Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Here OP i'll help you with your post
    TL;DR I made a mess in my diaper and i'm a mad player who wants moar emblems and it's not fair that people don't cater to my wants. also where's my bottle?

ToC 10/25m - 15 emblems each. Not hard to pug them either

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want you to come help me kill this guy in icecrown. Its only a 5 minute flight. Its not like its srs bsns, its easy, quit whining and just come help me real quick. Yes, I could do it alone but why should I when you can help and make it easier. Stop being a dick and expecting me to work for my own rewards!
    WRONG WRONG WRONG...
    Sorry about the caps
    Nobody is asking you to help them with an optional boss - You signed up for it! You signed up for a random heroic, and therefor you do 100% of that instance, unless all 5 in the group agreed something can be skipped!

When I'm in a random heroic, I only need the frost emblems, but if just ONE (even a hunter with 800dps) wants to do all bosses, I want the group to do all the bosses

And you're saying, you don't want to waste your own and everybodies else time... and you have math to prove it... However, when you enter a heroic, you have to expect that the other people are there to have fun. You might have turned wow into a job for yourself, but hopefully everybody else in the group aren't like that...

I sometimes use my pvp spec in a random heroic... just for fun!... I might go 1,5k down in dps, but I'm having more fun, and it's not like I'm making the group wipe...

My point is, you sign up for a random heroic with 4 random people because you want to do it... Then you can't suddenly justify skipping 75% of the instance, because you want to be effecient and get your job done quckly

It's a game... Remember that

You signed up for a heroic, not for 2 bosses... Remember that

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 06:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by analmoose View Post
    old content is old, when i do a heroic its to get my badges and get it out of the way. they arent fun anymore and more often than not you have morons pulling every additional trashpack because they tunnel vision, so you go point a to point b as fast as possible and gtfo
    You should just stop playing... doing something every day even tho you don't enjoy it... Wauw, that's what i call waste of time

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 06:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uvorix View Post
    Its not fun for me having to clear bosses that just waste my time
    Then don't sign up for the heroics! The bosses are a part of what you signed up for!

Quote Originally Posted by KeoDK View Post
    Here OP i'll help you with your post
    TL;DR I made a mess in my diaper and i'm a mad player who wants moar emblems and it's not fair that people don't cater to my wants. also where's my bottle?
    See, this kid is exactly what I'm talking about with the American school system. Our children are growing up with ZERO reading comprehension. He can read an entire post about how people should stop crying about wanting us to drag them through extra bosses for emblems they shouldn't want for the time commitment and then he thinks I'm asking for "moar" emblems. This country is FUCKING DOOMED.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draticus View Post
    See, this kid is exactly what I'm talking about with the American school system. Our children are growing up with ZERO reading comprehension. He can read an entire post about how people should stop crying about wanting us to drag them through extra bosses for emblems they shouldn't want for the time commitment and then he thinks I'm asking for "moar" emblems. This country is FUCKING DOOMED.
    Guess I'll have to take your side this time KeoDK did clearly not understand anything, and yes... America seems to be doomed:P

Tilions:

WTF are you talking about? No one signed up for a full clear. We signed up to do the instance. Optional bosses are optional. Nobody benefits from the optional bosses unless you need gear. I've never been in a group where more than one person wants to full clear. They are the ones trying to drag everyone else along on something only they want to do. And it doesn't even benefit them but they can't do math so they think it does. Just requeue if you want more emblems.

Do you think everyone who goes into VoA is signed up to do the entire thing and they have to full clear for you?

First of all your maths are a bit off. Hos takes 5 min average to clear to the cross that leads to the 3 different bosses. 8 minutes to clear and get over with the bran event. Then another 3 minutes to go and kill last boss. Total 15 minutes average. Clearing to and killing maiden takes 3 minutes(los pull is timesaving there) while mini grull takes 4-5 minutes which worth skipping. So killing maiden at least is more efficient than skiping her.

What i dont understand is why people want to skip quickly killed bosses(like maiden, first boss OK, bosses at dtk, UP) when other want the emblems. Are u sooo selfish? After all u gather the emblems to trade for gems. Still your profit.

When i tank with my warrior i avoid skipping bosses that arent so much time wasting cuz it breaks the monotony of aoe tanking.DTK? if i skip all bosses the instance for me will be aoe tank->next group repeat with 1 boss.

What your post reminds me along with the intentional mistake (even small) reminds me when a boomkin told the group to skip bosses at UP. I loled at him knowing that the tank is RL friend and told him we will kill them all. Rest dps agreed. Then the boomkin told us that if we skip the bosses the run will be 5 minutes isntead of 15. Then i could not help using heavy sarcasm against him which made him quit lol.

TL DR: Skipping "quick" bosses is not that smart especially when people need emblems. And this comes from a tank PoV.
    Last edited by Weaver; 2010-06-20 at 06:42 PM.

Most groups I see want to skip as many bosses as possible, so I generally do that when I'm tanking. As soon as anyone says they need all the bosses though, then we'll do them. No problem at all.

The only one I don't tend to skip is Hadronox. There's always someone who's never skipped him before, and it's tough for them to understand how to do it the first time. Generally I find it's more trouble to skip him than to just kill him.

Of course, there's also always one person who decides we're skipping Hadronox without consulting the group, and simply jumps off the bridge assuming everyone knows what's happening. Inevitably, someone doesn't, or someone needs the boss, and the group wipes. Then the guy ragequits.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tilions:

WTF are you talking about? No one signed up for a full clear. We signed up to do the instance. Optional bosses are optional. Nobody benefits from the optional bosses unless you need gear. I've never been in a group where more than one person wants to full clear. They are the ones trying to drag everyone else along on something only they want to do. And it doesn't even benefit them but they can't do math so they think it does. Just requeue if you want more emblems.

