Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Spiritwalker's Grace

Currently it is:

When this self-buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement or your own attacks. This will allow you to move while still doing damage or healing when it is necessary. Instant cast. 10 second duration. 2 minutes cooldown.

It's good, I know this is still in alpha and it can change, I like it but I do have an idea for it. The big problem I see with it is the 2min cool down. It's great that we can move while casting spells, but in a lot of fights the 2min CD is a bummer. What I would suggest would be the following:

When this self-buff is active, your spells are no longer interrupted by movement or your own attacks. This will allow you to move while still doing damage or healing when it is necessary. Instant cast. 8 second duration AND only lasts for 2 spells. 20 second cooldown.

This way we will have more use out of it and will help for mobility fights. Feel free to comment/suggest.

I like it the way it is. 20 second CD would be WAY OP. In my eyes this is an oh shit button for PvE healing, a "solve the turret problem" on movement fights for DPS, and a "ZOMG blow all your CDs, burst, kill WHILE running away" PVP talent. I like it and hope it stays the same.

I don't really like it, doesn't solve turret dps problems we will get to use it 1ce 2ce maybe 3 times per fight kinda lame imo

Edit: unleash weapon will probably help /shrug
    Last edited by Volitar; 2010-06-22 at 04:15 AM.
    Hi Sephurik

I actually like it the way it is right now.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kslap/advanced
    Tera - Kuroneko - 60 Berserker - Mount Tyrannas, Active since CB1

I like it. It's not supposed to be a part of your rotation, used every 20 seconds. Get over it. It's a great "oh shit" button just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitar View Post
    I don't really like it, doesn't solve turret dps problems we will get to use it 1ce 2ce maybe 3 times per fight kinda lame imo
    Oh dear, can only use it 3 times a fight...wait what? Other classes have those nice instants that, what...do equal damage to standing still targets? No, it's supplemental to their basic stand and cast technique, barring heavy dot classes, but this is a separate issue...do you want to be a dot class? Think of casting 3 Lightning Bolts, a CL and a Lava Burst while still moving away from the target...or even better, TOWARD it?

This is a super neat idea, and shaman have to resign to the fact most of their damage comes in the form of large burst while standing still...if you want to move half the time, roll affliction lock.

Oh, and this is only touching dps, don't even get me started on healing while moving...spamming LHW while kiting that warrior?
    Last edited by Jamber; 2010-06-22 at 04:23 AM. Reason: added healing line

it can't solve the ele turret problem and the enh mobility problem by being on a 2 minute CD...blizzard to stupid to say that it would and you're not thinking if you think it will...the fights where we suffer because of movement the most are fights where 8 seconds of decent mobility every 2 min won't save us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    it can't solve the ele turret problem and the enh mobility problem by being on a 2 minute CD...blizzard to stupid to say that it would and you're not thinking if you think it will...the fights where we suffer because of movement the most are fights where 8 seconds of decent mobility every 2 min won't save us...
    Not every Class/Spec will excel on every fight. And in my experience, on my Ele Shaman alt and running with an Ele Shaman in my main's group, the "turret problem" is not enough of a problem to make Shamans uncompetitive. Changing the ability to make Shamans mobile every 20 seconds would be absolutely overpowered.

I can really only see this being useful for Ele pvp if you are trying to kill a healer who keeps LOSing you. other than that.. not very useful for ele pvp which upsets me a bit.

Spiritwalker's Grace is pretty awful in it's current state. Great idea, but needs alot of tweaking. You might think your a badass when you pop that 2min cd and start running/casting.....until I wind shear you or my partner charges and stuns you the second you start casting.

For SWG to be a worthy ability it needs a few things....
    -Immune to interupts during the duration
    -Increase chance (or immunity) to snares/roots
    -Shorter cd.

i think the combination of those three would be totally OP.

shorter cd? ok
    snare-resist/immunity during it´s duration? ok

immune to interrupt? OP

especially for specs without a stun/silence/good cc, mostly other shamans, it´d be totally over the top in pvp.

but i bet there will be half a dozen stun/silence/cc whatever abilities given to every other class just to make spirit walkers insignificant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunwolf View Post
    Spiritwalker's Grace is pretty awful in it's current state. Great idea, but needs alot of tweaking. You might think your a badass when you pop that 2min cd and start running/casting.....until I wind shear you or my partner charges and stuns you the second you start casting.

-Shorter cd.
    That's no different from how it is now, you just have to be smart about when you use it. It's just like popping other CDs (EM, racials, etc) and being CC'd.

It sounds to me what a lot of you people want is an actual IWIN button. I enjoy playing a class that doesn't have one, TBH.

i really dont like the idea of this ability too much i can see you running away from someone and casting and there still beating ur head in because of lack of pvp utility.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most, if not all of the new spells, are supposed to be situational utility spells, not rotational core spells.

Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i really dont like the idea of this ability too much i can see you running away from someone and casting and there still beating ur head in because of lack of pvp utility.
    I don't think we really lack utility. In comparison to some casters *cough* frost mages *cough* we do, but not in general. From what we already know from the Shaman previews, we will have some sort of knockdown (earthquake or w/e), and even higher burst damage than we already do (Elemental Overload, Lava Surge). Let's not forget whatever role Unleash Weapon will play in PVP (specifically with frostbrand). Also, the new glyph system.

Add all of that to what we already have:

Hex, Astral Shift, AoE roots, two forms of slows, ghost wolf, Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem, Grounding Totem, and probably some other things I'm forgetting.

I think we are shaping up quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    Oh dear, can only use it 3 times a fight...wait what? Other classes have those nice instants that, what...do equal damage to standing still targets? No, it's supplemental to their basic stand and cast technique, barring heavy dot classes, but this is a separate issue...do you want to be a dot class? Think of casting 3 Lightning Bolts, a CL and a Lava Burst while still moving away from the target...or even better, TOWARD it?

This is a super neat idea, and shaman have to resign to the fact most of their damage comes in the form of large burst while standing still...if you want to move half the time, roll affliction lock.

Oh, and this is only touching dps, don't even get me started on healing while moving...spamming LHW while kiting that warrior?
    No i would just like a little help with getting roflstomped on any fight that includes movement
    Hi Sephurik

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

-Shorter cd.
    I can see a Major glyph being added which might add one of those things. Fullblown immunity to interrupts/snares is a bit OP, but a high chance to resist either would be within reason, assuming you were giving up a potentially greater straight DPS increase with a different glyph.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spiritwalker's Grace in PvE terms is fine, maybe with a bit too long cooldown, but it's about tweaking.

in PvP terms indeed, it's good idea about that skill but yes, it's missing something, something which makes it harder to counter
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Meh maybe with unleash weapon, refreshing flame shock ( or frost shocking), ele mastery, spirit walkers grace and re dropping totems it wont be so bad...but all i can think of is firefighter where we would still be screwed
    Hi Sephurik