Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    druid tanks are great tanks and im pretty sure most of the high end raiding guilds all of one.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Majority of the feral tanks are bad, yes. The talent trees currently allow too much space to spec purely for survival.

World first LK HC used a feral tank, so they are awesome. They also had no mages which proves that mages really blow. Americans went to moon first, so they are the best in space. Someone in africa was the first to drown so they are the worst swimmers.

Feral's have bad threat? I usually pull around 7k TPS. Way more than most players I know.

I know several Awesome Bear Tanks, I've run with many horrible ones.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Freakwave View Post
    Someone in africa was the first to drown so they are the worst swimmers.
    Oh god I was mid drink when I read this, and I almost laughed Sprite all over my monitor.
    Epic. lol.

Bear AoE threat is right up there with Paladin AoE tbh.. assuming t10 set bonus and king of the jungle etc..

Amount of burst threat a bear can get also.. I'm sure it out threats warriors etc.. considering maul is our biggest threat move. Once one mangle and a lacerate is on the target I'm ussually already pulling 7-8k TPS outside of icecrown. These people just don't seem to understand the concept and are slating it or something is going wrong on your end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Junlee View Post
    You can't even post in the proper forum. If Blizzard employees functioned as you do, your character would queue up for a BG and end up in Molten Core.

Really avoidance and block is roughly equal for warriors/paladins. Most warriors and paladins are running 40-50% avoidance after the debuff in ICC and 34-37k armor.

Druids seem to have lower avoidance with rarely more than the base 5% miss chance and no parry, but with a strong block value in savage defense and stronger physical reduction from armor.

Lastly, if your pulling 10-13k TPS in heroic modes then nothing wrong with threat, if you take a little to start up then get a tricks/MD and have dps wait 5 seconds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Ask healers, and they'll tell you they prefer a steady incoming damage on the tank rather than inconsistent spikes.

Also... I'm always lower on damage taken on boss fights (like Saurfang) than the plate tanks.

Ferals are fine.
    yes this kida weird i did check my dmg taken compared to a prot pally i was tanknig whit and i took less dmg?

but can that be tru ? i have less avoidence, i had same amount of armor, i had 10K more hp but hp doesnt let u take less dmg

my savage defence does absorb more often then his block does but it also absorbs less then his blocks.

so i dont understand how i could have taken less dmg
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    It's called random.

Feral tanks are actually pretty good in ICC due to the high health. They can survive the burst damage more than say a Warrior or Paladin.

It is also called: stack less stamina. Don't be afraid of agility. Tank jewelry with +armor = less physical damage taken.
    Just because feral stacks up great with stamina doesn't mean you should be stacking *only* stamina.

Feral tanks are fine!

yes, a paladin or dk has more inital aggro but since you always have 1 rogue or hunter in a raid that shouldn't be a problem.

No, incoming dmg on all tank are not the same, warrior and blood dk's get hit harder than pallys or druids and pally's have their argend defender a failsafe that prevents them from dying.

so you should be in a really good spot as feral tank at the moment.

Not that i care really that much about what my friends think, but the part where they rather take a warrior that has worse gear than me instead of taking me kinda annoys me, just because they think that warriors is so much better on tps, survival etc.

I think it's hard to convince them that feral tanks is as good as any other tanking class, when they've already chosen side, and that they are quite stubborn.

i think overall ferals are just fine. sure there are encounters where certain tanks are better than others because of encounter or boss mechanics or even because of buffs/debuffs they provide.
    our 10 man group had a feral tank for the longest time till he quit wow and he was one of the best tanks i ever met. survivability, thread, you name it, never had a reason to doubt the class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    The ONLY problem with Feral right now is generating instant AoE threat since iLvl scaling and random dungeon has turned all of the 5-mans into "AoE this shit as soon as the tank pulls".

The cooldown on Challenging Roar should be lowered to a minute or less (and without needing the silly glyph).
    that would be to over powered compared to for example the warrior aoe taunt

chalenging raor is not meant tobe spammed it meant for o shit situations.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    druid tanks are quite bad for your healers. we soak a lot of dmg that all needs tobe healed while other tanks reduce or avoid the dmg
    False. If it's a crapload of magic damage then maybe, but on fights that are more physical I take way less damage than my equally geared Paladin and Warrior counterparts. I've gone over the logs multiple times and on almost every fight where the bosses are meleeing me I take less damage per hit than the other two tanks in my guild.

And considering the fact that we are playing with basically infinite mana at this point in the expansion it doesn't even matter what happens to the tanks for your healers since they are just spamming spells regardless of whether or not you are taking damage. In a world where mana is not infinite your "streakiness" does come into play, but that's not how the WotLK expansion works. Every healer can cast non-stop and even if they have to call for an innervate they still aren't going to completely run out of mana on any fight unless you are simply trying to go with a skeleton crew of healers (i.e. using only 3 or 4 healers on Heroic ICC 25 bosses).

TL;DR - Whoever posted this crap either has a really horribly geared bear or just doesn't know how to heal. Bears are fine on healers.

Obviously if the bear aoe taunt gets lowered the warrior one will as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StrangeTank View Post
    I know several Awesome Bear Tanks, I've run with many horrible ones.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:09 AM ----------

Oh god I was mid drink when I read this, and I almost laughed Sprite all over my monitor.
    Epic. lol.
    Ya i love Bear tanks, I never really had a problem with one.

Obligatory "Death Knights don't have an AOE taunt".

DKs have DnD which is nearly as good, and blood boil.

Also 1 thing druids have against any other tank class, they have 100k HP+ yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

I've only ever had one person - a Death Knight - consistently out-threat me on my bear while raiding, once the Lacerates are on it's easy to keep threat.

Quote Originally Posted by lsmf5 View Post
    I would also say that at lvl 80 bear tanks are the easiest to play of the tanks.
    Why? Are you only looking at the number of buttons? That's because they don't have the tools necessary to deal with spellcasters, which makes them harder to play - not easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!