Thread: I am End'ghao

I am End'ghao

Name : Endasgus (human name : End'ghao)

Race : Dragon, of Ysera’s kin.

Class : Considered mage

Personality : Very gnomic, but quick-minded. Whilst in human form, quiet but very observant.

Likes / Dislikes : Likes toying with humans and being where the races of Azeroth are converging. Does not like anyone getting too close to knowing his true persona, and when someone hints at knowing, will quickly strike down with the full force of the Green Dragon aspect. Though he has the power to destroy most, he has never used it, except in the one battle where he was called by Aegwynn, the guardian of Tirisfal, to fight against the demon horde ( even then, he did not use the full potential for fear of being recognized. see history). End’ghao does not like to fight himself, but enjoys seeing how mortals play out their lives.

Appearance : Whilst in human form, End’ghao has dark, sun-burnt skin; skin that seems to have been burned by another sun. He always has a calm, incredulous look on his face, and he wears and black bandana covering his eyes. The reason for this is that his eyes reflect a small portion of Ysera’s boundless power, rendering his eyes dazzling to see as they are the color of every single beast of Azeroth.

Strengths : End’ghao is truly powerful in combat when he unleashes his dragon form. Using the power of the many beasts not unlike the way druids do it, though many, many times more powerful. He also is adpet at using magic, of the kind that was the source of the well of eternity. In human form he is adept at sword-fighting; he uses a strong, green-colored blade named Graftlien.

Weaknesses : Although he is powerful whilst in dragon form, in human form End’ghao is as weak as any other. He is able to be stabbed in the dark, or choked to death by any creature, but he has the unruly advantage of never having to sleep.

History : Born into the world shortly after The Great Sundering, End’ghao was the eldest child of the green dragon Merithra, who currently resides near the temple of Ahn’Qiraj.

End’Ghao was born upon the endless planes of the emerald dream, he came to the world while his Grand-mother, the all-powerful Ysera, watched with her mesmerizing eyes. He grew in the emerald dream whilst his mother, Merithra battled along side Caelstrasz and Arygos during the war of the shifting sands. For the first years of his life he was instructed, albeit not very often, by his grand-mother Ysera. During this time he learnt more about the green dragon-flight and the underlying beauty of nature, End’ghao came to appreciate nature in all it’s glory. This turning point in his first short years caused a radical change in his body causing his eyes to glow with the same mesmerizing light that was in Ysera’s own eyes. Both his mother and grand-mother thought this was a fore-shadowing of something great to happen to the child but, to their silent disappointment, End’ghao grew to become quite an ordinary dragon, though a little bigger in size.

It was not so; End’ghao was not an ordinary dragon. Just after the change in his eye-sight (which happened around his hundredth year) he created the charade to be able to chose his own path, his own life, unaffected by his family’s visions for him. Under this lie he chose to study the ancient magic of nature. He began to study the base magic that was connected to both the sun and the moon. These underlying powers were the powers of both the druids and nature itself. End’ghao devoted the next 6 millennium to the study of the way the world worked, both in the emerald dream and in Azeroth. He became adept at using these powers, and they kept on growing with every moment passed in the presence of nature. After a time he became aware that druidic powers were very closely attuned to that of the origin of magic, that of the twisting nether, and of the well of eternity.

This realization caused End’ghao to begin paying close attention to the flow of power that was tied to the twisting nether in the world of Azeroth. He became a self-appointed guardian of this power, making sure that it would never again be used in a way that it could harm the nature he so much cherished.

Shortly after, End’ghao left the calm of the Emerald dream to venture out into the world. By this time he was ancient, by human years, though quite young by dragon’s terms. He had just reached approximately 6,300 years of age and had felt a great disturbance in the powers he had came to be aware of during the millenniums that he had dwelt in the Emerald Dream. He set out to uncover those who had so foolishly loomed close to the powers of the banished well of eternity.

What he found surprised End’ghao greatly. It was a secret sect that went by the name of The Guardians of Tirisfal. To be able to glean more information, End’ghao fabricated a human form for himself, using the name “End’ghao” (his true name being Endasgus), he infiltrated the council to learn what he wanted. This human vessel was not particular in any way, except for the fact that he still retained the eyes of endless power that had so changed his life after his birth. To cover this he wore a dark cloth across his eyes, using the powers imbued in him to see.

He grew to like the Guardians as they were meant to save the world from The Burning Legion, and not destroy it as had once been done. He kept an eye on this order and made an oath to himself that if ever they need his help, he would come at once.

Having gotten the information needed he became a traveler, traveling from place to place, gleaming some knowledge here and there, but not interfering with the mortals that played out their blissfully short lives. This was what End’ghao did for the next two millenniums until he was called by the oath he had made to the Guardians.

