Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rerolled from being a terrible SV hunter, to being what naturally made sense to me for a spec as a ret paladin. During BC, definitely got a surprise when I hit 70 as a human toon, and had to drink between trash pulls for regular and heroic instances. =\ I love the versatility of a paladin, and have recently begun to rock a druid as an alt, because I'm thoroughly in love with both of these hybrid classes and - so far - it looks like boomkins are gunna be awesome to master when they're level 85.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

To be completely honest, when I decided to get into wow I read the class description for all the classes and came up with 3 I might want to play: paladin(which had always been my favorite RPG class), druid, or warlock. My then gf who got me into the game said that paladins fit my personality so I chose them lol.

I've stayed a paladin because a)I like healing a lot more than anything else in this game, especially tank healing b)paladins are amazing for soloing things, and c)in almost every game I play I always gravitate towards the more defensive class or playstyle, which is exactly what holy pallies are in this game

Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    Ret pallies - I've never spec'd ret but my friends with multiple toons all say its the easiest to Play. Even crappy geared players do decent dps as pallies
    Fixed.
    Give anyone a 277 geared ret pally, watch him learn to do 10-11k fast, not bad but nowhere near 15k the ones who mastered it do, easy to play yeah, master? hell no..
    Also crappy players do crappy damage, Rets do more with less gear but mental retardation is a debuff that hits all classes equally.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do it, because I always have.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Stevet View Post
    Fixed.
    Give anyone a 277 geared ret pally, watch him learn to do 10-11k fast, not bad but nowhere near 15k the ones who mastered it do, easy to play yeah, master? hell no..
    Also crappy players do crappy damage, Rets do more with less gear but mental retardation is a debuff that hits all classes equally.
    Thats almost what I said. Anyone can achieve 80 percent of their potential just for showing up. So at 50% skill they may be doing 80% of their max potential dps while most other dps classes would only be doing 50% of their max potential dps at that skill level. So they're way more powerful when comparing mediocre players but not way more powerful when comparing skilled players.

I disagree with the fact that they do so much better damage at low gear levels than everyone else. Its the skill curve thats off, not the gear scaling curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins? lolw00t?

1. Easy to play and easy to learn how to play.
    2. Can go up to an elite push a few buttons, sit back and spam "LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL" and watch him explode.
    3. Bubble
    4. Did I mention bubble?

Apparently Holy Pallies carry raids.

-Very efficient healing, high responsiblity,

-Offspecs.

Why play a class that has been more than viable is all aspects of the game the entire expansion, boardline overpowered in some aspects of PvE?

umm, wat?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie View Post
    Why play a class that has been more than viable is all aspects of the game the entire expansion, boardline overpowered in some aspects of PvE?

umm, wat?
    Bolded part makes me laugh

Quote Originally Posted by Lampu View Post
    Apparently Holy Pallies carry raids.

-Very efficient healing, high responsiblity,

-Offspecs.
    lol at this. A disc priest is as viable as a holy paladin if played right, and most holy palas don't even bother with offspecs, and how do they carry raids? By healing a tank as good as most classes could? Not rly.

Also OT: They're easy to play in most specs, not to master, but if you hand a paladin to some new player he can do decent DPS, that's why they're making it less forgiving in cataclysm. The only reason why I don't understand how they are the most played class is that they are SO DAMN BORING TO LEVEL. Seriously, you have 3 skills up to level 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post
    lol at this. A disc priest is as viable as a holy paladin if played right, and most holy palas don't even bother with offspecs, and how do they carry raids? By healing a tank as good as most classes could? Not rly.
    Disc priests are certainly very strong. The difference here is that a raid would benefit from having two holy pallys, but suffer with two disc priests. One of those priests would have to go holy.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    SO DAMN BORING TO LEVEL.
    says the skillknight, after starting place it's just /yawn..Dinged 80 and never touched it again, talk about BORING..

Besides looking at your armory , how would you even know how valuable Holy Paladins are in Hardmodes..
    Normal modes any healer can be used yeah , np.

you have 3 skills up to level 40.
    Will be changed it Cata

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice View Post
    Disc priests are certainly very strong.

i miss being a disc priest with Sacred Shield on the whole raid v.v
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Why wouldn't you roll a tank class that is hands downthe best AOE tank in the game in a expansion that almost every pull is an AOE trash pull?

cause retribution paladins are OP in pvp

Paladin tanking is alright (got an 80 prot pally alt), but recently I've been leveling a prot warrior and find it better in almost all aspects, (larger toolkit).

People that say warriors can't hold AE threat don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by dakeshi View Post
    cause retribution paladins are OP in pvp
    LOL!!! Is that why most ret pallys have respec'd to Protret?

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Deleted
    Paladins are not the most versatile class, that's Druids. Druids are the only class that can fulfill all 4 roles of the game, Melee DPS, Ranged DPS, Healer, Tank.

Why Paladin? I like their tanking mechanic. That's why I levelled mine, that's the way I play him. I tried Holy, don't like it unfortunately, Retribution is too boring. So I pretty much play him as a pure tank, when I play him.