Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BRD + Recruit a Friend = One full clear makes you outlevel the dungeon

Agreed, but I also noticed that once I reached Outland and Northrend, my tanks and DPS were so spoiled by the ease of the nerfed Vanilla instances that the later instances, especially Northrend, were wipe fests. Nobody seems willing to learn the fight mechanics, listent to strategy or focus fire, which for many LFD groups post-70 is necessary.

I don`t think their to short, just finished BRD on my shaman, full clear, no wipes in like 1,5 hours or so only me and the tank had BoA gear

Quote Originally Posted by mickloven View Post
    Agreed, but I also noticed that once I reached Outland and Northrend, my tanks and DPS were so spoiled by the ease of the nerfed Vanilla instances that the later instances, especially Northrend, were wipe fests. Nobody seems willing to learn the fight mechanics, listent to strategy or focus fire, which for many LFD groups post-70 is necessary.
    It's funny. I've had the exact opposite problem. People are so used to the ZOMG RUSH!!! mentality of heroics that they attempt to apply that to an instance before tanks have real aoe capabilities. >_< I tanked more as a healer then the tank did. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zharkoon View Post
    totally offtopic but, seriously i need to play that super mario pokemon stuff in ur signature
    So do it. ^_^

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 10:30 PM ----------

Heh, thanks Maag. Now I got a whole long webcomic to waste my night on. XD
    Last edited by videogamerpat; 2010-06-21 at 08:37 PM.

I hate gnomeregan with a passion! I don't care how easy they make it, I still hate that place!

I dont mind gnomeregan.

Its mostly because that place burned a terrible trauma in my mind... the dark iron dwarves.. they haunt my dreams...

If the instances you mentioned are taking that long to finish, you're being teamed up with below average players.

It takes 20-25mins to finish Gnomeragan and Sunken temple doesnt take that long if you know the correct path. Yes wailing caverns is a bit larger.

I'd love to see a BRD Comeback. Best instance/zone to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously, how many people here without looking it up know how to open the door in the bar room without a rogue? 95% of most pugs for that instance disbanded after the bar room and because of that, for the longest time I actually thought that was the end of the instance. I could keep going but this is just bringing up bad memory's.

Buy the beers off the one goblin dude and give them to the dwarf sitting across from him. After like 5 or something he gets up and breaks open the door.

I loved the hell outta this instance definately my favorite 5 man dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by mickloven View Post
    This is very true, though healing is also excessively easy in these dungeons (I remember not having to cast a single healing spell during the final boss of Uldaman). I think the first wall people hit is Scholomance. Most people don't even bother with it anymore, but when I leveled my resto druid through the dungeon finder last winter I really wanted to go there for old time's sake (I even took the time to do the long quest for the key, even though it's totally useless now). We went through 3 tanks before one of them took it seriously enough to properly tank it to the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember that one time I was in BRD on my enhance shaman. It was after patch 2.4 but pre-3.0.2. A guildie of mine at that time was leveling his hunter and asked in gchat if anyone would run him through BRD. Predictably, no response which left me reluctantly raising my hand. So we form a group and make our way to the dungeon and start the place at around 8:30pm (PDT). Approximately 6 hours later (six!), we finally come out of that place. Why'd it take so long? Uhm, because the dungeon is pretty big and confusing, those mobs still hit fairly hard at 70, both of us got lost a few times, I had to rez the guy I was running through several times...

I told him in no uncertain terms was I ever going back to place. It was only until this year that I actually did go in there. xD

10+ Year Old Account
    dire maul is still pretty bad. i got to heal DK's who cant tank.

Quote Originally Posted by jimlow View Post
    Seriously, how many people here without looking it up know how to open the door in the bar room without a rogue?
    1) Get a rogue to pick lock
    2) Buy beer, give to dwarf, he will knock it down (preferred, extra boss)
    3) kill bartender, get lucky as hell that the key dropped
    4) Do the waitress' quest and she'll open it for free every run though

I loved that place. Also, you can skip the vast majority of it, you arent forced to clear the dungeon or most bosses to get to the end.

I really hate those old long dungeons. ><

For old times sake, I did reg Shattered Halls with two level 67 dps, a level 67 badly geared feral tank, me (level 68 holy priest) and a 69 ret pally. Luckily, all the dps were CCers, but man, that was the funnest I've had in WoW, seeing everything go right after 2-3 wipes on the centurions and the groups of like 8 next to them, was just amazing. I want more SH-like dungeons!
    Soviet Russia was merely a setback!

Relys Sunwalker
    Rakzor Frostwolf
    Descle Dubraig

I remember doing a full Maraudon run back in the days... took me nearly 6hours. But Princess run and BRD were and still are my favorite instances.

It also brings back leveling i remember when i first leveled a toon id devote friday night as 'go do a dungeon night' for leveling, at six or so id pug some people, and go do the instance if it was a good group we would do it again. Now if i wanted to i can do 5 instances in that amount of time as long as i dont get a long one, i remember a got a group for killing 1 boss in BRD and we decided to clear every single boss, took two hours but it reminded me of the good old days in a way, and the group was good and the people were nice.
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2010-06-22 at 04:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by p75369 View Post
    I don't get why people complain that they're long. It's not as if they're long because 500miles of running between each pull, they're long because there's alot of mobs to kill. Which means lots of XP. Which means lots of levelling.

You can see why people complain that the heroics may be too long, after all, for most the end is all that matters. But when levelling, the journey is just as, if not more, important than the end.
    Because when you've killed the same pack of 4 mobs 100 times, it gets kinda boring.

It's interesting I just leveled mainly with the dungeon finder from 15-63(so far) and some of my favorite dungeons are ones I used to hate while some of the ones I loved before I hate now.

perfect example: BRD, I hated this zone and never ran it but with the changes to gear an upper city run isn't that bad anymore.

now when I realized BRD: Prison was going to be one of them I got excited, A short instance again! But this was probably the most boring queue to get.

Another boring one: SM Graveyard. Ran it 50 times was done with the satchel after the 5th time, so boring.

Now I'm in outlands and they aren't too long not too short but *shrug* would prefer another couple BRD upper city runs
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggity
    I think it's awesome that you tried to quantify 'epic fail' into an equation ;D