or anything, just fun knowledge) Most of these are things people don't know about WoW (;

Haris Pilton: Obviously Paris Hilton
    Floyd Pinkus: Innkeeper for Thrallmar, obviously named after an amazing bank Pink Floyd <3
    Harrison Jones: Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones
    The crazy cat lady who sells the kittens is named after an old Blizzard employee who was crazy about cats.
    Breanni the female gnome who sells pet vanity items is named after the creator of Warcraftpets.com
    The Hydra in Zul Farrak is named Gahz'rilla, an obvious reference to Godzilla.
    In Undercity one of bankers is named Ophelia Montague, Ophelia was a character from "Hamlet" and Montague was the name of one of the families in "Romeo & Juliet", both supposedly written by Shakespear. One of them is also name "William Montague" which is most likely a reference to William Shakespere.
    The Innkeeper in Undercity is named Norman and the one in Sepulcher is named Bates. A reference to the psycho killer Norman Bates.
    All the Wing Commanders in Alterac Valley have names of Pilot's Callsigns from Top Gun.
    There is an Abomination in in Strathlome named Rammstein, most likely a refrence to the band. Also a slight chance of it being dedicated to the German Rammstein airbase, during an aircraft show, when there was an accident killing 69 people.
    In the Deeprun Tram If you look out in the water near some sunken ships, you can see a Naga named Little Mermaid, an obvious referance to Disney's animated movie.
    In Stormwind, a teacher walks around town with a bunch of kids, all of whom have
    names of Blizzard Employees.
    In Thunderbluff there is an NPC called Clarice Foster of Silence of the Lambs. This is a combo name, based on Clarice Starling and Jodie Foster, who played her.
    Two NPCs at Marshal's Refuge, northern Un'Goro. They are references to Will and Holly Marshall, two characters in the TV series "Land of the Lost".

Theres a lot more...
    http://www.gamershell.com/faqs/world...ereggsfaq/1.2/

~
    Phaelia's Vestments of the Sprouting Seed is named after a retired druid blogger.
    Aldriana's Gloves of Secrecy named after a rogue theory crafter who made an amazing rogue spreadsheet.
    Astrylian's Sutured Cinch: Person who created Rawr.

Heres a bigger list:
    http://epicadvice.com/questions/5622...theorycrafters
    Some pretty interesting stuff.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I'm not sure if this is true, this was told to me by my old guildmaster who'd played since the beginning. He told us that every class that could resurrect others BESIDES Priest would still give players the Resurrection Sickness debuff.
    This trade made me find some awesome websites. I think you should read that, you're almost right xD

http://web.archive.org/web/200406030...aq_death.shtml
    What happens when a player resurrects me? Will I lose experience?
    No, but you will have resurrection sickness for a short time. All your stats and your overall combat ability will be reduced for a few minutes. (so every class, even priests would give rez sick)

Also, someone said that you were losing exp when you were rezzing, well :
    http://web.archive.org/web/200406100...ll/death.shtml
    You can talk to the spirit healer NPC (currently located at graveyards) to immediately resurrect yourself at the spirit healer's location for an experience loss. Experience-loss deaths will be rare; ideally, you won't have to use a spirit healer too often since you can be resurrected by a Paladin, Shaman, Priest, or Warlock player. It will also usually be easy enough to walk back to your corpse as a ghost. If you do decide to use a spirit healer, your experience loss will be meaningful but will never cost you your level.

Sorry for the long replys, but I hope I confirmed a few things
    I got all my info from :
    http://web.archive.org/web/200406100.../wow/townhall/

Quote Originally Posted by Vervaine View Post
    In Undercity one of bankers is named Ophelia Montague, Ophelia was a character from "Hamlet" and Montague was the name of one of the families in "Romeo & Juliet", both supposedly written by Shakespear. One of them is also name "William Montague" which is most likely a reference to William Shakespere.
    Supposedly?

He *did* write them -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Creed86 View Post
    Never quite understood people playing humans. Isn't the point of a fantasy game to be something else not something you are irl, then again you dont exactly encounter dragons irl either unless you count my sister.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiry View Post
    Supposedly?

He *did* write them -.-
    Copied and pasted from the link

You use to be able to talk to people of the other fraction using the /emote command, same with mind controlling someone of the opposite fraction (but then you could just talk normally)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiry View Post
    Supposedly?

