when to replace NMIC

So i've been using nevermelting ice crystal for a while and rolling it with corruption on tank and spank fights where corruption doesn't fall off. But yesterday I picked up heroic muradin's spyglass and was wondering if its better than NMIC on a fight where you can keep corruption up 100%? If not, what trinkets are good enough to replace NMIC with?

I won't lie, I'm violently surprised how good that trinket is for an afflic lock. However, 264 spyglass is better. 264 spyglass is basically better than everything that's not DFO or Phylactery of the Nameless Lich for any caster with a dot (meaning every caster that's not an Arcane mage).
    Last edited by Nefarious Tea; 2010-06-18 at 02:37 AM.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

I probably used that trinket 6 times total. Too annoying to be worth it, imo. Full time spyglass.

IIRC, NMIC is BiS for affliction if you can keep corruption from falling off.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoe View Post
    IIRC, NMIC is BiS for affliction if you can keep corruption from falling off.
    Yea, i remember reading this. I was just hoping someone could confirm/deny this or even better, provide math to support it. Basically with NMIC you get 17% more crit to corruption, where as with H-spyglass you get 89sp more and 3% more crit to all spell. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by jman101; 2010-06-18 at 05:26 AM. Reason: clarification

Math says that NMIC + DFO > all until heroic phylac. If you can keep rolling corruption perfectly. So yes, NMIC > H Murdain's on little movement/adds fights.

Signature by Resentful - Bleeding Corruption

Quote Originally Posted by jman101 View Post
    Basically with NMIC you get 17% more crit to corruption
    Where'd you get 17%?

Anyways, like mentioned, if you can roll it, then you'll have it until 2x 277 trinkets.

BTW...I lost 277 DFO last night.

Sad panda.

The kicker, I took the 277 boots from Festergut RIGHT before (Rotty was a 1-shot), and a priest had passed them to me. Had he not, I would have won the trinket.

Please Explain

Can someone please explain why the Nevermelting Ice Crystal is so good? I'm an Affliction Warlock and I have 3 trinkets to choose from.

Trinket 1: Heroic Muradin's Spyglass
    Trinket 2: Choice between NMIC or Sliver of Pure Ice.

I understand that the SoPI is a healer trinket, but why is the NMIC so good? When should I use its cooldown? Before I cast corruption? I can't find a good detailed explanation anywhere. My other trinket is the Heroic Spyglass which I just picked up this week and it's clearly amazing.

So please, a detailed explanation on why NMIC > SoPI. Also any links to explanations would also be great. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ammo187; 2010-06-18 at 03:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you cast Corruption with the full 900+ crit rating (20%), your Corruption has +20% Crit for as long as you keep it refreshed via Shadow Bolt, Haunt, and Drain Soul. Using this trinket it is possible to have a Corruption with 85% Crit while your main spells have only 55 or so.

See the Link Compilation stickied at the top of the forum (bottom of the stickies I believe).

---------- Post added 06-18-2010 at 09:03 AM ----------

Also, another agreement that NMIC + DFO > Phylactery > Muradins is BIS until heroic Phylactery, in which case normal DFO + H Phylactery win out by a small margin.

However if you're like me and have the random overwriting of Corruption because you fail (sigh), then the gap is much wider.

R.I.P. YARG

You don't, NMIC replaces you

What do you guys think about the new haste trinket off of Halion? Will that passive haste be enough to make it and DFO BiS?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackSun View Post
    What do you guys think about the new haste trinket off of Halion? Will that passive haste be enough to make it and DFO BiS?
    This has been covered, but very very scarcely. For affliction, 277 DFO and 284 Charred Twilight Scale will be your best in slot trinkets. (props to gherkin for the math)

Quote Originally Posted by Struggle View Post
    This has been covered, but very very scarcely. For affliction, 277 DFO and 284 Charred Twilight Scale will be your best in slot trinkets. (props to gherkin for the math)
    Regarding halion, when will she get released? I've been off wow ever since we raped LK.. which is quite some months ago..

Pretty soon, there was speculation the patch would be this week...but obviously it wasn't. The ICC buff goes up to 25% soon too, so they might release both at the same time (not that it effects Ruby Sanctum), but I'd guess a week or two.

15+ Year Old Account
    25% patch should go live next week (June 22)
    3.3.5 should go live at the same time (Gnomeregan/Isles update)
    Halion should be enabled either July 6th or 20th, with my money being on the 20th (same time as 30% buff)

R.I.P. YARG

Like most people said, the nmic is BiS until you have both heroic trinkets for an aff lock. When you do have these trinkets, the difference is marginal on rollable encounters. The heroic spyglass is nice though. If you think rolling corruption is too tedious and you don't do heroic content on 25 man yet I'd go for it.

Personally I swap my nmic out only on a few fights, sindra for example.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

I currently have regular DFO, regular phyactery, and NMIC. and im torn on which 2 to use.

Quote Originally Posted by moakler View Post
    I currently have regular DFO, regular phyactery, and NMIC. and im torn on which 2 to use.
    If you can keep the rolling crit up, go with NMIC, if not go with phylactery.

http://wowmb.net/forums/f104/38891-t...ers_all_specs/

Or head here for a listing of trinkets for each spec based on DPS.

NMIC is 4th/5th (depending on gear) for afflic behind DFO/H DFO and Phylac/H Phylac, as has been said. (assuming you can keep it rolling)
    Last edited by Ronnin; 2010-06-18 at 08:08 PM.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Ronnin

I don't find it too challenging to roll the crit on this. With a three minute timer, even on fights where I lose it for a moment, I get it back in time to re-apply.

I also used this on a shadow priest, where it is dramatically worse (but not bad). Priests roll a dot, but ours is unaffected by haste. With how bread-and-butter corruption is for us, this trinket is WAY overbudget.