1. #1

    Holy glyphs for H LK 25

    Hello everyone~ I'm trying to smooth out the lumps as much as I can in our raid's collective healing efforts, so I'm hoping to get some suggestions on the optimal raiding glyphs would be for a holy priest primarily raid healing specifically on the 25-man H LK fight. I'm pretty much assuming GS and CoH are givens (though correct me if I'm wrong), but am hesitant about Renew (since it dramatically cuts down the number of people you can have it rolling on).

    Our current healing roster for this fight includes

    Disc priest x1 (me)
    Resto druid x2
    Holy priest x1 (2 different priests depending on night, both using Renew)
    Resto shaman
    Holy paladin x1 (sadly an alt - wtb experienced, geared holy pally!)

    Would holy priests be more effective / efficient dropping their Renew glyph in favor of another (I'd assume PoH to be the likely candidate)?

    Any suggestions - especially by those with experience in this fight as holy - would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by Bigslick; 2010-06-18 at 04:54 PM. Reason: corrected healing roster
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  2. #2
    if you use 7 healers; he could be glyphless >_<

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorondil View Post
    if you use 7 healers; he could be glyphless >_<
    QFT.

    Why not have him go disc and have double disc and keep the entire raid shielded the entire fight? (Since you know, with multiple resto druids, renew spam holy starts to fail dramatically)

  4. #4
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    647
    you want 3 disc priests . yes shielding is so important in that fight because u cant allow anyone to get infest debuff because it becomes to hard to heal through from 1st tick.

    your also running to many healers 7 is to many and you wont make enrage timer on h lk 25.

    you should bring 5 heals but you could get away with 6 heals if dps is really good.

    you should be disc there is no reason to be holy your all about getting shields on the entire raid before infest goes out.

    i would go with renew since you will want that for inside of frostmourne of p3 but all healing priests should be disc.

    disc priests are not a maybe or you could get away with it. 2-3 are mandatory and 6 healers max is mandatory.
    Last edited by sluggs; 2010-06-18 at 04:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Ugh.. I was writing from recollection (we shuffle some people around night to night) - it's only 6, 2 shaman rotate w/ each other).
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    647
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Ugh.. I was writing from recollection (we shuffle some people around night to night) - it's only 6, 2 shaman rotate w/ each other).
    yes but with only 1 disc priest you wont be able to kill him due to infest damage.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    you want 3 disc priests . yes shielding is so important in that fight because u cant allow anyone to get infest debuff because it becomes to hard to heal through from 1st tick.

    your also running to many healers 7 is to many and you wont make enrage timer on h lk 25.

    you should bring 5 heals but you could get away with 6 heals if dps is really good.

    you should be disc there is no reason to be holy your all about getting shields on the entire raid before infest goes out.

    i would go with renew since you will want that for inside of frostmourne of p3 but all healing priests should be disc.

    disc priests are not a maybe or you could get away with it. 2-3 are mandatory and 6 healers max is mandatory.
    3 disc priests would, imo, be overly redundant. I'm pretty sure we'll be running with 2 (we've tried it both ways and 2 was smoother, though we're back at 1 for the moment). Valks picking up a sole disc priest creates an issue only salvagable through aura mastery / raid sac / divine hymns, but 2 provides a reasonable safety buffer. A 3rd creates more bubble clashing and reduces effective direct healing output.

    The 7th healer was an error - we ran with 6. If we had 2 solid holy pallies (or even 1 really solid holy pally) instead of an alt filling that role, we might try 5.

    I have no intention of switching to holy for this fight. My inquiry was just aiming to see if the glyph selection of our holy priest might not be optimal - though I have no experience whatsoever in P3 yet, so that input definitely helps for consideration.
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    3 disc priests would, imo, be overly redundant. I'm pretty sure we'll be running with 2 (we've tried it both ways and 2 was smoother, though we're back at 1 for the moment). Valks picking up a sole disc priest creates an issue only salvagable through aura mastery / raid sac / divine hymns, but 2 provides a reasonable safety buffer. A 3rd creates more bubble clashing and reduces effective direct healing output.

    The 7th healer was an error - we ran with 6. If we had 2 solid holy pallies (or even 1 really solid holy pally) instead of an alt filling that role, we might try 5.

    I have no intention of switching to holy for this fight. My inquiry was just aiming to see if the glyph selection of our holy priest might not be optimal - though I have no experience whatsoever in P3 yet, so that input definitely helps for consideration.
    Three is 'necessary' in case a Valk picks up a disc priest. Two is needed to keep the entire raid shielded constantly. If one gets picked up, there will be people getting the infest debuff.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Hello everyone~ I'm trying to smooth out the lumps...
    You had me here.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sluggs View Post
    yes but with only 1 disc priest you wont be able to kill him due to infest damage.
    It's been done before with lower levels of the zone buff, so "won't" doesn't necessarily fit. Infest management hasn't been an insurmountable issue through P1 and early P2. But to your earlier point, I expect that we will likely have our other priest go disc just for the extra insurance (plus we run "light" on pallies so don't have aura masteries to throw out every infest).
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  11. #11
    3 is absolutely not necessary... You bring 1, or 2 to be 'safe' and if both are picked up you simply tell the other healers they need to handle an Infest, which is not an issue... at all. 3 is painfully redundant. We do it with 1 Disc Priest. It's really, really amusing that anyone would claim that 3 is required... even the world first only used 1. They had 3 Priests, 1 Holy, 1 Disc, 1 Shadow.

