Deleted

Question about Spirit Tap

Spirit Tap and Improved Spirit Tap.
    How does Spirit Tap work, if you are in a party and you are lvl 80? Does it work only if you solo kill mobs/other players? It proc when you get exp or honor but after you reach lvl 80 there is no experience for killing mobs in dungeons/raids.
    If someone else from your group kill mob or opposite player, will you still get mana reg from Spirit Tap? Or is it enough, if you put one single Dot on your target and then you don't care who is gonna kill him/her?
    So, is this talent wortht to have it after you finish with leveling? For Pve and/or for PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TehFurbolg View Post
    It also proccs if the target would give exp/honor. And it only proccs if you got the killing blow.

Whether it's worth to put points in at max level, i don't know due to not having a priest.

(I'm german, are there any grammar mistakes in this post? Simply for checking. )
    I is always with a capital I in english. I can't see any other mistakes, but i'm dutch, so I'm not sure that there arn't any other mistakes.

OT.
    For pvp i don't think its needed, you should have enough mana to take them done before you are oom. For PvE I do use it, but my priest is just an alt, so I don't know if that is neccesary.

Only if you get the Killing Blow on the target.

In level 80 any mob thats not grey and gives exp to level 79 counts.

You wont get the spirit tap if someone else get the killing blow.

Ofc its worth for leveling. 80 PvP not rly if your not holy dps speced.
    Cause spriest gear in pvp doesnt have spirit at all=)
    Nani? *Shocked* Hohhe?

Killing blow is the key there. As a talent, its definitely worth it for leveling since you'll quite often get the killing blow (and if you're questing with a friend or whatever you can try and work it so you get the killing blow or send your friend off to the next mob already ). Its not the best talent at 80 and for PvP you can probably cut it out in favor of picking up Imp Psychic Scream and Silence, but for a PvE spriest it is still a damage increasing talent no matter how small it may be. You won't often get the killing blow on things in raids (and it would only matter on trash really anyway) but Improved Spirit Tap is the big one here and this is why its worth picking up. Your crits from SWeath, MB and MF increase your total spirit by 10% which is then boosted by Glyph of Shadow. Not great, but DPS-improving talents are better than those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharmabhum View Post
    Improved Spirit Tap is the big one here and this is why its worth picking up. Your crits from SWeath, MB and MF increase your total spirit by 10% which is then boosted by Glyph of Shadow. Not great, but DPS-improving talents are better than those that don't.
    It's also boosted by Twisted Faith, so potentially you could see 50% of your spirit converted temporarily to SP. And yes, DPS-improving talents are generally better than those that don't - but let's take a moment to see just what we actually get from these points spent in IST.

Of course, the actual SP gain from these 5 invested points, when it procs, is only gained from the additional 10% spirit. So you're seeing a maximum effective benefit of 50% (TF + GoS) of 10% (IST) of your spirit, or 5% of your spirit. In shadow gear - which in late game, especially, is mostly devoid of spirit - I run at about 500 spirit raid buffed. That means that those 5 points invested give me about 25 SP when IST and GoF are up simultaneously.

Looking at a couple of parses from single target fights w/ little movement / downtime, IST maintained uptime of 60-65% and GoS 85-95%. Taking the top threshold, that means 65% of the time I had an extra 10 SP (20% from TF x 10% from IST x 500 spirit = 10) making its solo contribution 6.5 SP on average. Even if we assumed that all of IST's uptime coincided with that of GoS, that's 65% of the time that I get an additional 15 SP (30% from GoS x 10% from IST x 500 spirit = 15), for another average 9.75 SP. Add those together and those 5 talent points earn me a whopping average of 16.25 SP, or 3.25 SP per talent point invested. And let's not forget that that makes the forgiving assumption that GoS is always up up when IST is up.

This talent scales with gear, but not in a good way. The SP/DPS boost of these talents actually drops as you gear up and towards the more optimal crit/haste gear foregoing spirit. SP is SP, but considering the actual (and steadily diminishing) return on investment from IST, other utility talents merit consideration.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic