Leveling -> shaman

Okay ive been going around the forum looking for guides some are telling me [Ele] is the way to go no down timer or anything and than there's [Enh] and its telling me that this is the best and no down time at all -.- Witch one of these are the fastest to lvl and what herilooms should i take. ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Get the 2h axe and level as enhancement. Not only is it completely OP, but its fun as hell lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakesblood View Post
    Okay ive been going around the forum looking for guides some are telling me [Ele] is the way to go no down timer or anything and than there's [Enh] and its telling me that this is the best and no down time at all -.- Witch one of these are the fastest to lvl and what herilooms should i take. ?
    It is hard to say. Enh definitely has very small to 0 down time. However I did level during TBC a second shaman as Ele and with water shield, which you get at 20 downtime is not bad at all either (and at higher levels with lightning overload, firing LBs like a machine gun can be fun).

However - at higher levels (after you get wolves), it is much easier to solo even 3 man group quests using wolves + earth/fire ele totem + bloodlust.

In the end, the play style you like will matter more. I think at medium levels (post 40ish - pre 60ish) it might be harder to get good gear as elem though as I do not remember any good mail existing. At the same time, enh is quite a bit weapon damage dependant.

From a heirloom point of view, elem would be easier - you need a staff and some shoulders. I don't remember if there are any good main hand heirlooms for a shaman. And before you get dual wield, you will need a 2H weapon, which kinda screws up your heirloom needs also as enh.

ENH seems to be the quickest way to level, but ELE is fun too with more downtime. Personally, I like being a caster more than a melee, so I level with ELE. All about choices and what you like as far as play style.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveld as enhance, but I keep thiking that elemental would be faster. They have ranged attacks. You can get to the mob a crap ton faster than an enhance shaman can. I just think there are times when an elemental shaman can stand stil and just target mobs and burst them down one by one without moving an inch. Enhance cannot, eiter have to wait for the mob to come to us, or go to it.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

I levelled as elemental and I found it very powerful, actually. Mana was only a problem at lower levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceshuttle View Post
    I leveld as enhance, but I keep thiking that elemental would be faster. They have ranged attacks. You can get to the mob a crap ton faster than an enhance shaman can. I just think there are times when an elemental shaman can stand stil and just target mobs and burst them down one by one without moving an inch. Enhance cannot, eiter have to wait for the mob to come to us, or go to it.
    Odds are that isn't as big of an issue with mounts as soon as you want them, now. A lot of areas don't really require an excessive amount of distance between mobs.

I personally leveled ele, and was unhappy with the downtime(not that there was much, but I'd leveled a dk right before my shaman, and went from 0 downtime to a little downtime in the mix). I'd probably go enh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Thank you all for your answers i'm gona try Elemental ^^

Well. The first 40 lvls as enhance, you need to use lightning bolt anyway.
    I'm a mage. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snakesblood View Post
    Thank you all for your answers i'm gona try Elemental ^^
    If you're going elemental, try to snag the heirloom trinkets that restore 2% mana (each) on every kill. That should alleviate most of the mana issues. Also, remember that in the first 1-20~ ish levels, it is completely acceptable to cast until it gets into range and then beat it with a mace enchanted with fire!

Enhancement, elemental sucks until lava burst. Plus water shield is nice, but not nice enough to keep up with straight casting.

Basically, until level 40 Elemental is the choice... once you get access to dual wield though, Enhance becomes a very attractive option.

Then when you finally get Lava Burst, Ele becomes a beast again.
    This signiture is brought to you by the letters F and U, and the number 2.

"I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role."

The positive thing about elemental is that you also can heal in instances without any problems.

im actually leveling a shaman right now and, those 500 crits i do at level 25 as ele sure suck, i drop stuff before they ever come close to me, and im pretty much always at 90 - 100% mana hail heirloom trinkies !

What hierloom weapon do you guys suggest I get for my ELEMENTAL shaman that im leveling?