Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Timer addon for sacred shield / bacon of light etc

Hello fellow paladins, today i am coming with question that has probably been asked at least 9001 time before, but search function is being gay and i cannot search these forums.

So, like topic title says, i need addon that tracks duration of my spells, especially bacon of light, on other people in raid. I had spellAlert, but its really spammy and i cant find way to disable unwanted durations.

Halp plx, and thanks in advance.
    Rules of the internets:

1. There is no RL, only AFK.

2. Welcome to the internets, place where men are men, women are men, and childrend are undercovered FBI agents. Enjoy your stay.

I use clcbpt, it works really well. DIsplays SS, SS HoT, BeoL, and JoTP timers.
    Also shows SS durations from/on other people. Not sure about beacon though. Dont think it does. I usually sort these things out beforehand in a raid and depend on the other pallies to be keeping it refreshed(If they cant...-.-)
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

I use BOLT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    I use BOLT.
    I use BOLT (Beacon of Light Timer) as well on my pally. It tracks Beacon, (who its on and time left) sacred shield as well as the judgment haste buff.

Here's a link if you're too lazy.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ght-timer.aspx

if you use grid, just install "Grid SideIndicators", "Grid Indicator Corner Icons" and "Grid Indicator Corner Text". Put Beacon in the bottom-left corer, put SS in the bottom-right, put SS HoT in bottom-center.

IMO, the fewer addons the better, and crucial information like this is best viewed on the raid frames themselves, not off wherever.

One note: i have my grid raid-frames set to fade if the player goes out of range, and i like it that way, so as a backup i use Classtimer also.
    Last edited by nysaa; 2010-06-21 at 03:27 PM.

Problem I find with grid is that the indicators are either too easily missed, or theres too many of them. Need them for other things too:P
    And also, grid(to by knowledge) doesnt show duration left, person who cast it, etc.

Mmmmm....Bacon....

I use Powerauras

15+ Year Old Account
    I use Class Timers, it works great and for multiple classes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronark View Post
    I use Class Timers, it works great and for multiple classes.

Class Timer shows the timer only if you target the person. A Holy paladin should without question always have mouseover binds.

--

Personally I use CLCBPT. It lets you track Beacon, SS, JotP, all the FoL hots you do, as well as every other paladin's SS.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx
    Last edited by mmoca4580827e8; 2010-06-21 at 05:30 PM.

CLCBPT is the way to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elnarr View Post
    Class Timer only shows the timer only if you target the person. A Holy paladin should without question always have mouseover binds.

--

Personally I use CLCBPT. It lets you track Beacon, SS, JotP, all the FoL hots you do, as well as every other paladin's SS.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ls/clcbpt.aspx
    Focus target.

I like the layout better of clcbt, I already have enough icons on my screen :P

Also I set it to flash the icon big in my face when it has 3 seconds left, which was is a good reminder sometimes when you have a lot going on.

Bolt is cool, I used it for a while but personally just like clcbt both are good though

B.O.L.T. Curse.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    'Hardcore' raiders remind me of my two-year-old. "Yes, I put it down and I'm not playing with it anymore, but YOU CAN'T TOUCH IT MINE MINE MINE MINE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Forcelink View Post
    Problem I find with grid is that the indicators are either too easily missed, or theres too many of them. Need them for other things too:P
    And also, grid(to by knowledge) doesnt show duration left, person who cast it, etc.
    Interesting point, so you want to be able to see other player's Beacon and SS too? I can definitely see a use for that, as long as like you said, it doesn't crowd up the display.

2 points: 1) Grid Indicator Corner Text is what will show the SS and Beacon duration
    2) Grid Indicator Corner Icons doesn't just put a tiny dot in the corner, it puts a small yet recognizable icon of the spell, so it's actually very distinct, compact, and imo perfectly placed

as for too many indicators in grid... what do you really need? I only show Aggro, Beacon, SS, SS HoT, and Raid Debuffs in my Grid.

15+ Year Old Account
    DoTimer

Can track anything and everything you want from whoever, on whoever.

If you use DBM you can use the following macro:

#showtooltip beacon of light
    /dbm timer 60 NEED MOAR BACON
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] [help] [target=player] bearcon of light

the [help] [target=target] part jsut means that if you don't have a mouseover the spell will be cast on your character, alternativly, you can use [target=target] which will cast on your target. Just gotta watch out for accidental mouseovers, but it's still a ms faster than targeting sumtimes.

i use these macros for almost every spell I cast on 6 80's because i have a 2 button mouse, more buttons + clique addon could make this macro a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002 View Post
    I use BOLT.
    I also use BOLT. No setup required. Simply install the addon, then drag the little icons wherever you want them to be. There is even a feature that makes it so it will beep at you when beacon is about to wear off. This is especially helpful in intense fights as it allows you to worry less about when you need to reapply beacon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelink View Post
    I use clcbpt, it works really well. DIsplays SS, SS HoT, BeoL, and JoTP timers.
    Also shows SS durations from/on other people. Not sure about beacon though. Dont think it does. I usually sort these things out beforehand in a raid and depend on the other pallies to be keeping it refreshed(If they cant...-.-)
    This. ^

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 03:04 AM ----------

"Interesting point, so you want to be able to see other player's Beacon and SS too? I can definitely see a use for that, as long as like you said, it doesn't crowd up the display.

2 points: 1) Grid Indicator Corner Text is what will show the SS and Beacon duration
    2) Grid Indicator Corner Icons doesn't just put a tiny dot in the corner, it puts a small yet recognizable icon of the spell, so it's actually very distinct, compact, and imo perfectly placed

as for too many indicators in grid... what do you really need? I only show Aggro, Beacon, SS, SS HoT, and Raid Debuffs in my Grid. "

Thank you Nysaa, I went to search for this add-on, and I'm really hoping it works AMAZINGLY well for me. Too many times have I agonized over my minimalist UI when attempting to fit Vuhdo into my screen. <3

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 03:35 AM ----------

FML, I installed this, made sure StatusHots was up. Added the Auras Beacon of Light/Sacred Shield, and checked on "Show If Mine."

And yet, I still can not see SS or BoL in my corners. I've cleared the icon criteria to see if that was the problem, but nothing. When I check ON the debuff Forbearance, I can finally see an icon in the corner, but SS and BoL still will not show. Any suggestions?

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 03:41 AM ----------

Finally got a Beacon of Light to show, (but it is set show ANY BoL's >.<) and attempting to emulate this with SS has resulted in failure. Perhaps I'm missing another Grid module?
    Last edited by Gavenrod; 2010-06-22 at 08:43 AM.
    My former UI

Tunguskä: So will people be able to by pass T11 raids by sticking to Heroics? Or shall they be forth which is what is it and not?
    Thaumatrope: Of course they shall. Don't tell me you actually thought they'd be forth which isn't what it is and not? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavenrod View Post
    [/COLOR]Finally got a Beacon of Light to show, (but it is set show ANY BoL's >.<) and attempting to emulate this with SS has resulted in failure. Perhaps I'm missing another Grid module?
    Maybe you just ran out of indicators?They may be in use for other timers?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    ZOMG-buffs, pally-power and tracker of those spells, in 1 addon (same author as Xperl, ...)