Thread: If you could

Cool If you could

If you could change one thing in WoW, what would it be?

I'd go with redesigning the relationship between professions and items in the game. I'd make 99% of items to be player made. So instead of items, you'd raid for materials. Additionally I'd have patterns to be guidelines for stat allocation. So you could find a randomized pattern that gives f.ex. 63% stre/10% mastery/27% stamina, and the average itemlevel of materials would define the amount of stats you'd gain.

What would you do?

p.s. got this project at work im trying to avoid, please feed me with some crispy reads!

I would focus more on Vanilla based rep rewards systems, where it felt like you were grinding out gear on a large scale. i.e you had to trek across the world to get mats and such.

inb4 make epics epic (rare to see) again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    I would focus more on Vanilla based rep rewards systems, where it felt like you were grinding out gear on a large scale. i.e you had to trek across the world to get mats and such.

I'm currently trying to get 10 Blood of the Mountain to build Sulfuras.
    Please, don't.

I would fix the random loot system. I don't like the idea about raiding for materials, but if every boss dropped one weapon token, one armour token and one accessory token for example that would make things a lot less frustrating for a lot of people.

I don't care what ghostcrawler thinks about random loot making it more exciting when what you want finally drops, the months of waiting while it doesn't makes it not fun.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    I'm currently trying to get 10 Blood of the Mountain to build Sulfuras.
    Please, don't.
    buy them do not farm them it totaly blows to kill those destroyers :P
    Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was... a drinker. And a fiend. And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that. Not-one-bit. So - me watching - he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it! Turns to me, and he says, "why so serious, son?" Comes at me with the knife... "Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth... "Let's put a smile on that face!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronoz View Post
    buy them do not farm them it totaly blows to kill those destroyers :P
    There are two up on my server's AH. 1000 gold each.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    I would fix the random loot system. I don't like the idea about raiding for materials, but if every boss dropped one weapon token, one armour token and one accessory token for example that would make things a lot less frustrating for a lot of people.

I don't care what ghostcrawler thinks about random loot making it more exciting when what you want finally drops, the months of waiting while it doesn't makes it not fun.
    And while we're at it why not make the tokens buyable from vendor instead of being drops from bosses. There's nothing more frustrating then having to do something to get gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post

Some epicer factions would be cool yeh. Some unique passive bonuses that you can grind up way past exalted. Extra gold per day, or more effective honor/xp farming, faster mounts.. anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd change the player base.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitan View Post
    And while we're at it why not make the tokens buyable from vendor instead of being drops from bosses. There's nothing more frustrating then having to do something to get gear...
    Don't confuse the issue, the last thing I want is for more gear to be handed out to people who don't deserve it. I just don't like seeing gear going to offspecs or getting sharded when the boss could be dropping important upgrades for someone, and I doubt that I'm the only one.

id redesign EVERY-SINGLE spell texture
    Quote Originally Posted by Synwyn View Post
    My first raiding guild, way back in Vanilla WoW - Kaywarrior was our DPS warrior. After a billion Nef kills, Ashkandi finally dropped. He jerked off on vent. Literally jerked off while keyed in. Best moment ever.
    Indeed.