Question Tears of the vanq VS Emphemeral Snowflake

Hi,

Just nabed few items for my resto spec, and was looking your advice about healing trinkets

So one of my slot has darkmoon spellpower trinket keeping that for extra mana via absorption efect and also sp, but came into endway and can't make a choice between

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47215 - Tears of the Vanquished (Equip: Each time you cast a helpful spell, you have a chance to gain 500 mana.) - 45sec icd more leik goen to proc often whenever offcd for 500mana

and

http://www.wowhead.com/item=50260 - Ephemeral Snowflake (Equip: You gain 11 mana each time you heal a target with one of your spells.
    Use: Grants 464 (14.15% @ L80) haste rating for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)) Haste efect it is sweet indeed. Gaining 11mana every time you heal it means every tick of any hot will return me 11mana?

Thanks alot

I'd personally use both of those. If resto is your offspec, I've found that I oftentimes have mana issues due to not having high regen from the rest of my gear.

i love the snowflake. once you get enough passive haste, the on use loses some of its utility, but the 11 mana ticks per hot tick. ive not done the math on the average mp5 these offer, but i like it.
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Snowflake now has an ICD so that every hot tick you have doesn't work since druids have so many and it was really OP when it 1st came out. But the mp5 from it is still probably better than the 1st. On-use procs for healing trinkets are pretty useless but I'd still use over 84 int.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherhunter View Post
    i love the snowflake. once you get enough passive haste, the on use loses some of its utility, but the 11 mana ticks per hot tick. ive not done the math on the average mp5 these offer, but i like it.
    I've looked at just a raid parse with it on my paladin, and it was pretty on par with every other mana regen there is (meta, tears, tailor enchant).

The snowflake has been nerfed pretty badly and does not work with more then 1 hot ticking at the same time. Since druids almost never have any mana problems I would get 2 sp trinkets you can get the one from iic 5mans it got a massive crit use that is quite useless but the 111 spellpower is quite nice for a trinket slot.

Just read what I wrote and want to make it abit more clear.

It does work with more then 1 hot it just got an internal cd of 0,4sec I think so its not as insane as it used to be with wg.
    Last edited by Crazhr; 2010-06-20 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Snowflake now has an ICD so that every hot tick you have doesn't work since druids have so many and it was really OP when it 1st came out. But the mp5 from it is still probably better than the 1st. On-use procs for healing trinkets are pretty useless but I'd still use over 84 int.
    I thought that they changed it originally because of SPriests, then removed the ICD.

Personally I only use trinkets that have a base spellpower gain, and either a heal or a MP5 Portion to them.

Some easy to get trinkets are:
    Purified Lunar Dust - 179 SP + 76 mp5 (procs 304 mp5 for 15 seconds every minute). Frost Badges
    Althor's Abacus - 179 SP + a huge heal. Most people disregard this trinket because most of the heals end up being overheals, however this is a smart heal and comes in handy on fights where you just cant cast or in ICC hard modes. (25 Gunship)
    Sliver of Pure Ice - 158 SP + 50-80 mp5 (if you use it every cd). Marrowgar 10
    Solace (drop rate sucks, but worth pugging). Jaraxxus 25
    Forethought Talisman - 111 sp and a small HoT proc. Naxx 25
    Sif's Rememberance - 110 sp and a 53 MP5 proc. Thorim 25
    Spark of Hope - 20.5 SP, and ~ 250 MP5 (great trinket if you are having major mana issues)
    Je'Tze's Bell - 106 SP and a 34.5 MP5 proc - BoE World Epic

These are the only trinkets I have used as a Resto druid. The reason I go SP + some form of MP5 is that Spellpower is our biggest stat - it is what we stack. The reason I like the passive MP5 gains is because we don't stack MP5 or spirit. A large chunk of our MP5 comes from those 2 trinket slots. On use trinkets....well I never remember to "use" a trinket, so I don't really equip them.

Deleted
    Gogo snowflake

it has been nerfed and have now a 0,4 sec ICD, but it's still nice leave the tears to the holy palas