The guardian at the time was a woman that, by the human standards, was a living goddess in terms of beauty and power. Her name was Aegwynn, and she had called upon the dragon-flights to fight alongside her against the master of the burning legion, Sargeras. End’ghao fought along-side his kin, using only his claws and other weapons akin to dragons as he did not want to be found by either his mother or his grandmother and brought back to the Emerald Dream for questioning about his motives. End’ghao had long ago decided to become a by-standard in the world of Azeroth, always watching, but never causing anything to happen. To go back to the emerald dream would be to give up this happy life he led among the mortals.

Fearing that someone would find out about him, he quickly fled his brothers and sisters after the great battle, under the cover of his human form.

Until this day End’ghao has been traveling among the world, not interfering with anything but the small problems that arose in his day-to-day life. He became accustomed to being where the important things were happening, where, in essence, history was being created.

-Please, give me your comments//suggestions! This is my first bio and I want to work on it as much as possible to make it both interesting to play and coherent with the lore!-
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2010-06-19 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Upgraded history

seeing as you're a bit more versed with roleplaying, my tongue is free.

Dragons have very ancient naming traditions. In particular, green dragons have names that end in "era" if female, and enerally "us" (or anything of the sort ending with 's', for that matter), for males. End'ghao I feel, is more tauren-esque.

The well of eternity residing on mount hyjal is obsured and protected by Nordrassil, to prevent its use by any creature, whether it be a human, elf, dragon, or even archdemon. Infused by the power of three dragon aspects, you would first have to destroy the tree before having access to the well.

Those are the two big parts of this that I'm concerned with.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Dragons have very ancient naming traditions. In particular, green dragons have names that end in "era" if female, and enerally "us" (or anything of the sort ending with 's', for that matter), for males. End'ghao I feel, is more tauren-esque.
    Ah, I did not know that. Although that is a good thing to know, I don't really want to change my username just yet, I may do it if more persuade me!
    I'll change the "nickname" to Engaus for the sake of keeping things good lore-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    The well of eternity residing on mount hyjal is obsured and protected by Nordrassil, to prevent its use by any creature, whether it be a human, elf, dragon, or even archdemon. Infused by the power of three dragon aspects, you would first have to destroy the tree before having access to the well.
    I had always believed that the Emerald dream was an image of Azeroth as it would have been if mortals had never resided on Azeroth. That being said, I figured that if this was the case then wouldn't it be possible that this same source of water, the "well of eternity" would also be in the Emerald Dream although unchanged by mortal hands? I based my history on this case; that the dragons of the dream aspect would not come close to this indisputable source of power.

If I am wrong, please do correct me and I'll correct my story!
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2010-06-19 at 02:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    many dragons go by different names in different forms, obviously you have heard of Krasus, or Chromie- both names derived from their dragon names, perhaps End'ghao is his name in humanoid form and Engaus (or something a bit longer) could be his proper name. Just a thought but it would put a quick end to any naming debates brought up in the future

Skylar, The Twilight Shadow.
    Shan'do Ninsho Wisepaw, Wardancer and future Shodo-Pan.

Thank you! that's a perfect solution! It's done now!

-edit-

Welcome to Endasgus, the green dragon magi.

sorry for now responding! my power's out and I'm only on for a short time because I'm at an interweb cafe!

The power of three dragon aspects, leads me to believe that the well is untouchable in any plane of existance (especially the emerald dream, because of Ysera's involvement in the tree's creation), because the protection that the tree has is also magical in origin. There's no proof of this, but I think it's fair speculation.

Ahh, hate to hear you're connection is down!

but yes, that makes sense!
    If I made End'ghao learn about an advanced version of the druid powers (Of the moon/sun and nature itself) on a very grand scale. Wouldn't that allow my character to keep his immense stature whilst still staying within the boundaries of lore?

As well, I would like to ask you an unrelated question : Isn't the well of eternity the source of all magic, and the tree only a "safeguard" created with 3 of the dragon's aspects? If this was the case, wouldn't it be possible to "channel" the powers of the well from the emerald dream to Azeroth through the actions of someone in Azeroth?

Just wondering as if this is the case I could greatly use this in the evolution of my character!

Thanks!

Advanced druidic magic learned by a green dragon? I can see it. He'd have to study his ass off though, to make sure that it's within lore, though! Can't have him as powerful as an aspect, but he can be relatively close if he spends a lot of time on it.

The well of eternity, originally was a source of magic, yes. It was destroyed, its magic spreading across the world, and that's why magic is universal in the warcraft universe (in outland, its because the shattered planet is within the twisting nether, the original source of magic). The second well is just a font of water imbued with part of the original well. It isn't the well (Illidan was stopped before he could completely recreate the original well), but close enough to where it's power is nearly the same. Because it's not a source of magic, it doesn't work in the same way as the original well. The tree blocks the use of the well for magic. It's why Archimonde had to destroy the tree before he could use the well to destroy Azeroth, in the battle of mount hyjal.

haha, I'm sure he has the time. Actually, he has 6,300 years to be precise. And I never, EVER, intended him to be equivalent to Ysera (I practically worship her!) as that would make no sense lore-wise!

Editing my story as we speak.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 06:20 PM ----------

Edited, the part about the well of eternity has been rectified!