Resto and Frost badges

First off here is my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...edivh&n=Sissie

I just started playing my shaman again and wondering which i should get?

Im looking at either the belt( http://www.wowhead.com/item=50992 ), or the trinket ( http://www.wowhead.com/item=50358 ), those look like the best two upgrades, but im not sure.

Any help would be awesome!
    Last edited by popcapking; 2010-06-21 at 06:46 PM.

Belt.

The trinket is OK, but nowhere near mandatory upgrade. go grab Energy siphon from ulduar (flame leviathan) in the meantime;

PLD has a 45 sec internal cooldown so it can only pop 2 times per minute (for the first minute), and once/minute after that. It works out to be about 76 MP5
    Last edited by Wonderdrug; 2010-06-22 at 01:30 PM. Reason: dumb

A few days late here but please don't buy anything before you get your 4p tier 10

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy anything else unless you have 4x T10. Everything else is a big mistake
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhoof View Post
    Don't buy anything else unless you have 4x T10. Everything else is a big mistake
    Agree, 4pc of 10 is prio
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Incorrect.

The 4pc is nice but when you really look at the meters after a raid, it only gives you about 6-7% more effective healing which will not make or break you. The rest of it, or the majority of it, is in fact overhealing and not being useful. Unless you are running nasty crit and tons of haste its useless. Now, 4pc is nice if you are just getting back into your shaman as you said but dont waste the badges on gloves/pants for obvious reasons... If you are resto then either pug or spend the $$ on Belt of the Blood Nova; 10x better'n the frost badge one. The Totem is nice, as it increases spell power by 285 after 3 riptides, the cloak is nice as well... Two essential upgrades. Currently I raid with 1315 haste (using a diff. totem) and 4385 spell power, not using the 4 pc and its very hard for other healers, even Paladins, to come close to keeping up with me. Just some food for thought.

on my restoshaman... i got 2piece t10 to start with, got the healingtrinket... and the totem.

now im going for 4piece

Quote Originally Posted by Khumquat View Post
    Incorrect.

The 4pc is nice but when you really look at the meters after a raid, it only gives you about 6-7% more effective healing which will not make or break you. The rest of it, or the majority of it, is in fact overhealing and not being useful. Unless you are running nasty crit and tons of haste its useless. Now, 4pc is nice if you are just getting back into your shaman as you said but dont waste the badges on gloves/pants for obvious reasons... If you are resto then either pug or spend the $$ on Belt of the Blood Nova; 10x better'n the frost badge one. The Totem is nice, as it increases spell power by 285 after 3 riptides, the cloak is nice as well... Two essential upgrades. Currently I raid with 1315 haste (using a diff. totem) and 4385 spell power, not using the 4 pc and its very hard for other healers, even Paladins, to come close to keeping up with me. Just some food for thought.
    The totem should be the last thing you get, if ever. 3 Riptides = 18 seconds to get 285 spell power. Totem of Calming Tides which gives a chance for your Chain Heal to increase your spell power by 234 spell power for 15 seconds. Assuming 50% haste (which is entirely doable for a shaman raiding ICC 25) your Chain Heal takes 1.75sec to cast. In 18 seconds you can cast 10 Chain Heals. The proc rate is 70% with an 8 sec ICD. If all you do is spam Chain Heal, which is what most shamans do, Totem of Calming Tides has a 90%+ uptime. Plus, your math is wrong, 85x3 = 255.

Totem of the Surging Sea is only useful for Valithria.

Deleted
    You can keep up ToSS in every fight just fine except BQL. Festergut and some parts of Sindragosa/LK require a Riptide where you wouldn't quite want it to keep the buff rolling. ToCT also sucks for VDW! It will fall off during the portal phases but ToSS can be kept up 100% of the time after you reach 3 stacks.

Also, be aware about the badge belt. Resto Shamans need a basic amount of Mp5 to function and there are some great Mp5/haste belts in ICC10/25.

Don't get the totem. It amounts to a 21 spellpower difference and frankly it's harder to maintain than the 245 totem, as other posters have mentioned.

I would get the 264 pvp cloak with haste before buying the frost badge one...60k honor super easy to grind. I like PLD for mana issues, and it's easier to get than Solace, but if you've got good trinkets. Sad to see that you got the belt before getting 4 piece T10, or at least 2 piece T10. 4pc gives me around 10% heals, and it is a BIG upgrade. You might be hesitant to buy tier when other pieces seem like a bigger upgrade, but you could have bought the BoE belt (which almost no one in the raid ever needs) and started working on tier, since tier will be expensive to pick up.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect.

