Charge / Intercept Macro

I need a macro that does the following:

Cast Charge, if Charge is on CD, cast Intercept.

It's for my Prot spec, instead of having two separate key binds for both, I'm looking to join them into one button.

Anything like that possible?

#showtooltip Charge
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept; [help] Intervene;
    Found this on the WoW forums, I think I remember someone saying it was broken but I can't test it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malorajan View Post
    Found this on the WoW forums, I think I remember someone saying it was broken but I can't test it.
    Didn't work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im pretty sure than you can't have conditionals in macros.

you can have it do different things based on stance or if target is friendly/harm but you can not have a single macro choose what ability to use based on other abilities CD's otherwise you could macro an entire rotation into one button perfectly and blizzard would never allow that.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991 View Post
    Im pretty sure than you can't have conditionals in macros.
    Correct. Macros cannot distinguish whether an ability is on cool down or not.

#showtooltip
    /cast [help] Intervene
    /stopmacro [help]
    /castsequence reset=15 Charge, Intercept

I think this will accomplish what the above macro will not, though he didn't mention anything about caring about Intervene.

Personally, I'd drop the middle two lines from above and have a seperate Intervene macro.

#showtooltip Intervene
    /cast [help] [target=targettarget, help] Intervene

Intervene your target, if a party/raid member, or the target of your target, if you have an enemy selected that is after somebody else.
    Last edited by Malruth; 2010-06-20 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Added second macro

#showtooltip Charge
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 Charge, Intercept; [help] Intervene;

Is the best you can do, I was using a similar macro for a while, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle to work around a macro and bound intercept to a different button. This macro isn't broken per se, it does exactly what it is supposed to do, just not actually what you want it to do. Trouble with this macro is that if Charge fails to fire for any reason (I get issues at max range from time to time) then you're going to get stuck on Intercept unless you stop pressing the button for 15 seconds. Moreover it won't go back to Charge immediately when the Charge CD is up unless you haven't intercepted at all. Like I said more hassle than it's worth. Now I have a similar macro with a 4 second reset for Taunt/Mocking Blow that I love, but that is another thing I suppose.

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [harm] reset=15 charge, intercept; [help] Intervene

Just like Fornaws, mine works perfectly for me in PvE.
    Unlike Fornaws, I havn't had any trouble with charge not working and having the button stuck on intercept. It only changes to intercept if charge actualy gets used and goes on CD.

I just use a modifier macro ..charge normal and intercept when holding shift

#showtooltip
    /cast [shift] intercept; charge