Friend was hacked

My friend was recently hacked, his characters were deleted the hackers also changed his account name, password, real life name attached to the account, secret question, and pretty much everything else that you can change. Blizzard customer support won't respond. He has emailed them. Is there anything he can do to speed up the process or get Blizzard to actually respond to him?

dam where is that guy that says there is no smart hackers he was in that other thread chatting that there are no smart hackers :S !

but thats heavy dude your friend got worked over hard :S never seen anyone get hacked that bad most of the time its just a password changed
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

You can't change the secret question or the name attatched. Only account name that can be changed is the bnet account name. He needs to call them and wait on hold for an hr or 2 to talk to someone.

they dont answer the phone anymore. It's "All of our available customer service representitives are busy at the moment helping other customers, please try again later" CLICK......and they hang up on you.

Quote Originally Posted by wetnoodl View Post
    they dont answer the phone anymore. It's "All of our available customer service representitives are busy at the moment helping other customers, please try again later" CLICK......and they hang up on you.
    This is what he is experiencing. There is no option to hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Laytnor View Post
    sup
    yooo there ya are ^^ hehe wel what do you think about this poor lads acc hacked by smart hacker ? or
    I DESERVE A FUCKING MEDAL !
    *unwraps it*
    omnomnom chocolate!!!...

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol re-roll.
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    My friend was recently hacked, his characters were deleted the hackers also changed his account name, password, real life name attached to the account, secret question, and pretty much everything else that you can change. Blizzard customer support won't respond. He has emailed them. Is there anything he can do to speed up the process or get Blizzard to actually respond to him?
    Sorry but you have to be a troll. or you are exageratting. You cant change the account name, you cant change the owners name. Im pretty sure you cant change the secret question or the email account that is associated with the account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Congratulations for finding a use for expendable casuals.

You can get all your friends to make tickets, there is strength in numbers ya know!

If anyone doesn't have a FREE authenticator at this point and get hacked my sypathy runs very low, on topic maybe your friend should just start a new account and never ever ever ever ever have the same password for your wow account and email.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

You can't change the account name. 0/10.

Quote Originally Posted by FireBorne View Post
    If anyone doesn't have a FREE authenticator at this point and get hacked my sypathy runs very low, on topic maybe your friend should just start a new account and never ever ever ever ever have the same password for your wow account and email.
    That's assuming they have a mobile device that's compatible with the mobile battle.net authenticator app. But, considering it takes easily 1-2 weeks on average to get your account back, the physical authenticator that costs less than $10 is well worth the peace of mind. Also, good tip on having separate e-mail and battle.net passwords. Most of my guildmates who have been compromised in the past were using the same password.

Proud Officer of Gwen Stefani on the Blackhand-US Realm

You can get all your friends to make tickets, there is strength in numbers ya know!
    Yeah, wasting even more time because they are going through useless tickets that have already been dealt with is a great idea. Making the time before they answer tickets even longer is sure to get your account back faster.

The process to get a hacked/banned account back takes about 3 days (assuming you had nothing to do with it getting banned in the first place) And can be done by e-mailing the blizzard support team. When the account is back from the dead you send in in-game petition to a GM. After the GM has responded it takes about 7 days to get the items missing returned. The account name and real-life name on the account cannot be changed however, this leads me to believe you either want attention or you have the facts wrong and your "friend" should be asking the questions not you.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    1. You can't change account name
    2. You can't change RL name
    3. You can't change secret question
    4. I smell bullshit

Deleted
    Have your friend create a thread about the issue on the official World of Warcraft forums for his region.

Another good way to resolve this issue would be to contact Blizzard Customer Support by phone. You can find a list of phonenumbers on one of these pages:

US support: http://us.blizzard.com/support/index...ategoryId=2317
    International support: http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...nal&rhtml=true