Page 62 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    -Death Knights and some other classes were planned to be released with original WoW, but they were saved for later.
    Anyone know which were "other" classes?

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bumdee View Post
    They should have this info on the official site somewhere, too good to pass up
    +1 with that

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bofedy View Post
    i hope you update this thread till the end of time :P
    me too

Sap used to break stealth unless you had imp sap, arcane explosion was a point talent, Lacerate was a talent way back when as well. Feral in Vanilla= lol

This is sort of unrelated but the part about Michael Koiter is also in starcraft 2. He's a terran that's fallen in battle and Jim Raynor finds his tag. It's very touching actually. Nice to know blizzard cares for their members like family.
    Playing 2's is like shooting yourself in the kneecaps and wondering why it hurts.

Stood in the Fire Doctor Deanster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    (If you are playing on US servers, you can roll a human on server Moonguard, and walk to Goldshire Inn. Warning: What is seen cannot be unseen.)

ROFL!!!!! great one dude i found that in the wall of text also sig worthy >

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Focke View Post
    Sap used to break stealth unless you had imp sap, arcane explosion was a point talent, Lacerate was a talent way back when as well. Feral in Vanilla= lol
    You are not quite right.... Arcane Explosion was not a point talent, however you had to pick a talent to remove the cast time, and Lacerate was a talent in the survival hunter tree.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Anyone know which were "other" classes?

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:53 PM ----------

+1 with that

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:57 PM ----------

me too
    Necromancer

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    Blood elf priests had a hand of weakness ( forgot name) that did slight damage and would do a melee debuff to anyone that had hit the priest.
    Blood elf priests had a spell that turned debuffs into mana mate.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is a really cool list, I remember some of the things on there but many of them made me go "Whaaat?" :P

*points to the screenshot of a gnome*

"You've ruined your own lands, you'll not ruin mine."

Oh hey, didn't know this was Everquest.
    Last edited by Adrex5794; 2010-11-13 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    You are not quite right.... Arcane Explosion was not a point talent, however you had to pick a talent to remove the cast time, and Lacerate was a talent in the survival hunter tree.

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:35 PM ----------

Necromancer

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 07:36 PM ----------

Blood elf priests had a spell that turned debuffs into mana mate.
    Pretty sure you might be thinking of mana tap then arcane torrent combos. I had a belf priest and they shared that hand of weakness? with trolls iirc

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Talanaer View Post
    Pretty sure you might be thinking of mana tap then arcane torrent combos. I had a belf priest and they shared that hand of weakness? with trolls iirc
    I assure you, they had just such a spell as I mentioned, they might have had a hand of weakness one too, that I do no know... Obviously I can't find the info regarding the mana-snatch spell atm :S

Found it: Consume Magic - http://www.wowwiki.com/Consume_Magic

However you were also right, they did have Touch of Weakness, along with Undeads, they one Trolls had was Hex of Weakness.

Undead/Belf http://www.wowwiki.com/Touch_of_Weakness

Troll: http://www.wowwiki.com/Hex_of_Weakness
    Last edited by Venziir; 2010-11-13 at 08:04 PM.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    really interesting stuff!
    thanks !

Deleted
    Bookmarked.

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    actually this is how frostbolt-volley could be done with only a few lines of code

pseudocode:
    #chooseplayer
    #choosecast
    #targeteverybodyinaggrolist
    #cast

Of course it could have been death n decay which would kill everybody if there were many players O.o imagine 40 dnd stacked on one place.
    they probably have added one single line after deathknights reporting him not casting anything like that while soloing him

#deathknight Death Grip

done, easy as that.

or general flag for deathknights when mobs copy skills. i think there are mobs out there that copy skills and its always deathgrip.
    ah in zulaman! i think the boss that copies skills deathgrips but im not sure. it would be a hit that classes have skills flagged that generally get copied.
    Mortal Strike, Death Grip, Hammer of Justice?
    Possible, but his buff also restores Runic Power, so at the very least they had to have gone back to the encounter and edited the tooltip to reflect that.

Signature courtesy of Safhira.

Deleted
    i remember back in the vanilla days it was possible to players to get Martin thunder or well to it got removed by blizz fastly

and renamed www dot wowhead dot com/item=192

Wow, really nice read. Made me chuckle and got me a "wow" feeling. Sweet!

bump for this epicness

Class specific mounts (Pally and Warlock) used to cost mana.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    This has no doubt been mentioned, but I just remembered it. I'm not sure if it was removed in TBC or WotLK, but in vanilla if you logged out anywhere it would pause your character, no matter what. Meaning that if you jumped into the air and hit /camp, your toon would appear to float in mid air. A couple of us used to have fun doing it during BWL runs with most of the raid going WTF?

You also used to be able to adjust something like the pitch amount through the /console command during TBC and do loop-de-loops on your flying mount. Not sure when this was removed (or is it still possible?).
    still possible

Wowww. This thread brought me much entertainment. I must say after hearing the Moon Guard (US) one, I automatically made a human and jumped into the inn. Not only was I shocked by the amount of people naked, I had someone named Lovedoctorr whisper me "Wanna have some fun baby?" LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Syronicus View Post
    Class specific mounts (Pally and Warlock) used to cost mana.
    And were spells in specific schools. If you were in a BG, you didn't use the pally mount because you could get jumped and interrupted and were locked out of the holy school.

amazing thread, chapeau