Warrior tank HELP!!

Hello, I need help with trinket choice At the moment i got The Black Heart with stamina and armor chance on hit.... My second trinket is Bubbling Brightbrew Charm with 170+ Stamina....
    And the thing is i got Icks Rotting Thumb now and i dont know if i should replace something cuz i got very low HP 33k unbuffed so i maybe need the stamina or should i replace?
    IF i need to replace say which one to replace with plx I know about the bad typing but i dont give a damn.. / Warrior in desperate position

Skeleton Key from ICC Badges (60 emblems of frost ----- get them dailies going) and keep the black heart till you can get either the faction champs juggs' vit (toc25) or sindragosa25 (cruel claw ?)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugz View Post
    Skeleton Key from ICC Badges (60 emblems of frost ----- get them dailies going) and keep the black heart till you can get either the faction champs juggs' vit (toc25) or sindragosa25 (cruel claw ?)
    Pretty much that. Keep your 2 stam trinkets until you can replace with better stam trinkets. Icks is bad. Say no to Icks. (and this is a premature "no, you are dumb" to anyone who posts below saying "NO! MOR dodge trinkets so u take less damage" and mean it.)
    "And then, as though awoken from a blind stupor,the people of the internet realised that: no one gives a damn.
    And no damns were given." - Calon, MMO-Champion (source)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    ick's rotting thumb is one of the worst tanking trinkets this expansion. it's garbage. use it for gearscore nazis to get into groups, but put on a good trinket as soon as the gearscore check is done.

this goes for any dodge trinket. corpse tongue coin, ick's rotting thumb, eitrigg's oath, any of that shit. don't wear it.

Yep yep and yep. Keep the stam. You get plenty of mitigation from other gear.
    I definitely find that I like your face better, now that I've smashed it with my shield.

After a day of farming heroics, you will have enough emblems of triumph for http://www.wowhead.com/item=47735. Another fairly easy to get trinket is the quest reward from Onyxia's head http://www.wowhead.com/item=49487 which is a very good avoidance trinket. Even the Corpse Tongue is good for Saurfang. But Ick's Thumb and Eitrigg's Oath are both absolute garbage. Don't vendor them because you never know who wants that top GS, but don't use them for tanking anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    ick's rotting thumb is one of the worst tanking trinkets this expansion. it's garbage. use it for gearscore nazis to get into groups, but put on a good trinket as soon as the gearscore check is done.

this goes for any dodge trinket. corpse tongue coin, ick's rotting thumb, eitrigg's oath, any of that shit. don't wear it.
    Keep your avoidance trinkets in your bag. Most of the time you don't use them, but certain fights like Sauafang and Blood Queen avoidance is of greater benifit than stamina.

Sauafang: reduces the gain of blood power
    Blood Queen as MT (OT should stack stam): reduces the damage transfered to the OT

There was a discussion somewhere on elitistjerks about saurfang and avoidance tanks (with tests, etc). Apparently avoidance doesn't reduce the gain of blood power.

Quote Originally Posted by zerf View Post
    There was a discussion somewhere on elitistjerks about saurfang and avoidance tanks (with tests, etc). Apparently avoidance doesn't reduce the gain of blood power.
    !! I need a link to this info.

Edit: I looked about and yes, avoidance is only useful when your other tank DCs on you. I'll be keeping my avoidance for this "oh dear" moment. But if you're struggling to stay alive effective health is your friend (mix of armour and stam).
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2010-06-18 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth View Post
    Keep your avoidance trinkets in your bag. Most of the time you don't use them, but certain fights like Sauafang and Blood Queen avoidance is of greater benifit than stamina.

Sauafang: reduces the gain of blood power
    Blood Queen as MT (OT should stack stam): reduces the damage transfered to the OT
    Having the tanks swap when the rune of blood goes up is what prevents bloodpower. If for whatever reason your are still getting hit with rune of blood on you and ure offtank isn't taunting, blame him for his failure, not the fact that you were not stacking avoidance.

Stam if your best tool for surviving in most situations as more often then not in the really hard fights, the killer moves are not avoidable, you can only mitigate it thru armor/resistance and a higher health pool.