Thread: New Tattoo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    WHY would you put healing ointment on it!? I'm sure they told you 50 times after you got it done not to do that. The only thing you should be putting on it is unscented lotion.

Now after doing that with the healing ointment, after your tattoo scabs over in a few weeks, it's going to be permanently blotty, missing color and such. Have fun spending the same amount of money to get it redone again.

Actually, you're supposed to use some kind of healing ointment (A&D, etc.) for the first 2 or 3 days and after that use the non-scented lotion.

On topic, I like the tattoo. It looks really good. It looks like any other tribal design (to those who don't know) and thus you will be spared any ridicule except from the people who DO know what it means, apparently. I had always wanted something from Warcraft on my arm and was heavily looking at the Cult of the Damned icon shown on wowwiki.com as one as it would make an unbelievably awesome tattoo. I ended up getting an undead dragon on my arm as part of my sleeve (which is not Warcraft related). Was a part of my idea for the piece and is a quiet nod to Warcraft at the same time for me personally.

Also, I'm well aware Warcraft did not create the concept of undead dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by kalyynthefailadin View Post
    I like it. Was thinking about doing the same before I went back to alliance, but there are no good alliance tatoo designs. Except maybe and exodar crest. Wait a minute...

10+ Year Old Account
    Fool. I hope you will regret this one day, which you will!
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Quote Originally Posted by Swstrangler View Post
    How strange, maybe I missed the part where it IS the stuff that my artist gave me, and it IS the same stuff that both my wife and I used on our other ink and has worked perfectly for years...or maybe not.
    Perhaps he's not experienced. Healing ointment interrupts the healing/scabbing process, which in turn will ruin your tattoo. This is pretty common knowledge. I have an entire left sleeve done, and EVERY artist has told me time and time again to only use anti-bacterial soap to wash it for the first week, and then unscented lotion for the rest of the duration.

A simple google search about it turns up exactly what I'm telling you.

10+ Year Old Account
    For someone who doesnt really know what WoW is, they might just think its a cool symbol. But really nice lookin tat bro

I hope you roll alliance some day

Quote Originally Posted by Swstrangler View Post
    Yar! Still on Uldum?
    Nah I went to Ner'zhul and now sit on Shadowsong on my shaman with Nekcrotic. Where'd you end up?

I was thinking of getting a tattoo WoW related. I would have been torn, having to choose between Horde or Alliance.
    So I got a Metallica throwing star :3
    Maybe next time!
    *Poke*
    *Jiggle jiggle jiggle*

Quote Originally Posted by Visen View Post
    Actually, you're supposed to use some kind of healing ointment (A&D, etc.) for the first 2 or 3 days and after that use the non-scented lotion.
    Bingo!

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    Well sir, since you can see the future, perhaps you should go win the lottery or something more constructive than to flame people that you don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    sad

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    sad
    That is to say that you are sad that you don't have it on your arm? (troll fed; awaiting barrage)

Noo you did not!
    H E R O E S

\ "When I was a kid ... I used to wish some stranger would come and tell me my family wasn't really my family. They weren't bad people, they were just ... insignificant. And I wanted to be different. Special. I wanted to change. A new name, a new life. The watchmaker's son ... became a watchmaker. It is so futile. And I wanted to be ... important." \
    Sylar

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also from what i see tatto topic are the best way of trolling nowdays
    You dont get baned for it and you get anti-tatto vs pro-tatto fights for about 12 hours up to 3 days

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    sad
    Care to elaborate? I couldn't quite grasp the context of your one word post. You couldn't even be arsed to punctuate or capitalize either, stop trollin' bro.

Simply the fact that the OP had the balls to get a tattoo related to his interests should be enough to show even a smidget of respect.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWerebison View Post
    Looks neat. Just remember, though, you have to live with it.
    If im not mistakeing they invented a way to partialy remove em over a longer period ( might be wrong tho )

I'm pretty sure everyone here who thinks its sad and that OP is a giant nerd also hide that they play wow and desperately try to fit in.

Well, at least it looks better then Belgium's own Star Girl: http://www.clint.be/files/clint/nieu...erlymnm1_0.jpg

I have both the horde insignia and alliance crest tattoo'd, one on the back of each shoulder blade. You only live once.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    He can just say that it's a cool tribal symbol if someone asks.
    Looks neat still.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctadrew View Post
    If you have a tribal, foreign language (some exceptions), or a tramp stamp, you are an absolute tool.
    This