Poll: Hunter pew pew all in cata?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I went 2 years without speaking english once. It was weird though because english is the only language I know.
    i speak 3 languages and i forget english really fast, im able to read and understand anything u can write but....writting it myself is a bit more dificult ^^.

on topic.
    focus costs are not planed yet because hunter havent been tested enough, but i agree with you saboom.

They will likely make hunters slightly overpowered so they don't lose players to the focus change. If you don't like focus but you see how dominating hunters are being, you stick around. Once you stick around for a while, you get used to it, they nerf it steadily lower. Problem solved: they keep their customers, you enjoy being overpowered for a bit while you get used to the new system, and then you go toward a more balanced character with slow steady nerfs that even most hunters will agree are needed.
    Like an unchecked cancer, hate corrodes the personality and eats away its vital unity. Hate destroys a man's sense of values and his objectivity. It causes him to describe the beautiful as ugly and the ugly as beautiful, and to confuse the true with the false and the false with the true.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Focus is one of the reasons I quit.

It's going to be terrible.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    Focus is one of the reasons I quit.

It's going to be terrible.
    I just bookmarked your armory, and I'm looking forward to smack your head as soon as you reach level 85.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ovideozn View Post
    I just bookmarked your armory, and I'm looking forward to smack your head as soon as you reach level 85.
    HAHA ! :

Focus the best thing that happened to hunters, having too worry about mana suck.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay 90 View Post
    but the 1 sec GCD i want now its rather retarded we barley if atall benifit from heroism/bloodlust
    What? stack rapid fire and a potion with heroism and you fire auto shots like a machine gun, i agree we dont get as much as say casters but its still a noticable dps increase especially when they are stacked.

Deleted
    i think blizz are definatly concentrating on hunters in cataclysm

Pets at level 1
    Focus
    Stables
    Talents

I heard from a bird, that the hunter class was not suppossed to happend? Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by blacktempest View Post
    They will likely make hunters slightly overpowered so they don't lose players to the focus change. If you don't like focus but you see how dominating hunters are being, you stick around. Once you stick around for a while, you get used to it, they nerf it steadily lower. Problem solved: they keep their customers, you enjoy being overpowered for a bit while you get used to the new system, and then you go toward a more balanced character with slow steady nerfs that even most hunters will agree are needed.
    This dude knows what hes talking about. When Wotlk came out did u see any nerfs? Nope its all good and dandy when the xpac comes out so ppl won't leave the game.

Example: Survival hunters, Pallies, DKs
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to say this is a useless thread, but I actually kind of think it makes sense

IMO, the Focus change is going to follow usual Blizzard style when they change something so large...it's going to be either totally OP or totally UP (underpowered). I know, not a very unique thought, but that's really what we should expect.

Either way, people will say "wow hunters are so imbalanced" when Cata drops. That's my opinion, anyway. How we will turn out in the first few patches as they tweak things, who knows. I do look forward to hopefully getting in the beta and messing around because I know it's going to swing wildly between over and under powered as they tweak things.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

Pretty painful to read.
    Aside from that, too early to speculate anything. If anything, Blizzard's past experience with DK will only benefit us since our class play style is going to be changed greatly.
    Last edited by Elenion; 2010-06-19 at 04:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor6969 View Post
    So...i've seen a lot of the changes in the right direction.
    ive been playing wow as a hunter since vanilla, and really i just cant wait for cata changes i want a beta now!

if they loser our GCD we will kitte a lot better since u can use more abilities.
    larger health pools means dots wont kill u as fast as they do now, from my xperience, a longer battle ends with a hunter win. well..ofc.. not agains healers.(focus makes long battles even better for the hunter)
    improving pets will be neat.
    camo...just.....omg.

so what do you think is it the time for the hunter?
    Note that everyone else will be getting changes as well to counter Hunters. Everyone else will be having higher health pools too, and unless they change it, Hunters and Shamans will be the ones with the smallest, and possibly least protection as well.
    Your ranged attacks will cry against rogues, though.

Just to kill anyone's hopes in this thread...

Focus blows as of right now. You get off about 3 shots and you're stuck being useless for the time being. You wont have anywhere near the ability to use as many things as you do now. It didn't work when they were designing the game, so why the hell are they trying it again? Some things I'll never understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    And yet, us not having a single Self Healing Spell vs Hybrid Classes will be the part that will always keep us in check.
    Not anymore.

Hunters are getting some pretty impressive changes on the Alpha. We'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay 90 View Post
    i really am looking forward to the changes however its such a big change we cant speculate what it will be like and how hard to will be getting used to the new focus system

but the 1 sec GCD i want now its rather retarded we barley if atall benifit from heroism/bloodlust

in cata haste affects Focus regen.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2010-06-19 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Hunters will be one of two things: Hilariously OP, or horribly underpowered.

There shall be no middle ground.

Uhm, *Login in on his Hunter* .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post

Focus blows as of right now. You get off about 3 shots and you're stuck being useless for the time being. You wont have anywhere near the ability to use as many things as you do now. It didn't work when they were designing the game, so why the hell are they trying it again? Some things I'll never understand.
    Can I borrow your copy of Cataclysm? Oh you're talking out of your ass. Gotcha.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by TheParafernalia View Post
    Can I borrow your copy of Cataclysm? Oh you're talking out of your ass. Gotcha.
    He may or may not have been in the alpha, you don't know. Relax some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post

Well, if Focus is going to work much like a rogue's energy - then expect to get in a few good shots when you open up on a target, and ride the out of focus train (greatly limiting the amount of shots you can spam) for the remainder of the battle.