Deleted

Dodging Goo on Festergutt Heroic

My guild has recently been progressing in 25-man heroic festergutt, however I am having serious problems dodging the malable goo, seeing as my DBM gives me no warnings whatsoever and the goo always seems to be dropping on melee dps.
    Our tanks have enough threath, so they donot move away when the malable goo is being trown on the melee group, since it doesn't hurt them anyways.
    I am looking for an easy way to spot where the goo lands, or maybe even an addon which warns me when the goo is dropping close to me.

Any fellow melee care to share their ideas?

If you look closely, there's a GREEN spot that will show up where goo's inc. As far as melee issues, all the melee can stand at one foot, spot goo and move to the next foot
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

Deleted
    Very odd, that goo is quite easy to dodge. I usually have the OT who's not tanking Fester (aka /afk-ing) call out when Professor throws a goo. Considering there is a medium sized green puddle where it will land and its not a straight shot (it will bounce on the floor a few times before reaching its destination) it's quite easy to avoid. The only problem I've ever had with it, is that the range is more than most ppl seem to think, so make sure you're quite faaaar away.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's green pools on the ground where they'll spawn.

But here's how the melee handles the goo in our guild:
    They all start by stacking up on his right leg. When the goo warning sounds(often a raidleader will call it out aswell) they all move the to left leg, wheter goo would have hit melee or not, they all move. And again when the warning goes off, they all move back to the right leg.

Right leg - goo warning - left leg - goo warning - right leg. Easy.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Have all melee start out on the left foot.
    When Malleable goo is cast, shout at them to move to the right foot, regardless of whether goo is in melee.
    When it is cast again, have them move back to the left foot. Rinse and repeat.

This way, even if melee can't see the puddle they will move out of it. Easy.
    This.

Also, make sure melee isn't standing inside one of the feet. If they get targeted with goo, you won't be able to see the little green spot on the ground.

You could just turn your camera towards putricides platform though. It's not like there's alot of movement going on.

15+ Year Old Account
    The idea is that all the melee stack up on one of his feet. Everytimg a malleable goo comes out, regardless of if it's going for melee or not, you switch to the other foot. His hitbox is large enough that you can strafe back and forth across it and avoid the goo explosion.

Deleted
    thanks for all the replies so far, will definitely try out the foot strategy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    My guild has recently been progressing in 25-man heroic festergutt, however I am having serious problems dodging the malable goo, seeing as my DBM gives me no warnings whatsoever and the goo always seems to be dropping on melee dps.
    Our tanks have enough threath, so they donot move away when the malable goo is being trown on the melee group, since it doesn't hurt them anyways.
    I am looking for an easy way to spot where the goo lands, or maybe even an addon which warns me when the goo is dropping close to me.

Any fellow melee care to share their ideas?
    Turn off Projected Textures, and turn Particle Density all the way down. Centered runs pretty melee heavy and we had a hard time seeing the green spot on the ground. These two adjustments to the video interfacace made much easier to see the Geen spot. Then it's just a question on how smart your melee is.

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    thanks for all the replies so far, will definitely try out the foot strategy
    I second the foot strategy, but also the obvious, DBM! So many people don't run it and wonder why they get hit with crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    I second the foot strategy, but also the obvious, DBM! So many people run it and wonder why they get hit with crap.
    fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    avr o wait nvm
    foot strat works well

Turning particle density all the way down, but keeping projected textures on makes a big difference in the visibility of the green spot on the ground. Also, do as others have said and make the melee group on 1 spot, then either move each time or move when it's visible.

Deleted
    You can start out on his left foot, and then regardless of a goo falling in melee or not, you move to its right foot.. ohwait, it has bin said 32256346 times and people still find the need to repeat..

It should be easy to Dodge goo as there is Green markers on Floor showing where the Goo drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    Have all melee start out on the left foot.
    When Malleable goo is cast, shout at them to move to the right foot, regardless of whether goo is in melee.
    When it is cast again, have them move back to the left foot. Rinse and repeat.

This way, even if melee can't see the puddle they will move out of it. Easy.
    This. Festergut was WAY harder back when there was no indication of where the goo was going to land. You simply had to look up at Putricide the whole time and try and guess where the goo was going. The green spot on the ground makes it really easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

L2Stack on a fricken dime. Not hard. Stop trying to watch your gay class animations and you're in the clear.