Thread: wow nude addon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I have to ask, why would you want to? I used to get a bug where the armour didn't load in properly and that was bad enough. Male Night Elves wandering about Dalaran in nowt but their undies *shudder*

Edit - deleted the double post, not sure how it got there since there was only one there originally.
    Last edited by cetarari; 2010-06-19 at 08:55 AM.

Its essentially model swapping which is illegal if in the rare chance you get caught. The likelihood of you getting caught for just affecting visuals (and doing something like editing the game world so you can exploit) is very slim.

Ok to all the people that saying it is legal go read the ToS. For one model editing in general is a bannable offence. Go look it up and see why it is. Not in the mood to explain the whole story on it. THERE is no way for blizzard to actually see that your model editing though. As long as its a skin edit and only you can see it. If they find out your banned. They can check your game files I think? Not in a legally way though :/.

10+ Year Old Account
    1.) It's against the ToS(Which Makes It Illegal)
    2.) Its naked pixels....Anyone who actually uses this should kill themselves.
    3.) I'm disappointed, I knew people on these forums were weird and all, but this...this beats them all.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 08:59 AM ----------

1.) It's against the ToS(Which Makes It Illegal)
    2.) Its naked pixels....Anyone who actually uses this should kill themselves.
    3.) I'm disappointed, I knew people on these forums were weird and all, but this...this beats them all.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Long supporter of the old model mods,(they're mod not addons) they were files that pretended to be wow files so that they could change textures/models, these types could only be seen by your client, while some others changed it serverside, those were illegal. when it came down to it blizzard decided they didn't like the model change files and broke them, like they did with AVR recently. The texture fixes, like the nude mod were just textures, so it wasn't that bad.

/sigh, I miss the old druid and warlock mods, silithid tank bear form, shark aquatic form, humar/echeyakee cat form.. loved it, Lord Kazzak doomguard, good times, but blizzard hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait wait, If this nude mod is legal, why thell isn't the green fire for warlocks legal?
    It only affects yourself...

And seriously. SERIOUSLY. Nude mod for WOW?! get a decent game to start with that doesn't look cartoon-ish if you want a nude mod.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phailigy View Post
    Hi my Name is Troll,

I'd like to start by saying this whole topic is irrelevant and so are the responses. Your only interested in asking whether or not such an addon exists in order to gain access to it yourself via a link or info, not for mere knowledge sake. Obviously the only people asking questions like these are those sitting in their parents basement without a girlfriend or social life to connect to. So your question fools no one. Does such a thing exist, why sure it does. People have nothing better to do than to create such pathetic things to fullfil their sick fantasies. There, there is your answer.
    You sir, win. ^^
    Last edited by Geekbustarz; 2010-06-19 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolour nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Hi my Name is Troll,

I'd like to start by saying this whole topic is irrelevant and so are the responses. Your only interested in asking whether or not such an addon exists in order to gain access to it yourself via a link or info, not for mere knowledge sake. Obviously the only people asking questions like these are those sitting in their parents basement without a girlfriend or social life to connect to. So your question fools no one. Does such a thing exist, why sure it does. People have nothing better to do than to create such pathetic things to fullfil their sick fantasies. There, there is your answer.

Deleted
    If you edit the skins, and only the skins, which is an MPQ pack (like with modelviewer), it is not illegal and untraceable. If you also go around changing models, so you can give your tauren male big boobs, you are in violation of the ToS and you will get a ban at you. They don't know whether you are changing the AQ40 altar so you can jump directly to C'thun, or if you are changing Netherwing Eggs to giant christmass tree's (both real applications of modelediting used in WoW), or giving your male tauren tits. This will gain you unfair advantages and is illegal. Changing just SKINS doesn't change anything of the model, merely how it is clad, and is not illegal.

I think it's not bannable, it's modelediting, and you CAN do that, if im right.

As far as i recall editing any sort of graphics ingame is against blizzards ToS. Back when glavices was the sh** people would change their armor to having theese items, when in reality they didnt. this caused numerous people a ban.

As for the topic. i have no idea if it exist but honestly if people use this "addon", they really got issues...

Probably it's banable if they can catch the guy, wonder how would they do that though.

There are implications, such as changing skins to pin-point enemy locations in BG or arena even while stealthed - example of a edit exploit.
    This is the reason behind the illegality thing.

Now about the morality issue:
    Maybe those guys using this..uh..thing have issues.Even if this is right, i see a lot of righteous forum heroes here bashing them left and right.
    If they do use that it's none of your bussiness and if you don't like it, shut up and walk away.

my 2 cents.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

1) It's not "illegal," but it is bannable since it's against the ToS.
    2) Blizz really doesn't care about model edits so long as you're not cheating. They actually removed their prevention methods of this about a year ago (used to require you using a third party program for the game to load).
    3) If they wanted to, they could trace any edit you make. They probably do too, with stuff like mining nodes and everfrost shards.

Blizzard has no way to find out you're using this addon. So whether or not it's "legal" doesn't matter at all. They do not and cannot scan your c: drive.

Also if you use this add on get help.

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezed View Post
    I think it's not bannable, it's modelediting, and you CAN do that, if im right.
    you are wrong, model editing, such as making your weapons look like sulfuras (even only for you) is bannable

You have to literally make your own patches for this, so unless Blizz coded their game incredibly stupidly, finding out who's using what is trivial for them.

And I don't see how this is in any way ridiculous. Blizz (and other game companies) load their games with sex appeal all the time. Some players wanting to go further is hardly surprising.

It's only illegal if you get caught...

as others said its illegal to change ingame models but the chances you get caught are very very small unless its something they might monitor like veins, rare spawns etc. im not sure if im allowed to post the link but theres a whole site with them mods and they say about the wow's defense systsem etc

Deleted
    Anything that alters the game files such as changing your model to say, the Algalon model for shits and giggles is against Blizzard's ToS, they rarely check peoples files but if they find a reason to, they will take action whether it was a mod that changes a rare herb to the ragnaros model or even something as small as changing a rabbit to a squirrel. There are no shades of grey in this type of thing, if they find you you're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Geekbustarz View Post
    Wait wait wait, If this nude mod is legal, why thell isn't the green fire for warlocks legal?
    It only affects yourself...
    Any type of model changing is not allowed, from this patch they are talking about to green fire.