Thread: Bio - Remnas

Bio - Remnas

Name: Remnas
    Full Name: Unknown

Race: Blood Elf (formerly High Elf)
    Height: 6'6"
    Class: Templar (formerly of the Silver Hand)

Appearance: Tall, for a blood elf. Aged, but still possessing a toned body. He lets his hair grow, though keeps it from going past his shoulders. He wears long plated robes, armor that seemed to have been crafted for him personally. He carries an old sword on his back, a remnant of an old war.

Personality: On first glance, cold. He walks and acts like a man who has seen a lot in his life, some of which he would rather forget. He is wary of others, often times not trusting what someone whom he doesn't know says. On rare occasions, he does open up to those who he knows well, and that he believes can be trusted. However, his paranoia prevents this from being a common occurrence.

Strengths: Very intelligent. Prefers to find non violent solutions, but is a fury in combat.
    Weakness: Paranoid. He doesn’t open to people. On rare occasions in a fight, he will seem to lose his sanity (Much more common when he would face the Scourge)

Bio:

Born to a family living in Silvermoon, the man known as Remnas was a curious and outgoing child. Born three weeks early to a merchant named Elion and his wife Aetheria, Remnas was considered a blessing: This was the first child of the family, and it had been a long and hard time. When he was only a week old his mother, her health failing from the sudden birthing, passed away, leaving only his father to care for the child. Because of this, his father, protective as he was, would not allow the boy to travel beyond eyesight of the city. To help alleviate his curiosity, the boy would wander the streets of the great city, hoping to meet any traveler would be willing to tell him of the world. One day, when he turned 87, still young by elf years, a large caravan from Lordaeron came, bringing with it members of the Knights of the Silver Hand. Remnas followed them throughout the city, wondering what it would be like to become a defender of the light. Eventually, one paladin broke away from the rest of the group to buy some fruit from a vendor. The boy watched the transaction, and also noticed another figure, walking towards the paladin. A second later, the figure produced a knife, dripping with poison. Crying out, Remnas ran to the paladin, alerting him to the would-be assassin. Turning around, the paladin brought his fist to the figure's head, dropping him to the ground. After the guards came and collected the criminal, the paladin thanked Remnas, and handed him a large apple. Upon taking it, in the fleeting instant where their hands touched, the paladin felt a rush of light emitting from the child. Knowing what the power could mean, he asked the boy where he lived. Upon reaching the home, his father talked with the paladin, who explained what had happened. He also revealed how his son was gifted. His father, giving his blessing, agreed: Remnas would be trained as a paladin of the Silver Hand.

For the next several years, the boy grew under the tutelage of his paladin teacher. After spending time learning the ways of the light, he showed a talent for channeling powerful spells that would burn training dummies to cinders. The order saw this as a sign of great talent, and he was given further instruction to become a Templar. Apart from his power with spells, Remnas showed strong fighting abilities, not surprisingly for his height, choosing to specialize in larger weapons, preferring two-handed swords. For many years, he trained to become a Templar, and finally, at the age of 117, he was inducted as member of the Knights of the Silver Hand. His master gifted him with a set of plated robes, which he handcrafted. For many years, Remnas acted on the Silver Hand's behalf, keeping great ties between Silvermoon and the capital of Lordaeron. However, 15 years later, he learned of his teacher's death. Glad from the fact that he died peacefully, Remnas attended the funeral, along with his father.

The Betrayal

During the time of the undead plague, Remnas was called to help stem the tide of the Scourge. He saw the undead as perversions of the light, unholy beings that had to be destroyed. Naturally, this drew him towards the more fanatical side of the order: The Scarlet Crusade. He joined the crusade, and was given control over the borders of Hearthglen. One day, he saw a large caravan coming up the road towards Hearthglen. With the mind of a crusader, he called out for the alarm, and watched as his troops flooded out of the town, mercilessly slaughtering everything they saw. After the short skirmish, Remnas went to the site, to see how many undead were slain. However, the scene that met his eyes chilled his blood. He found the bodies of many women and children, along with a small number of men. Apparently they were a band of refugees fleeing from the capital of Lordaeron. Knowing what he had done, what he had ordered to be done, he dropped to his knees, crying out against the crusade. When his men began to give him strange looks, the look they would give to someone who they were going to turn in as an undead sympathizer, he unsheathed his sword, and immediately cleaved a soldier in half. Of the incident, he would later say, “Those monsters died with fear in their eyes.” In the wake of his “revelation” about the crusade, he fled Hearthglen, and disappeared. No one knew anything of him for the next six years, until one day, in Menethil Harbor, he was seen boarding a ship to Northrend…

EDIT: new info, reworked third part.
    Last edited by Remnas; 2010-06-19 at 02:50 AM. Reason: info
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Welcome to the sea of Paladins!

A little bit more of detail on his family would be nice, did he have a brother/sister, what happened to her mother when she died? Any important moment in his life, etc etc.

Pull all the details you can, the more the better!
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

and here i thought i was getting too detailed at the beginning. haha

Will update it with new stuff.

EDIT: I did think about keeping him a little more "In the dark" in terms of what is known about him. Would I be able to do this?
    Last edited by Remnas; 2010-06-18 at 08:48 PM. Reason: info
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

68 is a teenager in elf years. welcome pally #40 Also, make him less 'I was there when...' I like how you use lore, but being there for everything Arthas is a little OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

good point. I'll rework it a bit.

EDIT: in the interest of population, would there be an alternative to a paladin? I don't delve too deep into lore to know.

2nd EDIT: What age would you suggest for a former high elf? I'm going for an older person, and ages have always been annoying to me.
    Last edited by Remnas; 2010-06-19 at 12:09 AM. Reason: question

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure there's a guideline to the ages of races on wowwiki somewhere... in fact I got a link to it from thsi forum so i'll go find it for you.

Heres the site http://www.wowwiki.com/Lifespan
    It says old for blood elf/high elf would be around 263 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    good point. I'll rework it a bit.

EDIT: in the interest of population, would there be an alternative to a paladin? I don't delve too deep into lore to know.

2nd EDIT: What age would you suggest for a former high elf? I'm going for an older person, and ages have always been annoying to me.

we don't have too many mages or warriors (since it's confirmed to Cata, it can be done here, and they've always been in lore.), I believe. Maybe one of those?

if you wanna still be a blood elf, maybe go with a class that isn't in game; the Spellbreaker. It's a warrior with the ability to cast arcane magic, usually as a way to rebound spells.

and on the age, Aramore's link from the RPer's guide is solid. Go with something from there.

I do want to keep more towards a paladin character.

Updated the bio. reworked the 2nd and third parts. Not sure if a Templar would work though

I do want to keep more towards a paladin character.

Updated the bio. reworked the 2nd and third parts. Not sure if a Templar would work though
    You can be a paladin if you want! :c
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress

lol this way i can expand on the second part a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramore View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a guideline to the ages of races on wowwiki somewhere... in fact I got a link to it from thsi forum so i'll go find it for you.

Heres the site http://www.wowwiki.com/Lifespan
    It says old for blood elf/high elf would be around 263 years old.
    And thank you for the link. Wonder if this should be stickyed somewhere

it's in the Roleplayer's "Guide". It's in the useful RP links sticky.

It is, there's a sticky with the link to it if I'm not mistaken.

Just noticed that. Any comments on the revisions? I'm thinking it would work now, but it's better to get some feedback.