Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Bombing the auction house which was much like the tainted blood incident was common. Find it on youtube.

This was the base for the mage ability.

Living Bomb — an effect that cannot be dispelled (It will be negated by Ice Block, Cloak of Shadows and Divine Shield, however). The bomb will explode in 10 seconds and cause 3200 damage to the target and those players in the immediate area (it can crit for 4800!). The target of the living bomb will also be flung straight up into the air and take falling damage upon landing. The Damage dealt by this is increased by the amount of +dmg gear a character has on.

Also the old rested system used to penalize you for being "exhausted" as spoken of in latest wow-mag.

Entangling roots used to require druids to be outside making this one semi-cc useless in instances.

There used to be only shaman trainers for Alliance in Exodar making shammy leveling past 20 a huge pain. Solved by adding trainer to SW.

Recently hunters could tame a worgen. I personally had mine taken but others kept them.

Melee used to be able to hit Onyxia while she flew.
    Last edited by Bonsaii; 2010-06-18 at 11:16 AM.

Interesting..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but. You used to lose durability from pvp so after each fight you'd need to repair. I was so traumatized by that it wasn;t until recently that i decided to male a pvp OS. Before i just did some in bc to try and get some epic weapons. But seriously it was horrible.

Phew, thats one massive list... **sigh* Reminds me of (good?) old times... And things I'd very much would love to forget.

I remember when Lay on Hands costed 100% of your mana and had a 1 hour long cd

Quote Originally Posted by Kradsk View Post

Mc used to drop T1 and half of T2 set pieces.Belt& bracer of both tier were BOE. Is not really true. Its true that you got the belt and bracer were BoE, but you couldnt get half of the t2 set. Only the t2 legs dropped of ragnaros and the head dropped from onyxia. Rest was in BWL.
    I'm talking before BWL was added, in the first days of MC. What you described is what it currently is.

You could get 3 or 4 pieces of T2 in MC for every class. I remember reading lots of post about t2 sets with missing info of the unknown set pieces.

registered only to write in this topic..
    -Back in TBC, Bosses had complete elemental immunities, 1st boss in SSC was immune to frost, 1st boss in TC was immune to fire, mages had it pretty rough, if they than went arcane with the silly 2 piece bonus of tier5, they confronted arcane immunity on the Curator in karazhan. Also Vanilla had full immunities on bosses, very often fire.
    -Back in early Vanilla, the Succubus had a crapy, but funny looking model, can be seen on wowwiki when searching for succubus.
    -Evocation was a talent in the arcane tree of the mage.
    -"Detect Magic", a now removed mage spell was a core mechanic on the 1st boss un "Gruul's Lair" together with Spellsteal for the Magetank.
    -After one Vanilla Patch, Warriors were blessed with one extra skillpoint for a short amount of time, having 52 skillpoints. At the same time there also was a bug with worriors abilities, making them get unlimited ap and soloing vanilla naxx.
    -Not so long ago in LK already, mages could steal the "bone shield" from the riders in naxx, and abuse a talent they have to give them insane amounts of spell power.
    -Most PuGs in TBC couldnt beat the vanilla naxx!
    -In TBC a warrior or rogue with both legendary blades and mungoo enchant on both, aswell as a buff from a mind controled mob from toc:hyjal, aswell as other speed buffs, achieved an attack speed of less than 0.2s (cant remember clearly, might've been less than 0,1s)

and most important: hogger was most hated mob ever for being elite!
    Last edited by Svinder; 2010-06-18 at 10:57 AM.

great info, thanks

Thank you Cthulhu Ftagn for the signature and avatar!
    I played a small part in the "Cthulhu versus Deathwing (Gelbin Mekkatorque)" in Who wants a custom avatar, signature, wallpaper and UAP

I don't know if it's been said already, but the noise DBM uses, usually when something bad's timer is coming up, (Not the high pitched sounds, the much lower, almost gongish sound) comes from Tarren Mill's church, it plays the bell at early hours in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    - Shaman used to be Horde only, and paladin was Alliance only. This made for huge unfairness(Shaman had tremor, or anti-fear totems. Alliance were screwed. That's why Dwarf priest and their fear ward were MENDATORY.)
    As far as I remember Dwarf-Priests were much better than the tremor totem - at least horde QQ'd so hard about them.
    Also - not mandatory, but were nice to have -> Stance-Dance was the way to go for Warriors, which were the only real viable tanking-class back then.

- also, the Vanilla "Black Lotus" is a Stand-alone herb. You can't find it like the TBC/Wrath Versions together with other herbs. Horrible farming back then,...

Taken from wow-head:
    "Only 4 Black Lotus can be spawned at any given time. One per zone can be spawned at a time in the following zones: Silithus, Winterspring, Burning Steppes and Eastern Plaguelands. Black Lotus will spawn randomly in one of ten different spawns locations within the zones listed above.

The spawn time for Black Lotus is between 45 mins to 1 hour 15 mins."

Deleted
    Don't know if this has been mentioned, but back in the old days there was no crit rating, items increased your crit chane by x%, I remember those two trinkets in UBRS which increased either spell or melee crit chance by solid +2%.

stormstrike didn´t just benefit 1 shaman, so if you had 10 enchaments shamans all doing stormstrike on 1 target he´d take insane amounts off extra nature damage, so next elemental shaman´s attack would be rape: there's a vide about it somewhere on Youtube

also

undead could be shackeld in pvp, was fun as hell while it lasted
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

^ A new and orginal change.. OH WAIT

Inbefore QQ about my avatar if you want removed, but remember, baby seals die in the process off it's removal!!

Quote Originally Posted by sarow View Post
    No, i remember being able to talk in this channel and i was master sergeant only with my main.
    maybe at a later time but patch 1.6

wowwiki.com/Patch_1.6.0

PvP
    Honor System
    There is now a progress bar on the Honor tab of your character window that displays how close you are to your next rank.
    The honor screen now displays a bar indicating how far along your current rank you are (Scout, Private, etc). This will let you know whether you are moving towards your next rank or falling back towards your previous rank. from week to week.
    There is a new "This Week" section of the Honor tab, which will display PvP accomplishments of the current week.
    The "This Session" section of the Honor tab has been changed to "Today", and will now display the entirety of your accomplishments for the day instead of the most recent session.
    Honor system reward items with a rank requirement will now require a lifetime "highest rank" of that rank, rather than requiring the character to currently have the required rank.
    Players rank 11 or higher can now chat in the WorldDefense channel

Usually people say "What's this i don't even ... " but this time we're all going to say awesome

Deleted
    Back in early beta I believe it was, professions was very different from what you know today.

You would earn "skill points" in addition to experience points when killing mobs (but not by turning in quests I believe). These skill points were used to learn and level professions, learn weapon skills, and even increase attributes. The number of professions you could learn was not hard capped like today, but only limited by the number of skill points you had. Also there was no such thing as primary and secondary professions. All of today's secondary professions was a single profession called "wildlife survival" or something along those lines, which also included the ability to make different sizes of camp fires. I think it was Blizzard's idea that you would make a camp fire when you rested up because of the spirit bonus.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that once WoW was difficult, challenging and fun.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I'll assume that Blizzard is full of smart people

I remember that damn uldaman Enchanting trainer! That was a pain, lol

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some more:

-Rogue poisons had charges, so you would have to recharge your weapon mid-fight during bosses
    -Shamans used to get 2 ap per 1 str, but no ap from agility. Nowadays it's 1 ap per 1 str, and 1 agi per 1 str.
    -Hunters aimed shot used to have a cast time, and required you to be out of combat.
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland View Post
    I remember that damn uldaman Enchanting trainer! That was a pain, lol
    every enchanting trainer was a pain(i didn't know about thottbot or wowhead that time)
    also was a pain leveling my pala while only silvermoon had a trainer.
    and the shaman totem quests.(they had to be in your bag)
    and mounts and pets being in your bag.
    paladin/druids/shamans only had one spec for pve (healing) while still being outhealed by a priest
    druids needed to shift out of there forms to heal. or change form(double mana and GCD)

Quote Originally Posted by Storno View Post
    As far as I remember Dwarf-Priests were much better than the tremor totem - at least horde QQ'd so hard about them.
    Thats what I thought, tremor is rather unreliable to have on tanks, also It could massively fuck up onyxia fights if dps/heal missed the fear but the tank didn't. It would go straight for the raid en cause mayhem

Also, in early vanilla it was possible to stay out of combat on most raid boss fights. And OOC-rezzer (staying out of combat to be able to use your res on people that died) was a an actual raid task mostly filled by shamans and paladins. Good ol' times
    "Remember, remember the 6th of July.
    The Real ID treason and Plot.
    I see no reason why the Real ID Treason
    Should ever be forgot."