Deleted

Cataclysm Disc PvP (non-healing)

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=v1NwsyObEhXIB.9dw.priest
    (seems to be a few bugs in the tree-site, rest of the points go into spell warding and blessed recovery)

The plan is this, it is no longer a healing spec (you skip all the healing talents). Instead of healing you put all your efforts into smite and penance for damage and into shields for damage absorption. You will have some damage capability (no idea how much since we don't know how smite looks in Cataclysm) but mostly you will make the healers job that much easier by shielding people (and mana-burning the opposition). Since we focus on (bg) PvP, damage output won't be as important as helping keeping your team alive. It seems like this could be a viable spec (at least in Bgs).

The big advantage of this spec is that you keep some of the healer-attitude, but won't be completely reliable on others to kill. As all healers are now, since they can only heal and hope the other gets bored and leaves them alone, or by some stroke of luck there are actually some competent dpsers in the same BG..., I for one am interested to see if blizzard keeps this or it will be scrapped as well as all the other new features...

Any others interested in non-healing support specs?

*slight edit to the spec (moved divine accuracy to focused power)
    Last edited by mmoc47c069d906; 2010-06-18 at 09:48 PM.

Disc has always been viable as an offensive healer, adding burst whenever possible.

My instinct tells me that if you're really wanting to be primarily a dps, you should still be shadow for the extra direct survivability and utility it offers while still being able to heal if needed. But if your heart is set on disc damage in pvp, I'm surprised you're leaving out talents like chakra, SoL (great for burst), holy reach...

Also, no points to reduce cast time of mass dispel? There will still be pallies and mages in cata last I heard.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    My instinct tells me that if you're really wanting to be primarily a dps, you should still be shadow for the extra direct survivability and utility it offers while still being able to heal if needed. But if your heart is set on disc damage in pvp, I'm surprised you're leaving out talents like chakra, SoL (great for burst), holy reach...

Also, no points to reduce cast time of mass dispel? There will still be pallies and mages in cata last I heard.
    Some points can obviously moved around to optimize it, but no chakra because you'd have to give up the top tiers of discipline, you can cast penance while moving, and both borrowed time, focused will and pain suppression are more important to PvP than the 15% increase from chakra.
    (which only is an effective 11.36% increase, which is not worth taking points from penance and pain suppression)

Same goes for Surge of Light, no matter how great it is, it is too far in the holy tree and you'd need to give up penance. Although you'd need to see the precise damage of each skill, penance seems to be better for this build than the occasional free smite.

*Divine accuracy is really a PvE talent, switch those 2 points over to mass dispel and we have a winner?
    Last edited by mmoc47c069d906; 2010-06-18 at 09:52 PM.