The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

prepaid cards and gold.

wanted to ask you guys, How much gold is a prepaid card worth in the europian servers

I used to see offers for 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurth View Post
    I used to see offers for 4k.
    What? Really? O.o

On my server (Boulderfist-EU) a guy we had used to sell them for less than 2k gold, and a friend guildie was at 1k gold for 1

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    i guess the problem now is, i cant remember how much gold ive got, and the chances of finding someone from my server (skullcrusher-EU) are kinda low. givin the fact that my account is closed and every single shop that sells cards has run out :S

It's worth 10k goldfarmer-gold but i guess no one would pay that.

10+ Year Old Account
    4k gold for a gamecard damn why aren't these ppl on kilrogg lol free wow time!

Isn't it dangerously close to breaking the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    After a quick check, yes, speaking about such an exchange in game leads to your account getting banned. Same goes with speaking about exchanging ingame gold to anything IRL.

Once got banned because of talking about euros with my friend, we were talking in finnish so the GM's didn't understand what we talked about but we both got banned for a while, until they investigated and learned that we were talking about the cost of concert tickets in finnish (had a gig next week, lol).
    Actually I think it probably is better than buying gold from Chinese goldfarmers, since presumably your gold is legit, and thus it doesn't upset the economy on the server. It's a bit like buying TCG loot codes for in-game gold, which I think is allowed. But it is definitely a dark-grey area...

I can imagine this being against the rules, but it's better than buying gold and all of the profits go directly to Blizzard.
    Cake!

Deleted
    awwww, 4k gold, I could play for free

Quote Originally Posted by Ammikaameri View Post
    That is in the greyzone yes, and if they would have intented players to be able to trade them, they wouldn't be bind on pickups. I wouldn't discuss about that ingame either.
    Haven't they recently changed them to be BoU, so that now they are tradeable in AH?

rly? ive paid 12.5k for one 2 month sub card a few times during last xmas-new year, the average price of game cards that i bought is about 10k and i bought 2 years of subscription from 1/2010-12/2011.
    make no mistake, oldy with a super profitable profession like jc have a ton of gold lying around.

I payed 5k for one for RAF like 4 months ago, a 90 day one or something. too bad its just sitting on an unused account