New to Shadow Priest.

Well, I've been playing this game since closed beta. I've had priests before but never at the WotLK level cap. My current main is 11/12 H ICC 25, So it's not a matter of knowing fights or anything.
    Just like my main class (Hunter) have some tips and tricks in their sleeves to max out their damage outputs.

This is my armory; http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ht&cn=Contemed
    I know the hitcap is 11% I'm changing the staff very soon once I get a nice offhand.
    I know the tip/trick of refreshing SW:P at 5x Stacks of Shadow weaving. Is there anything else I should know?

cast SWD when moving, if it's on CD, cast DP

DP frotnload dmg > DP Tick

Quote Originally Posted by Cowkiller View Post

No just no. Shadow word death should be used if on the move in pve, but NEVER clip your dots EVER!

Try a sticky btw.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowkiller View Post

This is correct. When MOVING, and SWD is on CD....Spam DP. This is generally if you're kiting something. Orange ooze, Shadows thingie from BQ, Chasing after a boss the tank insists on running away with.

Tricks for Prof:
    -Keep dots up on Prof AND whichever Ooze is out.
    -Recast all dots as he casts Tear Gas. (Clip away <3)
    -Spam DP if you're kiting the Orange Ooze when SWD is on CD.
    -Use Dispersion when a Green Ooze targets you and no one is there to soak up the damage.

Tricks for Festergut:
    -Ignore spores, and use dispersion for Pungent Blight. (a cancel aura macro for dispersion can be handy, only needs to soak the damage, not last full duration) On normal mode I find you can also live with only one spore stack and a disc bubble, so you wouldn't need to use dispersion then.

Tricks for Blood Queen:
    -Cast Fear Ward a few seconds before the pull, then re-cast it when it's off CD. You'll be immune to both air phases.
    -Spam DP when SWD is off CD when kiting Swarming Shadows.
    -We have our meeting point, for those with Pact of the Darkfallen, the center diamond in the room. Try to stay within 1 GCD running distance to it so you can cast SWD while running into place, then wait to move out once you can cast SWD again for the move. (The links aren't cast often so you can sit there for a while and nuke the boss without getting in anyone's way.)

Tricks for Sindragosa:
    -Get glyph of Dispersion if you don't already use it. Cast to your hearts content while you have Unchained Magic, and dispersion the second the debuff falls off.
    -Recast all dots as she goes up for air phase. (Clip away!)
    -Recast all dots before Frost Beaconed on 2nd phase. (Clip clip clip)
    -Dot up every frost tomb on 25 man(VT and SW:P), during air phase, then tab through to nuke and keep up dots.

Tricks for Saurafang:
    -A spec with reduced aggro does wonders.
    -When adds spawn, tab>VT,tab>VT,tab>VT,tab>VT>SW:P>MF>MF>MF>MF <Add dies> - return to boss, rinse and repeat. (Should get back to Boss right as SW:P drops off, and I generally keep DP on the Boss, and don't use it for ads)
    -Try to position yourself near the boss instead of on the outer ring, to avoid range issues when boomkins or Shaman's knock the adds back, or they're pulled across the room.
    -Fade removes the slowing effect the Ads give you.

Tricks for Lord Marrowgar:
    -If you use the tactic where everyone stacks on the boss, hit Mind Sear when the bone spikes come out, it should hit all 3.

I'm sleepy and not sure if this is what the OP was actually asking for, or if it was gear/geming advice... But in the long run, how you play and when you cast what, and whatever you do to avoid moving when possible is what will give you the big DPS gains. :3

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No just no. Shadow word death should be used if on the move in pve, but NEVER clip your dots EVER!

Try a sticky btw.
    Nvm this guy above.

It is more worth constantly casting DP while running as you will get the initial dmg three times on the same time as one tic, so gtfo.

Other good tips and tricks is to prepot with a wild magic to let your SW:P get the extra 200crit rating if you know you can keep it up the whole fight.
    Learn your mana in a fight, if there is alot of running: Shadowfiend instantly as you can gain mana better if you do dispersion while running and get an extra shadow fiend later in the fight.

Deleted
    www.shadowpriest.com for more accurate, detailed and reliable information.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    shadowpriest.com isnt use as much anymore. Hence why it is for-sale.
    So much fail there. SP.com is changing the owner because the current one has decided that with upcoming expansion the site needs someone who would be more involved in day-to-day things.
    Just because the site is going to change the owner, doesn't mean it is going to be less reliable or less useful. Owner doesn't make sp.com what it is, posters do. And they aren't (most likely) going to leave.
    Shadowpriest.com is still BY FAR the best site for us on the Internet.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy? Who knows? Who cares?
    I hope shadowfiend will still be able to do damage in 3.1., it's my second "nuke" button next to Inner Focus!

Leap of faith:
    Good news everyone, we can now heal stupidity!
    http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...l&cn=Brokolice

Thanks Solfire, you are of much help. I'm not sure with my gear if hitting around 7k is fine (On marrow) but I don't think I'll get to sindy on this guy, my hunter is to wanted. I'm also looking for another
    tip after talking to a SP Friend on my server. He said use MFClip. I used it and sometimes it gives me some things that don't seem right. Anyone mind briefly going over this addon? And I'll take the advice on spamming
    SW/DP on movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Surreal View Post
    Thanks Solfire, you are of much help. I'm not sure with my gear if hitting around 7k is fine (On marrow) but I don't think I'll get to sindy on this guy, my hunter is to wanted. I'm also looking for another
    tip after talking to a SP Friend on my server. He said use MFClip. I used it and sometimes it gives me some things that don't seem right. Anyone mind briefly going over this addon? And I'll take the advice on spamming
    SW/DP on movement.
    Well I don't use it personally, but from what I can tell, it'll give you blue cast bars with green latency sections showing you when it's safe to clip MF, and when it's optimal to start recasting dots. As the MF bar moves Right to Left, the first green section indicates the 2nd MF tick, and the last section is when it's safe to start channeling MF again.

My problem with this addon is I feel compelled to stare at it and zone out my surroundings. I'd suggest if you aren't comfortable with it, to try a combination of Quartz LatencyMF2, and OmniCC.

OmniCC will put a single digit countdown over your dots on the boss, and CDS on your cast bar. They'll start out yellow, and turn red when they reach a certain threshold. (I have mine set to turn red at 4 seconds left, it's a great visual queue and allows me to ignore other dots and not obsess over trying to keep track of every second.)

Quartz LatencyMF2 will give you a lovely cast bar with two big red bricks showing you where to clip MF at the second tick (The middle red section), and when it's safe to re-cast MF.

Either way, if you feel your current addon is giving you errors when you believe you're clipping MF correctly, I'd suggest going to a target dummy and casting MF 20 times. Clip them at the 2nd tick every time, then check recount. If it adds up to 40 ticks you did it correctly, and if the addon told you otherwise, it might be buggy.

Hope that helps! <3

P.S. I can't post links, but if you google "mf2 quartz", the first link that pops up should be the Quartz LatencyMF2 addon, from wowinterface.