Thread: The Light...?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

The Light...?

After quite some time now I cant help to notice that everywhere I go, I find people who think that "The Light" we paladins use is from the sun as its source. I find this quite idiotic actuly, "The Light" itself isnt sunlight or moonlight or something like that, but its a type of magic one can use through meditation, accepting the fact your not worthy of the light and you have flaws (Arthas, Rise of Lich King). Where or how "The Light" was made or found I have no clue and I doubt blizzard will ever tell us.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    ^This proved the first half post true. Oh well wowwiki has an answer for everything these days o.o brb 5 days gotta go trough the archives /camp

did someone forget what a sunwalker is, i think so my good sir.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    The light is more of an ideal,trying to better yourself.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    did someone forget what a sunwalker is, i think so my good sir.
    The whole point of his post is to try and reconcile how sun worship translates into the Light.

Deleted
    Actualy the light-this is the titans themself, the eartmother, who has Mu sha and An'She is actualy the female titan Eonar that is cultivated by the taurens
    Elune, is also Eonar, cultivated by the elves.
    The humans and all other who cultivate the Holy light, actualy use the titan's powers.
    Its all comin from theese basterds, even the demons.

Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    After quite some time now I cant help to notice that everywhere I go, I find people who think that "The Light" we paladins use is from the sun as its source. I find this quite idiotic actuly, "The Light" itself isnt sunlight or moonlight or something like that, but its a type of magic one can use through meditation, accepting the fact your not worthy of the light and you have flaws (Arthas, Rise of Lich King). Where or how "The Light" was made or found I have no clue and I doubt blizzard will ever tell us.
    The Holy Light, for Humans, is a religion with no deity. It's predicated on the belief in three virtues, all of which one must learn before they can actually wield the power of the Light for themselves. In TBC, we found out that the Naaru are beings of pure Light, attaching a peculiar divinity to the religion for Azeroth. It's possible that all this time we've been praying and following these virtues and just as the Naaru noticed the Draenei and their pleas, they noticed the Humans, Dwarves, and High Elves who were doing the same. I think a lot of people are mistaking the Tauren Sunwalkers for followers of the Holy Light, which would explain the strange opinion of it being found from worship of the Sun, which isn't the case at all.

Last i'd checked, Elune was a completely separate entity, the only true deity in WoW, whereas Eonar is just one of the Pantheon, otherwise by your logic, night elves should be paladins as well.
    Last edited by Kaje123; 2010-06-19 at 06:44 PM. Reason: night elf thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    Actualy the light-this is the titans themself, the eartmother, who has Mu sha and An'She is actualy the female titan Eonar that is cultivated by the taurens
    Elune, is also Eonar, cultivated by the elves.
    The humans and all other who cultivate the Holy light, actualy use the titan's powers.
    Its all comin from theese basterds, even the demons.
    The Earthmother is speculated to be Eonar, she is also speculated to be Therazane. Also, Eonar has never really been associated with the Light anywhere.

Also, I don't think cultivate means what you think it means, it implies that the night elves/humans have control over Elune/the Light.

---------- Post added 06-19-2010 at 06:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Marrick855 View Post
    2) Conerning sunlight and the light and how it pertains to the Tauren paladins. The reason The Light is often thought of as being the same as the Sun is belief that is hammered in fantasy lore. The Sun is often seen as a symbol of purity, life and redemtion. Darkness, (life without the sun's light) is seen as a symbol of evil, corruption and destruction. Vampire's for example, are destroyed by the sunlight but thrive in the darkness (this holds true for other forms of undead as well). Fantasy religious organizations often use the symbol of the Sun as their holy emblems. So its not out of the realm of possibility that a race that worships the Sun would also be worshiping the concept of purity and life. They would use the power of the light that the sun gives off in order to route out evil in all the dark places. Wether or not the Sun in the World of Warcraft is actually the god from wince paladins get their strength or not is really the case, doesn't matter. The act of worshiping such a being can lead you down the same path as a paladin, as the two will share the same religious beliefs.
    XepNes this is a quote from a guy who responded in the thread concerning night elf paladins, answers your question nicely.
    Last edited by Elovan; 2010-06-19 at 06:54 PM.