He *did* write them -.-
    He may have, but there is a lot of contention about that. Several notable historians now believe that Shakespeare ran the theatre, and even wrote a few of the plays, but the major plays were written by a nobleman, and given to Shakespeare, since a noble writing plays would not be looked upon with much respect.

at TBC shammys can use BL as many times they want in raid debends on how many shammys in the raid

Hakkar has a debuff that some ppl exploited it and killed everybody at orgrimmar(cant find the vid)

there was a fire debuff that some ppl HS when they get it then used it on other players at AH xD i think the debuff comes from BWL not sure tbh

locks used to solo Hydross the Unstable first boss at SC back in TBC

ench shammys used 2h wep back in vanilla instead of duel wielding 1h wep

Surfang was Immortal back in TBC

there was 2 types of crit ratings: crit rating(mele) and spell crit rating

Mankrik's wife

the loot system back in vanilla xD

pallys cant tank only heal

warriors tank most of time in raids

the drama about rogues back in vanilla early and late of vanilla

and WOTF back in vanilla
    Last edited by aramco007; 2010-06-18 at 01:51 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aramco007 View Post
    there was 2 types of crit ratings: crit rating(mele) and spell crit rating
    Was the same with hit rating. Spell hit and melee hit

(Please don't hurt me if this was mentioned before)

Along with Mages Pyroblasting out of Invisibility, Night Elf Shadowmeld used to fade upon the ability/spell 'firing' rather than on the cast. So a shadowmelded hunter could Aimed Shot and you wouldn't see him until after he fired.

Edit: Oh! I just remembered when Meeting Stones were this amazing new feature that built groups out of other people who had clicked the meeting stone! And Innkeepers had a gossip item about them.

I was also there when WSG was introduced and the entire server was piled into the places you had to go to queue for each faction. And also the talk of BG's being a fad.
    Last edited by bm0; 2010-06-18 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickloven View Post
    I can't believe nobody mentioned the Horde Ice God or Alliance Tree God until now. I loved Vanilla AV. There was still nothing more epic than hanging around the Field of Strife while your factions god gained power only to watch them start stampeding to the other factions leader and crushing everything in their way. It was damn hard to win AV back then (especially for Horde thanks to that damn bridge) and Lok (the Horde God) provided me with most of my victories. Good times!
    These bosses are still in AV, but usually by the time you have gathered the blood (horde side) to summon them, the game is over. I do remember once sending Mulverick bomb the alliance village and having report of dumbfunded people asking what was going on.

the area where you buy your honor pvp gear (Hall of Legends/Champion's Hall) used to be instanced and you could only go in if you had a minimum rank. the day I reached it, i was so happy. Not sure why it was that way unless they intended it to be someplace for the epic pvpers to hang out and chat amongst themselves. *shrug*

Deadly plague hits world of warcraft

THIS was funny.. copy/pasted from bbs as i cba to type it all...

A deadly virtual plague has broken out in the online game World of Warcraft.
    Although limited to only a few of the game's servers the numbers of characters that have fallen victim is thought to be in the thousands.

Originally it was thought that the deadly digital disease was the result of a programming bug in a location only recently added to the Warcraft game.

However, it now appears that players kicked off the plague and then kept it spreading after the first outbreak.

Since its launch in November 2004, World of Warcraft (Wow) has become the most widely played massively multiplayer online (MMO) game in the world.

Its creator, Blizzard, claims that now more than four million people are regular players.

Last rites

In the last week, it added the Zul'Gurub dungeon which gave players a chance to confront and kill the fearsome Hakkar - the god of Blood.

In his death throes Hakkar hits foes with a "corrupted blood" infection that can instantly kill weaker characters.

The infection was only supposed to affect those in the immediate vicinity of Hakkar's corpse but some players found a way to transfer it to other areas of the game by infecting an in-game virtual pet with it.

This pet was then unleashed in the orc capital city of Ogrimmar and proved hugely effective as the Corrupted Blood plague spread from player to player.

Although computer controlled characters did not contract the plague, they are said to have acted as "carriers" and infected player-controlled characters they encountered.

Body count

The first server, or "realm" as Blizzard calls them, affected by the plague was Archimonde; but it is known to have spread to at least two others.

The spread of the disease could have been limited by the fact that Hakkar is difficult to kill, so some realms may not yet have got round to killing him and unleashing his parting shot.

The digital disease instantly killed lower level characters and did not take much longer to kill even powerful characters.

Many online discussion sites were buzzing with reports from the disaster zones with some describing seeing "hundreds" of bodies lying in the virtual streets of the online towns and cities.

Blizzard tried to control the plague by staging rolling re-starts of all the servers supporting the Warcraft realms and applying quick fixes.

However, there are reports that this has not solved all the problems and that isolated pockets of plague are breaking out again.

Quote Originally Posted by Donks View Post
    I dont know if these have been mentioned yet but:
    -Blizzard would reimburse game time if servers were down in the early days.
    -Each time a bid was placed on an auction in the auction house it would add a little more time to the auction
    -you could duel opposite factions
    1) I think it is still policy when some servers are in trouble.
    2) Still there to prevent sniping.
    3) You can still do that, I once did it during Hallow's End at the SM stone. I was horde. (sidenote, some horde came and nuked my opponent).

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW best thread ever. Can't wait for more tomorrow.

"Worlds first is overrated anyway. Only proves that you have no life."