Thread: Im Confused

Im Confused

Okay now I have a question, my mage is naryn if you need to see the gear go on wow-heroes
    This says I have Abracadaver (251)but I also have Nibelung (264).

I am trying to work out why, when I am using Nibelung my haste is 976, my Arcane Blast takes 1.63 seconds, Just to try something I changed to my Abracadaver and my haste is 1095, but my Arcane Blast is 1.77 seconds.

Trying to work out why, I know over 1000 haste is not optimal but it shouldn't increase the cast time (just so you know I do use Niblung I just wanted to see the dps increase)

nope i took off any buff i had and just moused over the spells

15+ Year Old Account
    wait....over 1000 haste isn't optimal? for arcane? are we living in bizzaro world now?
    BfA Beta Time

nope it isn't because during BL / Heroism /Potion of Speed Arcane Blast goes under 1 second and suffers from GCD

Sense, this thread makes none.

More haste = faster cast.

You're missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Naryn View Post
    nope it isn't because during BL / Heroism /Potion of Speed Arcane Blast goes under 1 second and suffers from GCD
    Delay your Potion of speed for when other speed buffs arent up.
    Last edited by Laadeeda; 2010-06-18 at 02:37 PM.
    Mannoroth-US
    Deedalee - 85 Fire Mage
    All of my alts are dead.

15+ Year Old Account
    you are actually incorrect sir. blood lust+potion of speed+netherwind presence+wrath of air totem+2 piece t10+swift retribution=92.366% haste. arcane blast GCD cap= 150% haste, so you can see you're math is off and you're not near cap with those things up, and 1000 haste only gets you to 143% haste, which is a 1.028 second arcane blast.

what it sounds like to me is that you need to learn to stagger your cooldowns and use a potion of wild magic instead of haste.
    BfA Beta Time

Either way im not talking about in combat all I know is that when I am using Nibelung my cast rate is 1.63 seconds, with the non heroic version of Abracadaver it is 1.77. This is without any buffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    good segway.
    BfA Beta Time

100g says you have it backwards.

just a possibility
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

yeah stats dont lie...

Press in dire situations http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tassir View Post
    100g says you have it backwards.

just a possibility
    I second this, and also toss in my own 100g.

he doesnt have it backward, but the nibelung posted speed is with the 12% t10 haste benefit and netherwind presence, and the slower speed is with netherwind presence only with the higher haste value.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sidphoenix View Post
    he doesnt have it backward, but the nibelung posted speed is with the 12% t10 haste benefit and netherwind presence, and the slower speed is with netherwind presence only with the higher haste value.
    that's still pretty bass ackwards.
    BfA Beta Time