Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I agree and disagree :P I think your oldfashionedness is getting outdated. Mobo makers are making more and more OC friendly boards/bios. Also its alot harder to damage your components nowadays. On 0lder builds I wouldn't recommend it to the novice user. On newer builds its gotten alot easier IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    I agree and disagree :P I think your oldfashionedness is getting outdated. Mobo makers are making more and more OC friendly boards/bios. Also its alot harder to damage your components nowadays. On 0lder builds I wouldn't recommend it to the novice user. On newer builds its gotten alot easier IMO.
    Tweaking settings is easier than ever before, but physically building the computer can still be very tricky. Big coolers wont fit all mobos/cases, attaching the heatsink properly without breaking mobo/cpu socket, making sure there's decent airflow and so on...
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2010-06-21 at 10:19 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    but physically building the computer can still be very tricky. Big coolers wont fit all mobos/cases, attaching the heatsink properly without breaking mobo/cpu socket, making sure there's decent airflow and so on...
    Most websites build them for you nowadays :P

That build will definitely max out WoW, even with shadows. I run a similar setup (with a slightly less powerful processor and 4 GB's of DDR3 RAM) and it works great on resolutions above 1600 x 1200-ish.

forgot to post here ever since i got the pc.. (assassin's creed 2, star wars the force unleashed and real life stuff made me forget about the forums for a moment:P)

wow runs fine.. on raids i can get above 85 fps and minimum of about 35 fps.. and 30 fps is the "smooth" limit if i recall...

problem is.. dalaran! it keeps jumping between high numbers to low numbers thus making these small freezes.. very annoying, made me hate dalaran...

btw running on ultra.