Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    5) General Vexxaz
    Never heard of him.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I salute you for accepting that you were wrong and actually admitting you feel dumb. Most others would twist the story and try to prove us all wrong. O_o
    Lol tyvm! Honestly this entire thread was a fluke of mine, I just assumed that because there were actual screenshots of this on the Blizzard website (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/catac...grimbatol.html) under the Cata preview that they weren't Alpha, but apparently they are and that makes perfect sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Aonix View Post
    am i the only one that thinks of "ironforge" when looking at these pictures?

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss55.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/.../june/ss54.jpg

Those images > IF

Quote Originally Posted by Silence9 View Post
    I was looking at the screenshots that Blizz released from their new raid Grim Batol, and I really didn't see much new. In order of the screenshots (left to right) on the homepage of MMO-C I see...
    1) Durn the Hungerer's Model
    2) More models like Durn
    3) More models like Durn
    4) An orc in wotlk Tier 9 PvP gear
    5) General Vexxaz's model
    6) Bronze Drake and Twilight Drake Models (from CoT: Strath and OS3D 25m respectively)
    7) No models in this pic, but it looks an awful like BRD
    8) Well I guess this one's got some new stuff.

So, seven out of the eight screenshots seem to contained recycled models or ideas. I'm sure Blizz is working hard on Cata and hard on Grim Batol, but I feel like it will be Naxx all over again, and I'd like to see some new models and new, different raids along with new tiers of content.
    These screenshots are from the Grim Batol 5-man; not the 10/25 man raid, Bastion of Twilight. Also, Cataclysm is still in Alpha-testing. If the 5-man will get new models, they likely won't unveil them 'til Beta.

Does Blizzard usually release pictures that are still using placeholder models?
    No? Didnt think so.

The pictures are "pretty much" what we can expect.
    Not a huge deal, just Blizzard cutting costs/production time.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

tbh i liked the old models(the gronns and the reskinned vezax lookin thing)
    and you expect new models for every xpac? its the same world, just different places, get over it
    Last edited by smartAXE; 2010-06-21 at 04:45 AM. Reason: forgot half my post
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

If everything was changed to be new models then there wouldn't be the lore feel for the game.

It sucks, but it's the truth.

You go make Grim Batol a crazy ass Dungeon with new everything, and then tell me that the Wildhammer dwarfs built it? No way. But on the other hand Deathwing could have totally ripped the place apart and made it home.

To bad it's not the latter.

I have lost all hope in Blizzard. It's pathetic how they make their game(s) these days.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE View Post
    you expect new models for every xpac?
    Yes.... I do....
    Every Xpac so far has had a handful of new models.