Do you think everyone who goes into VoA is signed up to do the entire thing and they have to full clear for you?
    First of all, there's a difference between a VoA raid and a random heroic
    VoA raid is not with random people, but people choosen by the RL/the raid
    Random heroic is with random people

You sign up for a random heroic, you get, lets say HoS... Is Maiden of Grief and Krystallus not both a part of HoS? Yes they are, and therefore you signed up for those too. You don't just sign up for 2 Frost Emblems, or an experiemt which wants to check how people can get Triumpf emblems fastest... You sign up for an instance... do the goddamn instance, which includes some optional bosses

TBH people should expect VoA raids to clear all 4 bosses, unless something different was told by the raid leader. Unfortunatly it has come to a point were people are just jerks, and leave when they feel like it.

Quote Originally Posted by JeKv View Post
    Most groups I see want to skip as many bosses as possible, so I generally do that when I'm tanking. As soon as anyone says they need all the bosses though, then we'll do them. No problem at all.

The only one I don't tend to skip is Hadronox. There's always someone who's never skipped him before, and it's tough for them to understand how to do it the first time. Generally I find it's more trouble to skip him than to just kill him.

Of course, there's also always one person who decides we're skipping Hadronox without consulting the group, and simply jumps off the bridge assuming everyone knows what's happening. Inevitably, someone doesn't, or someone needs the boss, and the group wipes. Then the guy ragequits.
    Yes, definitely one of the few bosses you should not skip. It never works out well. Its another example of "saving time" thats universally cost more time than its saved. Like that ledge craw and jump into a pack of mobs in slave pens just to skip two trash pulls. Someone always fell in the water and had to run all the way back around. It took 5 minutes on average and it was only supposed to save 90 seconds at most. Completely retarded.

---------- Post added 06-20-2010 at 06:58 PM ----------

Tilions:

VoA pugs are exactly the same as heroic pugs. Random people. The minority has to do what the majority wants. Sorry, you don't get to declare that we're "signed up" to do all optional bosses. Hell, with your logic I could declare that you're signed up to do all the achievements. The achievements are part of the instance whether they're optional or not. If you sign up to do the instance you sign up to do the whole thing right? Optional bosses and optional achievements included.

You're just trying to justify forcing others to do something only you want to do. Optional is optional. If you want to do it then find a premade group that agrees to do it.

Honestly, Im a tank 5.9k GS.. the O N L Y reasons i run heroics is because either i am helping friends or going for my 2 Frost for Primordial Saronites. And either way if im doing my daily or helping a friend if i can skip a boss i will. It's just so much faster, especially in OK that has to be the worst instances especially with shitty dps or shitty healers. I've hated that place since Naxx. The Weird thing is ive never had anyone bitch at me for skipping bosses though, the thing that people bitch about for me is OCC. That i do not get people bitch about occ but it is only 10 minutes and its 8 badges ..
    Last edited by Omen321; 2010-06-20 at 07:07 PM.

I skip all bosses I can as a tank. If they wanna carry 3 DPS then they can roll a tank, I dont enjoy tanking; I just do it for the fast Queues.

Blame Blizzard for the horrible way the balanced the game ie, 1 tank 3 dps 1 healer.

Quote Originally Posted by macke View Post
    I skip all bosses I can as a tank. If they wanna carry 3 DPS then they can roll a tank, I dont enjoy tanking; I just do it for the fast Queues.

Blame Blizzard for the horrible way the balanced the game ie, 1 tank 3 dps 1 healer.
    ....................................... you mean the basic set up that would make sense ? .... ya .... that was .......................... stupid ?

Here, i'll help you with that post too
    TL;dr MOOOMMMYYYY someone said something against my wishes my diaper is getting heavy.. THIS IS AMERICA'S FAULT

solution. queue for nothing but nexus, you cant skip bosses there or you dont get to finish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    In the time that it usually takes to discuss this stuff and go all out emo about it one could probably have queued for 2 more heroics...

I think det here won the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by keodk View Post
    here, i'll help you with that post too
    tl;dr mooommmyyyy someone said something against my wishes my diaper is getting heavy.. This is america's fault
    ...doomed

Deleted
    The main problem with this thread is that the OP assumes he's doing all the job and doing a favour to everyone else by tanking the place. All I see is wasting "MY" time, spoiling "MY" instance. While the tank is indeed important for the run, you are not there boosting everyone else. Can you solo the instance? Then by all means do whatever you want. You can't? Looks like you need them same as they need you, so stop complaining and do as the majority wants. The fact that they will eventually do as you want simply because you get instant queues and they don't is conjunctural. Abusing it (because you are, aren't you?) does you no justice. Complaining about it on the forums is even worse tbh. What is your problem, they don't want a fast run, leave and requeue, you get instant queues because you're awesome, right? Oh wait, the debuff... So I guess you do need them as I said. Bend to the will of the majority then.
    Abusive tanks are abusive.

Deleted
    You queue for a dungeon. Not half of a dungeon, or a quarter of a dungeon. If someone wants to do the full run, they are in their full right to do so, and you should oblidge, or you're being nothing but an ass.

Should've never let it hit live like this. Unless all bosses are killed, no bonus emblems should be rewarded, simple as. Otherwise, y'know, you haven't cleared the dungeon.

Deleted
    i normally go with what the rest of the group wants. dont rly care tbh