The 4pc is nice but when you really look at the meters after a raid, it only gives you about 6-7% more effective healing
    Your chain heal is broken then, for my its 11-12%
    http://spamheal.wordpress.com/

SpamHeal – Restoration shaman & not only Blog
    Shaman mechanic, theory and practice blog.

Deleted
    Always get 2p t10. If your doing 10m content don't bother getting 4p straight away. If doing 25m then go for 4p.
    Shoulders, chest or helm. Then choose between gloves and legs (probaly gloves then get the crafted legs)

If 10m only:
    After getting 2p get trinket then totem.
    (4p in 10m is not so important as you wont be using chain heal that much)

10/25:
    Get 4p then go for trinket/totem.

Even if people here have doubted the power (WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS) of our t10 4p, it will still give you alot more healing then a belt/trinket/etc upgrade would.

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post
    Always get 2p t10. If your doing 10m content don't bother getting 4p straight away. If doing 25m then go for 4p.
    Shoulders, chest or helm. Then choose between gloves and legs (probaly gloves then get the crafted legs)

If 10m only:

10/25:

Even if people here have doubted the power (WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS) of our t10 4p, it will still give you alot more healing then a belt/trinket/etc upgrade would.
    It's not even just the raw healing power, but it can be used situationaly as well. Pop tidal force before massive AoE damage (pungent blight, bloodbolt whirl, etc) and throw some chain heals around. You might not get a HoT on everyone, but you'll get quite a few out.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are resto then either pug or spend the $$ on Belt of the Blood Nova; 10x better'n the frost badge one. The Totem is nice, as it increases spell power by 285 after 3 riptides, the cloak is nice as well... Two essential upgrades. Currently I raid with 1315 haste (using a diff. totem) and 4385 spell power, not using the 4 pc and its very hard for other healers, even Paladins, to come close to keeping up with me.
    Omg, pls do NOT, never ever, post this again! it's just WRONG

1) Bloodnova Belt is crap since it has haste/mp5. The badge-belt is far better because auf haste/crit.
    2) Badge-cloak is crap because is doesn't have haste/crit. better get 264 PvP cloak with haste, which is far better
    3) the totem is just an upgrade of a spellpower over the 245 totem, which is why it shouldb e the last thing to upgrade

Sorry mate, but you just suggested quite the opposite of which is the best :/
    R.A.I.D - Resto at its destiny

Quote Originally Posted by pearroc View Post

If 10m only:

10/25:

You'll want to get the t10 pants and the cloth badge gloves with sp/haste/crit. Only thing better than the gloves is from heroic 25 man Festergut. They have mp5 but the upgrade in haste and spell power is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion I would say work on 4pc T10...If your lucky get the belt from 25 Saru for free(like i did) and get lucky on the pants (VOA25) too. but..THe shoulders are the first peice that i got (but you dont have to follow my example) Im still stuck with 2 peices of T9...Ugh 95 frost badges for chest and 60 for gloves. Thankfully the gloves drop from voa 10 or 25..so we're luck there. (Legs and Gloves drop from VOA 10/25) (People say they are the worst part of the set) But then all I have to do is save up for my chest if I get the gloves from VOA10/25.

Imo...I'd say if you wanted to. Get The trinket. Saving up Frost badges is rough if you dont know already (well for me it is) And yes save your totem till last. Its nice. It puts you up there in the healing meters somewhat but not really.

---------- Post added 2010-06-30 at 08:33 PM ----------

What madhoof said ^: Responce
    In my opinion its all Just that...opinion. If your pve..You shouldnt have to go for a pvp cloak. Its all determined on your playstyle. Come on Madhoof. :/ lol
    Last edited by Zelerena; 2010-06-30 at 08:35 PM.

Deleted
    1) Bloodnova Belt is crap since it has haste/mp5. The badge-belt is far better because auf haste/crit.
    It depends on your options for your other slots. 264 neck, bracers, cape and belt all support both haste/crit or haste/mp5 items. So using the belt slot for Mp5 or crit really depends on how much you sacrifice to get however much mp5 you need using the other slots. 277 BotBN is definately BiS, since so few slots at 277 have Mp5.
    Last edited by mmoc3182fef16d; 2010-06-30 at 09:46 PM.