Warlock Mastery Bonuses

I wonder who also thinks this. I think they should swap the 2nd ones for demo and affliction. I see affliction as using haste more (ie spell stone) and demo using more crit chance (demo tactics/demo pact). Comments on this idea would be appreciated.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dunno. Affliction, with the new dot mechanics, is going to looooooooove haste. Giving them more of what they want will cause balance issues. However, giving them crit kind of defeats the purpose of gearing for crit, as you just get it through mastery instead. The design intent could be to stack Mastery/Haste, but I'm not sure what they intend.

R.I.P. YARG

I agree with the haste loving part and that they might of did it that way for balancing issues. And correct me if I am wrong, but the mastery on gear only effects the third part, where as the first two are only a certain amount after 51 talent points. Also I wish they would have came up with better third masterys, but I suppose (not sure) that since the masterys are + damage, + mastery will probably be better then +int/spell power point for point.

idk haste will prob still be the more ideal choice but in terms of pvp crit might be more attractive than ever becuase of the changes to resiliance(only acts as a dmg reduction from players in cata) and passives like dark intent that increases periodic crit

You may want to keep in mind that they are not happy with haste, and my guess is they are gonna tone it down some. Blizz feels some spell casters, with haste, are not giving melee the ability to respond whether it be with a heal, dispel, interrupt or whatever.

They are going to make the rate that haste rating gives you % haste by quite a bit, especially for a dot class like locks. Although the changes that haste will now add dots ticks instead of just being faster may be change enough.

The only reason I could see blizz doing it they way they do is because they see demo as the haste spec. The talent to increase your spellstone by 300% is a huge haste increase. Demo, besides destro, is the next closest to the bolt casting spec. Demo only has 2 instant dots, corruption and a curse. Then they must cast immolate, SB, Incinerate, and Soul Fire. So from a game play stand point you'd want those casts to be as quick as possible. From a dps standpoint haste might be better for afflicition but blizz is more focused on giving a better gameplay experience than a better dps spec.

Basically, think about playing demo with less haste than affliction. Your casts would be long and, IMO, the spec would be quite boring.

Idk if all this makes sense. I just woke up and I'm just now having my coffee. Yes, is 430pm. Crazy night.

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games

99.99% of my posts are done via iPhone. Expect typos as it likes to change my words and doesn't pick up on MMO lingo very well.