Smile Dodge/Block - Anub'Arak 25 man heroic.

Hi all, I'm just wondering, what's better to stack for this fight?
    I was under the impression that dodge > block, but everyone gets a block set for this.

We generally tank with a warrior, DK or Druid, and a paladin (me).

I know this is old content, but we only raid 2 days a week, we decided to get another day today, not enough logged on, so the RL decided to do TOGC25. Our first attempt on anub we got him to 30%, so it was called.
    Something i've noticed is that.. I wasn't taking too much damage in phase 1, but the second phase 3 hit I dropped so fast (Within 1-3 seconds).

According to my macro, I have 74.62% avoidance with my regular gear. IF i equip [Corpse Tongue Coin [Ilvl 277] I have 77.04%, If i put up Holy Shield, I have 107.04%.

Provided I keep Holy shield up, I would be able to maintain 107.04% , which is higher than the 102.4% (101.6%) needed.

Do I NEED 99+% UNBUFFED, or would my 77.04% UNBUFFED be enough, because it is 107.04% WITH Holy Shield? Also, Would I have more of a benefit if I had more block than dodge, or vice versa?

My armory - www[.]wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&cn=Apazlol (remove [], I can't post links :S)
    Thank you for your time.

Apaz.
    Last edited by Apaz; 2010-06-19 at 10:34 AM. Reason: la

This will help you and answer all you questions:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic

Read through it and start farming block gear.
    (Blockgear is owerpowerd at this fight)

This guide helped me a lot and if you still have questions put them here^^

You need more avoidance without block, cause those spiders will eat though your holy shield in a second or so leaving you vulnurable. Also, you need to have enough Block Value so that your blocked attacks doesn't hit you for much (or at all preferably).

Deleted
    Does it really matter if you dodge or block>?

you need 102.4 avoidance with around 4k(not sure, check MT.com) block value fully raid buffed. however, that is if you use only 1 tank for adds. if you go with 2 tanks you can focus a bit more on dodge since adds dont hit that hard.

You won't be able to keep holy shield up. Like Elessa posted before, those spiders have such a fast swing timer that they'll just completely eat through your shield in a second or two. You'll pretty much be wearing alot of Naxx/Ulduar gear as they decided to completely (or mostly) get rid of the block gear mid expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Does it really matter if you dodge or block>?
    It is impossible to make sure you never get a undodged hit but it is possible to stack block to the point of never taking a hit.

main reason why you never afford taking a hit is you got full army of those mobs hitting you they gain 100% haste per add in range the debuff on you increases damage taken on all hits (base hit is not high and the %modifier is applied after the block is taken off the hit) so blocked hit with decent block value is 1-3k hit unblocked 9-10k and your getting hit 10-20times a second.