Poll: How often do you PuG "serious" raidcontent (VoA excluded)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    more ppl would pug if you could enable friendly fire

Deleted
    I chose the "I semi-pug on a regular basis only with alts" option, seeing it the most fitting.
    I only PuG VoAs/weeklies/ToC on my main, and I pug semi-pug/pug on my alt(s). I rather not PuG ICC EVER on my main, only if I am unable to attend a whole week of raids (never happens really).

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I'm sorry but that's just a BS response.

There are guilds catering to all kinds of player mentalities and schedules. The only reason why people chose PuGs over regular guild raids is because they aren't willing to commit themselves.

Unfortunately inter-player socializing is an intricate part of all MMO games. And committing yourself to such a social group is part of an MMO.

Catering to PuGs is one of WoWs few potential pitfalls.

Pugging should remain a possibility, but it should be as limited as possible. There isn't a problem when overgeared players pug an instance or experienced players pug older content on their alts. There is a problem when pugging becomes the sole form of progressing through raid-content.
    the only problem with your statement is the simlle fact that fir my old case, the mentality and skill base of the late night raiders on my server was close to retarded. i raided in hardcore guilds for years till my schedule change to late nights. i ran a late night guild up till 2 months ago for over 3 years and trying to find some form of skill or mental common sense was like asking someone if i could stab them a couple times with a knife and them saying "sure!". we dont usualy choose to pug cause we want to, we do it cause we have to cause half the time it beats the alternatives, and i dont feel as tho i should have to sacrifice the best part of the game just because i work a diffrent shift than the "normal" raiders...

its my freaking $15 too dammit!

edit im also im on phone at work ... if i get knocked for spelling you can burn.
    Last edited by Okais; 2010-06-19 at 10:49 PM.

You could find a guild that raids 3 nights a weeks and requires a 50% attendance if you wanted. The problem is that you don't want to find a guild.
    not if he's on my server he cant. there isnt a single guild with a 50% attendance requirement. (at least no guild thats better then your average pug, and if pugs clear more, why bother with guild drama ?)

thats the main reason i pug. because 90% of the "raiding guilds" have trouble clearing the same content that i can clear in a pug, and the other 10% of raiding guilds expect 100% attendance on day/times that I'll only be around 25-50% of the time at best. and dont use "oh, you're simply choosing to have a real life over wow, and any real wow player would quit his job, dump his girlfriend, and move into his mom's basement" as some excuse.

i also find that some guilds (generally the mediocre ones) tend to get incestuous with their tactics and strategies, in that they avoid pugging at ALL, so they dont see that the tactics, addons, etc, they are using are ... wrong and/or outdated. pugs provide the socialization needed to keep things moving forward.

Ok so you have a tough schedule. That's fine. I used to have a 40 hour week + business school on Friday and Saturday as well. That added up to a good 60 hours a week, excluding social obligations. Yet I still managed to raid and commit myself.

I"m absolutely confident you could find a guild that suited your schedule if you wanted to. I assume you don't have guitar lessons every evening and I'm sure you don't study 3 hours every night of the year (during exam periods ok, but not all the time). And that still leaves some free weekends.

You could find a guild that raids 3 nights a weeks and requires a 50% attendance if you wanted. The problem is that you don't want to find a guild. You don't want to commit yourself to potential "virtual" obligations.

Realistically WoW doesn't require that much time to be played successfully. 2 raid-nights a week and some odd hours during the weekend (be it morning, midday or what not) and your set.
    Bro, I study and have guitar lessons every evening, or else I wouldn't even have put that up there. I've also tried and tried and tried many times to find a guild flexible to my schedule but unfortunately couldn't find any. Only the "casual-social" guilds with delusions of grandeur who never got past Saurfang and whose sole purpose in the game constitutes talking about last week's family guy, cartoons from the 1980s and romantic problems within the guild.

That those guilds exist, maybe they do, however I have yet to encounter one. I DO want to find those guilds but I simply can't allocate the time towards doing so (at least now). I want to log in, get loot, get out. bam. Without too much hassle.

Honestly, with all due respect, I think you are imposing your will upon me and anyone else who doesn't have the same experiences with PuGing/raiding than you; to each his own. Our divergence of opinions seems to be stemming from our different views/experiences within the game itself.

At Iceberg265

I'm sorry if I sounded cocky, I simply meant that because my schedule was so busy now, I had to resort to Pugs
    Last edited by Archus; 2010-06-19 at 10:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archus View Post
    I'm sorry if I sounded cocky, I simply meant that because my schedule was so busy now, I had to resort to Pugs
    Ok, fair enough, your schedule is exceptionally busy for a WoW player. I'm surprised you play the game at all tbh.

I was merely challenging the often stated "I cannot commit because I have no time" statement, used by many people as an excuse to not commit themselves to the game and yet insist Blizzard still caters raid content for them.

PS: Don't worry about insulting or offending people on the interwebz. That's what it's made for.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2010-06-19 at 11:17 PM.

Ok, fair enough, your schedule is exceptionally busy for a WoW player. I'm surprised you play the game at all tbh.

I was merely challenging the often stated "I cannot commit because I have no time" statement, used by many people as an excuse to not commit themselves to the game and yet insist Blizzard still caters raid content for them.

PS: Don't worry about insulting or offending people on the interwebz. That's what it's made for.
    I thought it was designed by college students to be able to transfer information at an absurdly fast rate and thusly greatly revolutionize the fields of education, medicine, technology and literature? Or was that the internet in 1994? Anyways, with the strict rules on these forums I won't take my chances on getting banned.

And yes, I'm definately not getting my $15 worth of game time.

I enjoy pugging, because it reminds me who I play this game (the connections to new and interesting people) and also why I have a guild (the connections to people I trust, like, and who will not try to stalk me because of my gender).

15+ Year Old Account
    i'll pug 10 mans. i used to do 10 man right after 25 on a raid night, if i did that, i wouldn't leave my computer for another 2-3 hours. i got sick of it, so i just abandoned guild ran 10 mans.
    i like pugging 10 mans.

back in the day AQ20 pugs were very successful if coordinated properly.

never pug VoA, too many noobs and ninjas.

but the guild won't do older content, so sometimes i like to pug 25s just to test my DPS and keep everything fresh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well beeing in a guild that only does 10 man guilds (which i prefer doing) to help out in the raids by getting my healer shammy and Retardin some 25 man gear does give some nice improves in my usefullness in raids. mostly pug the first wing of icc 25 and what we can kill afterwards is all bonus :P and ofc i pug voa, weekly raid, toc/ toc hc runs to get some gear on my alts what they can use.

------------- Kul Tiras EU-------------