Poll: Which class is least gear depended in pvp?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Least gear depended class?

Which class is the least gear depended class in pvp? bg/arena/duels

Explain your choice
    Last edited by Yodma; 2010-06-18 at 03:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    any healer with a large chunk of mana...according to my guild...They'll reconsider that statement when they'll be one shotted because of lack of resi tho...
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Deleted
    i think druid, i tanked a couple melee classes in full deadly gear... wrathfull season,

wow, so wrong. priest is the MOST resilience dependent class out there
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Deleted
    i pitty those that voted priest...

mages are the least gear dependant class and then paladins

Quote Originally Posted by xTheShame View Post
    I voted warrior, because you dont need gear to faceroll.
    What? Warrior is the most gear dependent class in the game! Take any other class and hand them both weapons and that's it, warrior will get face-rolled every time in duels. Really, show me a match up and I'll show you how the warrior gets pwnd every time. Take Pve and do the same, they will still be lowest on whatever meter you look at, except maybe dmg taken! lol

I know most of that will be because of the rage mechanic failing without gear, but that makes them dependent on gear, so it fits the narrative.

shaman, zith good healer they won't die and their dmg is insane even with low gear.

mages receive a large amount of their survivability through talents/glyphs (blink, ice barrier, ice block). They also receive larger damage gains through talents (shatter, water elemental). They can do without spellpower and resilience much better than other classes.

Druid. Can still roll heals, travel form, cc. Tree form gives the armor boost without gear, you lose that when you get more gear. All clothies, even mages die in 2 bites. Melee isn't much better.

I'd also say rogues. Don't need gear to stunlock.

lol people voted paladin, probably those people with 0 resil that get killed by a wrathful paladin and then cry about it.

Mage, because the amount you can control is limited just by your skill.

Can't believe rogue is so high, just hit mine 80 and am in a mix of T9ish gear and when I enter a BG I am always dead almost instantly. And cannot push enough damage to kill in a stunlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    holy crap, i don't give a shit if europeans made a toaster that gave awesome hand jobs while making delicious toast, that shit has nothing to do with a god damn video game about midgets and dragons.

i agree with mage, not to say gear doesn't make a huge difference since it does in ease of killing. but a lot of the defense isn't passive, its mostly reacting/dodging/kiting(movement).

i think most melee's including rogues(other than ganking rogues) are more gear dependent. the amount of damage you can do in a stunlock can make a huge difference between geared and nongeared, as well as openers, along with fighting other melee's where there is no real avoiding getting hit often.

most healers need resilience or they go down very fast.

Melee need weapons. Healers need decent gear as well. Casters are probably the least gear dependent, and Mages have the most CC/roots/ect. So Mages.

Lol no. Warriors are the MOST gear dependant... icwutudidthar

Shaman /cast heroism -> LoS

not 100% sure how u possible came to that conclusion, without gear warriors cant do shit just for the fact that they can gain no rage, swifty did a vid explaining this and it showed with low gear you get 15 rage per white swing and nearly 25 rage per white swing with the better gear. So if a warrior has low gear he will be rage starved all the time and be able to do fuck all.

A holy paladin is one of the class/specs i find less geared dependant, since most of our abilities dont scale much with gear, and our heals have good base amount healed. Just test it on naked duels, and you'll win to most classes. Mostly holy pvp gear is just good because of the resillience, stamina and big mana pools, not adding that huge difference when it comes to naked fights.
    Last edited by Madness20; 2010-06-19 at 03:11 PM.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    -Mage first
    -Paladin second
    -Hunter third

Hunter since you can kill ALOT if you have excellent skill
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Druid. Can still roll heals, travel form, cc. Tree form gives the armor boost without gear, you lose that when you get more gear. All clothies, even mages die in 2 bites. Melee isn't much better.

I'd also say rogues. Don't need gear to stunlock.
    Doesn't kill shit without gear either.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted DK because I did 4k dps in heroics just a few hours after I dinged lvl 80 (full blue, with a few green items)

That was some time before of the "Call of the Crusade" patch = no dungeonfinder + 5% buff.

My experiences as a DK is very much 'Skill > Gear' (not saying that other classes aren't like this)

Edit: forget what I said. I didn't see the "PvP" thing >_<

*hides in corner of shame*
    Last edited by hermansen; 2010-06-19 at 10:36 PM.