    People are also waaaay too concerned about his Enrage these days. It was tight with 6 healers at 10%, but uh... yeah, the buff is 20% now. You could probably 7-8 heal it. It would make it harder, but not because of the enrage.

    Anyway! In regard to the glyphs... standard is just fine. GS, CoH and PoH. PoH is timed with Infest anyway, so it winds up being plenty useful.

  12. #12
    Before this thread derails further...

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    so I'm hoping to get some suggestions on the optimal raiding glyphs would be for a holy priest primarily raid healing specifically on the 25-man H LK fight. I'm pretty much assuming GS and CoH are givens (though correct me if I'm wrong), but am hesitant about Renew (since it dramatically cuts down the number of people you can have it rolling on).

    Would holy priests be more effective / efficient dropping their Renew glyph in favor of another (I'd assume PoH to be the likely candidate)?

    Any suggestions - especially by those with experience in this fight as holy - would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm bumping a selection from my original post in the hopes of getting a response to the question I originally asked regarding the best glyph options for a raid-focused holy priest on H LK 25. The other information from that post regarding group makeup was provided to offer a picture of our current healing synergy.

    Other comments regarding "you need 2, no 3, no 20 disc priests to complete this" with thoughts behind them are not unwelcome, but I have an inkling of how to play disc already having been main spec PVE disc since late BC, and am aware of the role it plays on this encounter - and the extra layers to the security blanket against infest that can be added by additional disc priest(s) included in the roster.

    But after you reply with off-topic comments, please consider addressing the original request


    Edit:

    Quote Originally Posted by harky View Post
    Anyway! In regard to the glyphs... standard is just fine. GS, CoH and PoH. PoH is timed with Infest anyway, so it winds up being plenty useful.
    Thanks for the reply. So would you say that the renew glyph is a 'bad' choice in comparison, or is it also fine?
    Bigslick (1/7 Mythic) Lethal-Thunderhorn US
    "Those who deny respect for others deserve it not for themselves."

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Before this thread derails further...



    I'm bumping a selection from my original post in the hopes of getting a response to the question I originally asked regarding the best glyph options for a raid-focused holy priest on H LK 25. The other information from that post regarding group makeup was provided to offer a picture of our current healing synergy.

    Other comments regarding "you need 2, no 3, no 20 disc priests to complete this" with thoughts behind them are not unwelcome, but I have an inkling of how to play disc already having been main spec PVE disc since late BC, and am aware of the role it plays on this encounter - and the extra layers to the security blanket against infest that can be added by additional disc priest(s) included in the roster.

    But after you reply with off-topic comments, please consider addressing the original request
    Renew is more than competent. You have resto druids, tell them to do their mind-numbing job and leave the holy priest to do his/hers.

    Edit: With resto druids keeping rejuv + wg on most of the raid, and holy priests trying to be a resto druid all in the same raid, there's a lot of healing potential that gets lost. Hot spamming is a powerful way to heal, but it is not necessary for half of your healers to do it. Someone has to be there to do a lot of direct healing if shit hits the fan or a disc gets picked up. The renew glyph helps in this matter. Its lower overall hps but higher hps on the individual, which in my opinion, is more important than simply spamming renew on as many people as possible.

    Second edit: I should say that I do not use glyph of GS for most of the heroic encounters. We have always had plenty of tank cd's to keep them up and I'm personally not comfortable using it as merely an hps increase when I may end up needing it seconds after I used it. I use Renew, CoH, and PoH.
    Last edited by Rystastic; 2010-06-18 at 05:32 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    Thanks for the reply. So would you say that the renew glyph is a 'bad' choice in comparison, or is it also fine?
    Yes. The Renew glyph is bad in general and LK25H isn't an exception. There's really no reason to use it outside of 10 mans and even then it has extremely limited use.

  15. #15
    A few things:

    1. Only use one disc priest, any more and bubbles will be wasted. If he gets picked by Valks he calls it and other healers cover infest if bubbles arn't up, or a shadow/holy priest Hymns.
    2. Use only 5/6 healers, any more and you won't beat the enrage. (We used 5)
    3. Resto Druids are horrible for the fight, if you can swap them for anyone else do so.
    4. Never use renew, basically the idea with infest is that your disc will cover groups 3-5, and you will have to burst heal 1-2, as well as help take care of anyone that had a broken shield due to other things, eg, valks, defile.
    5. As for Glyphs, i'd go with GS, POH and maybe COH
    6. Also trust me, you'll need all the CD's you can get on the tank to keep him alive
    Last edited by Weena2; 2010-06-18 at 10:15 PM.

  16. #16
    We're running 1x disc, 1x holy, 1x resto shaman, 2x holy pal. I'm the holy priest.

    I use GS, CoH and FH glyphs for LK. GS and CoH are no brainers. I take FH because I cast it a lot and actually struggle for mana on this fight. PoH glyph is meh in my opinion, if infest sticks on people after they get hit with PoH, the hot from the glyph won't really change anything about it.

    Renew glyph isn't good for the same reasons it isn't good on other fights : You cast it most during transitions and frostmourne room, both of these phases are basically like aura fights from a healing PoV. So you want renew on as many people as possible.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •