Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is pretty much old models there, but so what.
    Gronns have always been cool models for me same goes with Vezax model.
    Lets just hope Grim-Batol isnt gonna be Occulus Copy..

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom View Post
    Question? What question. your whole post was a statement/observation. Never did you ask a question or use a '?'. Rephrase.
    Yeah I guess I didn't ask a question per say... but I guess I just was confused about whether or not these were alpha, and how much would be changed once it is finalized assuming it is in fact alpha.

Isn't Grim Batol only a 5man? What does it matter if models are recycled. I mean Arcatraz recycled Vanilla models for bosses.

There's really no need to complain about anything until we know a release date. Until then everything is subject to change and or place holder
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

Excuse me, but did you even see Lord Marrowgar's model before he was updated right before going live? Yeah, bosses can be released before their model is ready.

Personally I wouldn't really mind one of the huge classic Dragonkin bosses again(like Razorgore), though I guess we're getting one of those in the Ruby Sanctum anyway.

However, the Vezaxj re-coloured looks SO much more awesome than Vezaxj himself. I really hope that one is kept around(it's the Twilight's Hammer anyway, they're heavily associated with Old Gods).

EDIT: Also, don't expect to see many unique models for trash. Trash are usually just regular monsters. Drakes will be drakes, Orcs will be Orcs, Gronns will be Gronns.
    Last edited by KandyCane; 2010-06-20 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljo View Post
    I know what you mean! Next they'll start using Human models for Humans and Orc models for Orcs. It's crazy, I know.

I bet you didn't know that the Bronze drake model is actually the model for several other named drakes in Classic.
    what! omg this is an unacceptable and ridiculous idea!

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 02:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane View Post
    Excuse me, but did you even see Lord Marrowgar's model before he was updated right before going live? Yeah, bosses can be released before their model is ready.

Personally I wouldn't really mind one of the huge classic Dragonkin bosses again(like Razorgore), though I guess we're getting one of those in the Ruby Sanctum anyway.

However, the Vezaxj re-coloured looks SO much more awesome than Vezaxj himself. I really hope that one is kept around(it's the Twilight's Hammer anyway, they're heavily associated with Old Gods).

EDIT: Also, don't expect to see many unique models for trash. Trash are usually just regular monsters. Drakes will be drakes, Orcs will be Orcs, Gronns will be Gronns.
    and idiots who want to QQ and don't know what they're talking about will be idiots who want to QQ and don't know what they're talking about. thats OP of course

Who the fuck cares what models they use for dungeon trash? Its only going to be AOEed down and trampled.

Deleted
    Not even beta and other stuff like that etc.

Clearly this is the release product and everything is finished and ready. Nothing will be changed before it's launched, mind you the date it will be released has been stated, and everything is exactly how we want it.

/sarcasm off

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 05:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CptAwesome View Post
    Who the fuck cares what models they use for dungeon trash? Its only going to be AOEed down and trampled.
    Actually, blizzard said they want to pull away from this and actually make trash require more than a tank and a bunch of AOE. They want *Gasp* CROWD CONTROL TO BE USED!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

These are likely final models, thats why they released them as screenshots.

Blizzard said Cataclysm is not about the high-end raiding, but low-end questing. Thats where they spend most of their efforts.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    Oh lol I thought these were finalized but I guess they're still alpha. Sorry!

In retrospect I feel pretty dumb
    I salute you for accepting that you were wrong and actually admitting you feel dumb. Most others would twist the story and try to prove us all wrong. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's a placeholder, Thorim used to not have his model, he was just some big vrykul in frosty armor with a average joe hammer. Wait for it. Everything is subject to change, and yes those are alpha pictures because the GMs said they'd be taking screenshots and putting them on the website (from the alpha that GMs get in).

10+ Year Old Account
    They're testing game mechanics in the game atm, like how the bosses would react to stuff and they using old models. Yes they'll probably be upgraded.

Did you know lord marrowgar used to be a skeleton just like the one's activated by the traps? Untill further mechanics have been tested they've put the new model in.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

the gronns have the same modell as gronns? UNTHINKABLE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daljo View Post
    I know what you mean! Next they'll start using Human models for Humans and Orc models for Orcs. It's crazy, I know.

I bet you didn't know that the Bronze drake model is actually the model for several other named drakes in Classic.
    Now i know that the OP now understands that its just alpha models etc, but i feel compeled to point this out just as many others already have so people wont be confused anymore! :P

along with the correction of the gronn models and faceless commander/general models, there are also only 3 drake models in the game (correct me if im wrong):

1: red/green/bronze/black/twighlight/blue/chromatic/albino/azure drake. (all of these use the same model)
    2: netherdrake (as in, the netherwing drake you ride)
    3: onyxian drake.

the only thing that changes is the texture maps on each to change the colours/contrasts/opacity of the dragons.

1 word:

PLACEHOLERS
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Telm View Post
    There is pretty much old models there, but so what.
    Gronns have always been cool models for me same goes with Vezax model.
    Lets just hope Grim-Batol isnt gonna be Occulus Copy..
    A blue post stated that you start with an rail bombing mission to thin the mobs out then go in on foot. No vehicle combat involved.

Wrong.

This early in the beta is likely to be placeholders.

Thorim went through being a plain old Vrykul, to sharing the same model as Loken before he got his final model. And Marrowgar was just a big skeleton soldier until a couple of weeks before Icecrown went live.

You forgot the fact that Grim Batol looks just like Iron Forge. Lawl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    im sure i remember thorim being one of those ones that look like the last boss in ulduman / the guy you talk to to start FL Hardmode. You know the stone dude with the hood over his head. At least thats what he was when i first got the quest from him up on hs mountain.