Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Blessing of spell protection, seriously ?

Hi guys,

Today i was playing with my WMV (WoW Model Viewer) and found something interesting in the texture files, i found a texture named blessingofspellprotection, but i never had it working correctly. I only saw it one time on a semi colored background, but didn't think about screening it (i thought it'd work again), it looks a bit like the Aura Mastery texture, with a light blue, if someone can get a pic of it with his own WMV.

So, do you think this is an old texture from WoW Vanilla ? Or one from Cata ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously doubt its a Cata spell...most likely its a NPC spell

i would say a new one as im a very optimistic person and hope we get a nother blessing as wisdom and strength blessing will become 1 granting strengths and Mp5 at the same time
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUN3R View Post
    i would say a new one as im a very optimistic person and hope we get a nother blessing as wisdom and strength blessing will become 1 granting strengths and Mp5 at the same time
    I think it'd rather be similar to Blessing of Protection (the spell that protects you from physical damage), and just protects you from magical damage.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

During the TBC alpha or beta, one of the abilities they tested out was Blessing of Spell Warding. I would silence the target but make them immune to enemy spells. I personally think that this would have made a wonderful cooldown for arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by elchali View Post
    I think it'd rather be similar to Blessing of Protection (the spell that protects you from physical damage), and just protects you from magical damage.
    I think you are thinking of hand of protection.
    Quote Originally Posted by worlddan
    My understanding is that deathwing will erupt from that pool and fly around squeaking, "Runescape! I was in Runescape! How do I get back to Runescape?!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtroia View Post
    yes, but it used to be called blessing of protection, and is still labelled that in the model viewer, so it's not improbable that it would be a magical version of hand of protection.

Blessing of protection no longer exists. Hand of protection is what your talking about. Blessings consist of Kings, Might and wisdom. Seen as the magic school auras are being merged, BoSP would be a spell damage absorb rather than a resist (no point in an aura and a blessing). However it's speculation at best that it even is to be implemented as a player ability.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I've always thought of it as BoP (Blessing of Protection), rather than HoP, which is just weird to say.
    Main & raiding character: Elchali, Holy Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy View Post
    Blessing of protection no longer exists. Hand of protection is what your talking about. Blessings consist of Kings, Might and wisdom. Seen as the magic school auras are being merged, BoSP would be a spell damage absorb rather than a resist (no point in an aura and a blessing). However it's speculation at best that it even is to be implemented as a player ability.
    In case you guys failed to notice and a few f you have, blessing of spell protection is listed as well as blessing of protection and salvation and sacrifice...(even stamina news to me) and we all know that minus spell protection and stamina these blessings are now hands of spells.
    This suggests to me that this spell book is pre 3.0. Don't expect this to be implemented..

Deleted

is this the blessing you were looking for?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    During the TBC alpha or beta, one of the abilities they tested out was Blessing of Spell Warding. I would silence the target but make them immune to enemy spells. I personally think that this would have made warr/hpala so overpowerd that youd see them all at 1.8k in the first day they start playing 2s .
    Fixed it for you ^

Deleted
    the picture is from the WoWhead page about blessing of spell warding. it is an ability used by the paladin boss from the illidari council boss in black temple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    the picture is from the WoWhead page about blessing of spell warding. it is an ability used by the paladin boss from the illidari council boss in black temple.
    Fine, ruined our hopes... lol

Quote Originally Posted by elchali View Post
    o gaaaaaaaaaad not a nother bubble !!!
    thats the reaction of most of the people :P

did you even read what he said he said that Hop protects you from physical damage and that the new spell is the precise opposite and will protect you from spells damage get it ?
    Last edited by GUN3R; 2010-06-20 at 06:14 PM.
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

maybe if we got this spellcleaves wouldnt kill rets in half a second

Deleted
    I'm cetain that Blessing of Spell Protection is used by some of the Darkfallen mobs in the Blood Wing of Icecrown Citadel. Next time you're there have a look at the name of the buff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaos View Post
    I'm cetain that Blessing of Spell Protection is used by some of the Darkfallen mobs in the Blood Wing of Icecrown Citadel. Next time you're there have a look at the name of the buff.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=72066

Shroud of Spell Warding3% of base mana40 yd rangeInstant castA targeted party member is protected from all magical attacks for 6 sec.

ability from darkfallen advisor.

i don't see the bad thing in paladins getting a spell like this. Considering were eaten up by magic damage in general. Just make it so you can't use physical attacks just like BoP.

And yes people it's BoP if you were around in TBC you would know why.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilate View Post
    During the TBC alpha or beta, one of the abilities they tested out was Blessing of Spell Warding. I would silence the target but make them immune to enemy spells. I personally think that this would have made a wonderful cooldown for arenas.
    Yeah but Blizzard said that making a buff that makes you immune to spell would be seriously overpowered in the High End PvP and PvE.

3 weeks later they made Cloak of Shadows though. :P