Pet going solo and his attack / stop attack macro

First of all when ever I am running AN on my hunter alt, every time we are at Hadronox after just clearing the adds I find myself doing a 360 camera movement and having this sinking feeling of "oh crap where is he".

It appears even when I put him on idle and use my attack/stop attack pet macro he thinks he is some kind of hero and tries to solo this damn big frickin spider.

Does anyone have any ideas why he is doing this or any way to prevent it?

Secondly back to my pet attack / stop attack macro; it is a basic macro simply attack on one click, stop attacking on the second click, but when I am still attacking the target as soon as I hit one of my abilities my pet returns to battle, not great for when I need a few seconds to heal him up or avoid any extra damage to him.

Has anyone got a macro that on first click again attacks, but on seconds places him in idle and returns him to my side, or at least lets me still attack until I send him back.
    Last edited by Imgrac; 2010-06-20 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Interference bertween thoughts and hand movement caused by the Wife yabbering on.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.

I actually noticed the same thing the other day. After killing the three packs my wolf shoots off down the tunnel. I noticed after he had turned the corner, and luckily, was still about half the distance away from the boss.

15+ Year Old Account
    OP: about your macro, I think you should make sure it's set to passive and not defensive. That should stop him from running in every time you attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Sativex View Post
    OP: about your macro, I think you should make sure it's set to passive and not defensive. That should stop him from running in every time you attack.
    That would probably be the issue, do other Hunters constantly stick to passive or would the situation dictate when I would choose passive or defensive?

I hope I am not coming across as too much of a noob hunter here, for all it was my first character 5 years ago I hit a brick wall with half way to 60 then did not level it again until recently, and even now I only play it once in a while.
    Your heart became proud on account of your beauty, and you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor.