Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    How about banning petitions and /sign threads instead.

mines bigger
    We should all start saying what our gearscore is. Mine is 6122. Whos next?

10+ Year Old Account
    /sign

CCCCCOMBO BREAKER
    If actions speak louder than words
    I'll be the most deafening noise you've heard.
    I'll be that ringing in your ears
    That will stick around for years.

Why don't you stop reading gear score threads?

You're the problem, not gear score.

Haha, this thread got way of track almost instantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius? That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you? What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

Deleted
    there is nothing wrong with gearscore... people is just using the mod wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post

The problem with GS threads isn't the mod. It isn't people using the mod. It isn't people NOT using the mod. it's people like ROBINHOODEXE who don't read the thread and have no clue what it's about, then they just post randomly about crap that isn't related to, or has already been thoroughly discussed.

People shouldn't post in a thread without having read 50%+ of the posts therein. Like the person I quoted!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Quote Originally Posted by xionkarl View Post
    Someone sounds mad.

Gearscore is a part of the game at this point.

It's like saying "I don't like Talbuks, you should ban anyone talking about Talbuks."
    Hate those damn Talbuks.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    Apparently Blizzard doesn't think so, since the mods in the official forums are always locking/deleting gearscore threads.
    If I wanted to post on the "official forums" I would be. Shocking, I know, but sometimes Blizzard makes ridiculously incorrect decisions. That would be one of them. Not policing their links for malware would be another.

not all that many /signs here
    why isnt it a poll?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I never said there was anything wrong with the mod, the retarded discussions about the mod are however.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    mate get real just cause u got a shit gearscore.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

So many things wrong with this Post.
    #1. Gear is Apart of the Game. Start with Banning Gear threads, and why not everything else?
    #2. No one ever Said you had to Read/Reply to any Gear Threads.
    #3. Fiber is good for your Colon.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottishpaladin View Post
    mate get real just cause u got a shit gearscore.
    Read. The. Thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teffi
    You play a game for 20+ hours a week and you're "an addict".
    You sit on your fat ass eating nachos and watching men in tight pants throw a ball around for 20+ hours a week and you're "a man".
    Sometimes, I just can't even:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx
    It's just an assertion, so it's neither logical nor illogical.

Is it because of Sulfuric's thread?

I need to re-iterate, that most Gearscore threads were about a situation where a Raid leader of a PuG misused it. That thread was nothing like it. It was looking at the mod from a different perspective in an attempt to get ignorant people who just say "GEARSCORE, FIRE BAD, AARGH" to think a little.

I disagree with a few of his points, and because it's a forum, it's my right to argue some of those points.
    Last edited by Caradinist; 2010-06-17 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account
    so many people miss the point of why GS topics/conversations dont work. They dont work because its a yes no situation, its a single number, which morons take to mean player A is better than player B, and thus there can be no discussion. You can discuss what your favourite quest is, which boss you found hardest in a raid, but everyone knows 6000 is higher than 5000, so therefore morons arguing and trying to flex over the internet about having a higher number derail a thread. Or even worse if that was the sole purpose of starting the thread.

Its like the idiots on Call of Duty who quote kill/death ratio all the time, as if it measures how good you actually are.

(not related to OP's post but general discussion here) Gearscore is useful if used by people with half a brain. For instance, running a raid say you ask for a specific number, then somebody asks if they can join slightly below. You should/would probably give them the benefit of the doubt, and it stops you from running the risk of a player joining who is WAY undergeared. The problem is you just get loads of idiots who walk around stating their gearscore, who then set ridiculous requirements for certain places because they want to clear the place in half a sec. Like people who ask for the equivalent of TOC gear for a naxx run. It's even worse than achievements in that respect because its totally unreasonable to have that on alts etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster
    Generally it is not the "hardcore" players whining about these changes, they are just enjoying the hard mode content etc and most of them couldn't give a rat's ass about who wears what kind of epic gear.

The whiners are usually little scrubs that want to sound "cool" to other little scrubs, so they claim they have cleared everyting and how "zomg easy" it was, while in reality they are usually still stuck on their blue/naxx10 geared characters, with no gems and enchants on their gear and no clue how to play their class.

15+ Year Old Account
    trolls gonna troll

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with GS. To get a GS of 5000+ in this game is absolutely laughable. If you cant be bothered to get over 5000 before you want into an ICC group you don't deserve to be there. It would be different if they were requiring 5500-5900 for ICC10 or 5200-5400 for VoA10, but no one is really doing that unless they are a clueless pug leader you don't want leading you anyways.
    Not really. A lot of people don't want to have to deal with "lower gearscore" people when raiding because there's a higher chance they either don't know what they're doing with their class or don't know what they're doing in ICC. The people that know what they're doing would rather smoothly sail through the content instead of having to carry someone or teach the current group how to do the encounter. If you run weekly pug raids, it's such a pain to have to retrain the same content over and over... it's easier just to grab people that are actually geared to win and have won before.

Set your raid's entry requirements high and you will get better performance in return. It's a no brainer.