Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Ok, there is an ideal amount of Stamina to have on gear when compared to armour. We use this formula to compare two said pieces of gear. This equation merely gives us a value of S (Stamina) as compared to armour.
    Remember, the optimal EH setup is as you increase one stat the other becomes more powerful, because they act as a multiplicative of each other IE every 1000 health means you stretched that 65% that bit further or by adding 5% armour you stretched that 40000 health further. They work in tandem, back to the root of the problem of the glove enchant, I'm saying that gear has inflated so much recently along with these stamina buffs that in terms of optimising our levels of Stamina and armour. Armour isn't as efficient as it once was.

In other words, the armour DR is real, as we increase the level of armour in Armour/(Armour +16.6k) we lose more armour. Compare this to stamina which has no such Diminishing returns we realise that Stamina will fast become more efficient on gear than armour.

This and this alone is why we have an EH equation to find the quadratic optimisation between Stamina and armour while remembering that armour has a Diminishing return as given by Armour/(Armour+16.6k)

That is in plain terms. There is no flaws or misinterpretations I have explained it as well as simply as possible.

EDIT: I re-checked Maintankadin before and Theck made a post regarding our discussion, basically he re-inforced your point about h being scaled aswell, So that the ICC buff cancels and it irrelevant to EH. Armour vs Stamina remains the same regardless of presence of the ICC buff.
    Last edited by Halogen0; 2010-06-23 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Noted above.

Quote Originally Posted by Halogen0 View Post
    1) In other words, the armour DR is real, as we increase the level of armour in Armour/(Armour +16.6k) we lose more armour. Compare this to stamina which has no such Diminishing returns we realise that Stamina will fast become more efficient on gear than armour.

2) That is in plain terms. There is no flaws or misinterpretations I have explained it as well as simply as possible.

3) EDIT: I re-checked Maintankadin before and Theck made a post regarding our discussion, basically he re-inforced your point about h being scaled aswell, So that the ICC buff cancels and it irrelevant to EH. Armour vs Stamina remains the same regardless of presence of the ICC buff.
    1) I've had this discussion a countless of times and I don't know how to get it through to you, that the DR on armor has absolutely no effect. The only point where armor gets significantly worse than Stam is if you have an abundance of + armor gear and are gemmed for Agi instead of stam. Else it's just like with any other stat comparison: Increasing the other stat by 10% increases the value of the other stat by 10% (in current gear ~500 stam or 5000 armor would be a 10% increase)

2) The problem is, that you ARE indeed misinterpreting it for DR on armor, which is just... plain ... wrong.

3) While you're at it ask him about DR on armor please I guess he can explain it better than I do :P
    Edit: He already said it :P
    I'm not sure what point you were trying to make about Armor DR in that thread. The diminishing returns are already taken into account in my analysis. The result is still linear in Armor, despite the diminishing returns.
    Last edited by Nillo; 2010-06-23 at 01:44 PM.
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida