Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamph View Post
    The green ooze is DPS'ed down before it reaches its second target usually. And the green ooze target can be very aware of the situation, but if he gets targeted by Malleable Goo there is not much he can do (assuming its not a pally/mage). Considering you are immobilized.
    Should be down before it reaches the first target. L2Position. Your DMB should be alerting who the goo is flying at, so DPS can peel off.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Why

Quote Originally Posted by Mahican View Post
    Kara = TBC =/= vanilla
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    I have no idea what this is supposed to mean and I feel like I should.
    Some1 posted "Never raided in vanilla" and the guy I quoted said "ever did prince in kara in T4", its the same as saying "LK hero has no RNG because I killed Illidan", there is no connection between Vanilla and dealing with RNG of Prince. I felt that I needed to point out that the Prince fight is from TBC-content and not the orginal WoW-content.

You know you don't have to stack up on the green ooze target instantly after he gets targeted?

I didnt read the 3rd page so if someone already posted this I'm sorry.

How about you try killing the ooze, oh I dont know...BEFORE the phase change. The fight is almost entirly designed around raid control. Obviously you raid with tards who cant control when to phase change a boss. You dont just blow Prof. up and hope for the best. You have to careuflly time when to burn him so you DO NOT get an ooze at the start of a new phase.
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

Quote Originally Posted by Avarathion View Post
    You can't really expect that there are that many of us oldschool players left in the world of Azeroth.
    There are more of us than many people realize.

Your raid/leaders are unable to find a solution to a simple problem that has happened more then once
    Your raid is unable to react and think for themselves.
    /thread

Deleted
    okay, why do people insist that there should not be an ooze up in phase 3 (which is correct), when the OP is talking about right BEFORE phase 3?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll View Post
    i might be wrong, but i think you are doing normal mode. at witch point, you all need to get a lot better because with the buff he is faceroll on heroic.
    No, he's not faceroll on heroic. Not even close actually. I've downed him on heroic on two toons, but both times were after a couple wipes due to people learning the mechanics. It's a fairly easy fight on heroic, but certainly not faceroll. Hyperbole only makes you look stupid.

Put is one of the few solid fights in ICC. In fact, it's one of the few that is not a complete joke.

I like the PP encounter...it reminds me of Sunwell. The one badly designed if you ask me is anub 25 hc, guilds who clear 11/12 icc 25 hard modes still cant kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    okay, why do people insist that there should not be an ooze up in phase 3 (which is correct), when the OP is talking about right BEFORE phase 3?
    Splash and dots can push it? I'm not sure, no oozes up at any phase change should just be a given. Shit happens, but thems the bteaks.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    No, he's not faceroll on heroic. Not even close actually. I've downed him on heroic on two toons, but both times were after a couple wipes due to people learning the mechanics. It's a fairly easy fight on heroic, but certainly not faceroll. Hyperbole only makes you look stupid.
    No really, he's been faceroll since 15%.
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------

Quote Originally Posted by Snowmist View Post
    I like the PP encounter...it reminds me of Sunwell. The one badly designed if you ask me is anub 25 hc, guilds who clear 11/12 icc 25 hard modes still cant kill him.
    Wouldn't that make it well designed because it's challenging? I've always thought AA was one of the more innovative encounters this expansion. PP, of course, is one of the best encounters in game right now, so that fact that the OP is complaining makes me question his/his guilds abilities.

prof is fine.
    one of the better fights in icc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sark View Post
    Wouldn't that make it well designed because it's challenging? I've always thought AA was one of the more innovative encounters this expansion. PP, of course, is one of the best encounters in game right now, so that fact that the OP is complaining makes me question his/his guilds abilities.
    Definitely agree with this, anub was pretty much the saving grace of the whole instance. The main thing that pissed off people about toc wasn't how hard he was, it was that he was a difficult boss with loot tied to how many attempts you took to down him. Get an untimely d/c or an unlucky stun resist and you could easily lose your insanity cloak.

The guilds that can clear 11/12 icc hard modes and can't kill anub have basically either been carried by the buff or haven't spent very much time attempting him. He's a huge pushover now that you should only get 1 burrow, making his enrage a non-issue (spam heal away!). A guild's lack of a block set tank (which also isn't a strict necessity ) is probably the larger limiting factor than his design or difficulty.

Good things about PP: Hard encounter due to target switching, boss movement, "random" factor of the oozes, etc.
    Bad things about PP: Encounter 100% built around phase transitions at the right time. Or how about the 3rd tank doing absolutely nothing throughout the first two phases of the fight?

In all the fights that have mechanics driven by the boss hitting a certain hp %, it's progressively more frustrating when transitioning at the "wrong time" basically causes a wipe. PP throws down an ooze and then immediately phase transitions either stunning everyone making the next phase a crap shoot or summoning 2 more ooze's where your Abom can't possibly slow them.

"Just stop dps! Duh!"

Yes, tell everyone, including that warlock/spriest/etc with dots up, to stop dps with 4 seconds left on the timer because you'll end up being 80k health short. But hey, wipe and run back ... -1 attempt and more importantly -10 minutes of time running back and rebuffing.

Throw that onto these fights that have the offtank doing nothing for the first 2 phases of a fight and you start questioning the design of the fight.

So, no, it's not a perfect fight design. I honestly can't call any of these previous things a "challenge" of the encounter.

Having OTs sit around for a large chunk of a fight is nothing new. And you do realize that 80k health is a fraction of a second of raid DPS, right? You shouldn't be cutting the transition that tight anyways. I mean, christ, slimes are on, what, 30-45 second spawn arnt they? (Something like that, I forgot >_>) That is PLENTY of time to set up a proper transition.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good news everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jothrazz View Post
    Have you met heroic LK. thats rng to another level
    Absolutely this. Had several wipes in 10 man the other night that were practically out of our hands. Damn the RNG gods.

There isn't that much devastating RNG on Lich King heroic unless your key role healers get chainpicked and you run out of cooldowns. Most of the "random" things can be countered by having the right tactic or reacting in time.