The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

What hapend to 2vs2 ?

So i had a break of like 3 month from arena and now im trying to come back by doing whats the easyest 2s since a 3s, 5s will get a little to complicate with the raiding programs mostly if 2-3 of us raid so 2s is my way to go.
    Im playing Hpala ( gear from last season meaning 2 fury 3 rele 2 rele off and 2 wrath off + pve gear from ICC 25 and a wrath shield ).
    Im playing with an arms warr ( the guy is skilled no doubt he also knows wtf to do against any class he has a glad main ffs ). Hes gear is mostly like mine but he dosent have 1.8k weapon.

I thought itl be easy to get to 1.8-1.9k cuz it was easy last season when i played with a freakin ele shmay and than dk
    But we only face wrathfull geard ppl........ o.o ( we are at 1.5k atm or so )
    Its realy anoying since most fight are vs he same combo or vs druid + dps so nethir of us go oom
    Alas I usualy manage to oom the other healer and we win but 30 min to win................

Im realy worried since those guy arent good ...... you cant say they did 3s or 5s realy hard til now and they wana try some 2s theyr shit... they are hpala that can actualy go oom I never understood how can that hapen when ur faceing mirror i never ran oom and rdruid staying in tree form all the time... the problem is theyr mostly wrath/rele geard and proly gemin resilience so it takes a shit load of time to down em :/

Comes without saying that i got bored and disgusted how those awfull ppl can get gear and quite for the moment..
    But my question is where do you think all those awfull player with good gear come from ?

If they are gemmin resil kill their partner. I mean i dont gem it but no one can kill me my partner jus dies all the time i know im bad so in b4

Quote Originally Posted by Adysux View Post
    they are hpala that can actualy go oom
    Hehe, I saw some of that shit as well.
    I have the same situation on my battlegroup, 2vs2 is full of wrathful teams (including level 277 weapons) from... hmm... 1.6k rating already. Getting to 1.8k rating after a break that lasted for over two seasons was long, frustrating and boring. Well, I had some hateful piece when we started, haha. Getting level 264 PvE weapons for my partner speeded things up. I play holy paladin / enhancement shaman setup.

2vs2 has become the boosting bracket, with no mount/title reward the good pvpers use it to make some gold.
    Leveling a new team can be frustrating becouse of this however it's not hard nor impossible to reach 1800.
    If you have mostly long game you're doing something wrong. I'm boosting a friend warrior to 1800 (playing holy P myself) and our game don't last more then 5-10min except mirrors. How are you specced? do you play aggressive (ye sounds dumb with a pala) often Hoj+Torrent and pumping some damage on to the opponent with your warrior can make you kill someone in a switch (hint: druid w/o hot).

edit: and if you find a full wrathful +277 weapon at 1500-1800 probably his partner is your target choice
    Last edited by Krazen; 2010-06-18 at 09:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollow_Sorrow
    sugoi monogatari, onii-chan!~

The reason people are able to obtain these wrathful gears is because they run 5s. Although this might contradict what you said at the beginning, it is really easy for someone to get carried through 5s.
    For example, an arms warrior can just go in, charge the target they have chosen, ms, and bladestorm. This might need some coordination and shit, but in the end, he could be this bad warrior who only knows how to press those 3 buttons.

And for some advice to win those matches: Usually those idiots just tunnel the healers ass like no tomorrow. Take this into your advantage, focus Hoj the healer and take the deeps behind a pilar (and for some reason he doesn't follow, you are able to get some good heals on your self and reset). At that point, its all up the warrior to take the deeps down. If the deeps is really getting low on HP too, what you can do is through judge, holy shock, hammer of wrath and it should be fine.
    Hope this helps and good luck.
    Last edited by Althair; 2010-06-18 at 10:15 AM.

How many games have you played?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazen View Post
    2vs2 has become the boosting bracket, with no mount/title reward the good pvpers use it to make some gold.
    Leveling a new team can be frustrating becouse of this however it's not hard nor impossible to reach 1800.
    If you have mostly long game you're doing something wrong. I'm boosting a friend warrior to 1800 (playing holy P myself) and our game don't last more then 5-10min except mirrors. How are you specced? do you play aggressive (ye sounds dumb with a pala) often Hoj+Torrent and pumping some damage on to the opponent with your warrior can make you kill someone in a switch (hint: druid w/o hot).

edit: and if you find a full wrathful +277 weapon at 1500-1800 probably his partner is your target choice
    Sadly it's not always furious baddies getting carried by wrathful buddies, not even often in my experience. Some people do just play 2vs2 for the lols after obtaining BiS gear from other brackets, altho I would be ashamed to sit on their 2vs2 ratings with their gear and team composition.

Meeting some real boosting team is actually fun: you see such full wrathful rogues doing everything by themsevles, they would even heal and manaburn if they could, while their healers hang around.