Unclean Surgical Gloves vs Rippling Flesh Kilt

So I've been stuck at an impass for a few days. I currently own all 5pc 264 sanct of my resto set. For a long time I've been using 4pc 264 + heroic leggings (kilt) from putricide.

I know the BIS is 4pc 277 + USG. I picked them up about a week ago. Currently I'm rolling 3pc 264 + 1pc 277 + kilt.

I looked at the effects of swapping the legs out for the 264pc and using 277 gloves. It came out to be

-68 Crit (1.48%)
    -2 Spell Power
    11 Int
    11 Sta
    47 MP5
    41 Armor
    4 Haste (0.12%)

With that setup I run about

SP: 3071
    Crit Chance: 41.27%
    Haste Rating: 1307
    Mana Regen: 226/126 (no WS or solace)

How many resto shamans have equipped the gloves right away? HEP wise, it seems like a loss until I can replace the other pieces. Interested to see what others think.

keeping in mind your haste, your above the soft cap, so there is really no need for more haste, now its up to you on swapping out crit for the small amount of tiny of int and large mp5, personally i'd keep the crit. unless you're actually running short of mana quite often i'd go with int and mp5

Thanks for the reply. After all the HEP reports, haste still has a value of 2.5-2.6 vs SP. I obviously do the majority of healing through CH so additional haste only helps it past 1269. Mana hasn't really been an issue as we run a dedicated healer group with 2 priest and 2 shamans in it, so 2 hymns and 2 tides.

I tried playing around with additional spell power out of curiosity, but found that nothing really changed other than dropping larger heals which when you run with priest/druids ended up being overheal

Yeah, there is definitely a need for haste beyond 1269, unless you are pretty much 100% tank healing, and never using CH.

Anyway, the reason why BiS has you using 277 USG and 277 legs for the 4pc bonus is that there is ZERO alternatives for 277 legs. There are cloth legs with hit, and leather legs with spirit. There are NO mail SP legs that drop from a boss in ICC 25.

The differences are fairly negligible, but you end up trading 10 haste and 60 crit for 23 sp, 49 mp5, and 16 int, if you compare 277 tier pants + USG to 277 tier gloves and crafted legs. For heroic LK that extra Mp5 is actually worth quite a bit IMO. 10 haste is "meh", and a little more than 1% crit I don't think is really equal to all the other stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Y-

Anyway, the reason why BiS has you using 277 USG and 277 legs for the 4pc bonus is that there is ZERO alternatives for 277 legs. There are cloth legs with hit, and leather legs with spirit. There are NO mail SP legs that drop from a boss in ICC 25.
    Lack of mail SP legs in ICC 25 doesn't matter.

If you can kill heroic Festergut in 25 it's safe to assume you can kill heroic Festergut in 10 man. He drops cloth pants, Kilt of Untreated Wounds that are identical to heroic Rippling Flesh Kilt. If for whatever reason you can't get Heroic Ferstergut 10 man or heroic Putricide 10 man, Leggings of Woven Death are worth 2 more HEP than both of them.

It really is just a choice between mp5 or no mp5. Non-set gloves has higher HEP but only because of the presence of mp5. If you do not need the mp5, off-set legs provides lesser HEP, a little more haste and a large amount of crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    Lack of mail SP legs in ICC 25 doesn't matter.

If you can kill heroic Festergut in 25 it's safe to assume you can kill heroic Festergut in 10 man. He drops cloth pants, Kilt of Untreated Wounds that are identical to heroic Rippling Flesh Kilt. If for whatever reason you can't get Heroic Ferstergut 10 man or heroic Putricide 10 man, Leggings of Woven Death are worth 2 more HEP than both of them.

It really is just a choice between mp5 or no mp5. Non-set gloves has higher HEP but only because of the presence of mp5. If you do not need the mp5, off-set legs provides lesser HEP, a little more haste and a large amount of crit.
    Well since we're talking about BiS and HEP here, let's assume you're working on HLK or will be shortly. You WILL need the mp5 for that.

In any case, way back when, before I had 277 tier I used tier gloves for 4pc and the crafted legs. As it is now, I'm sitting at 1337 (1405 if you count engi gloves) haste and a little less than 50% crit raid buffed. The mp5 is definitely worth it for me. For a lot of fights, with dual solace it's definitely overkill, but for LK it's worth it.

If you look at the rest of the BiS list for resto you'd notice the majority of the pieces do not have mp5. You get an obscene amount of mana in the BiS gear that you wont notice the mp5. I'm not saying stick to the BiS list and nothing else, if you need the mp5, get the mp5. If you don't need it, don't get it, simple as that.

If you look at the rest of the BiS list for resto you'd notice the majority of the pieces do not have mp5. You get an obscene amount of mana in the BiS gear that you wont notice the mp5. I'm not saying stick to the BiS list and nothing else, if you need the mp5, get the mp5. If you don't need it, don't get it, simple as that.
    Uh yeah, that's the point. What I'm saying "USG + 277 pants" IS the BiS list...

Well since we're talking about BiS and HEP here, let's assume you're working on HLK or will be shortly. You WILL need the mp5 for that.

In any case, way back when, before I had 277 tier I used tier gloves for 4pc and the crafted legs. As it is now, I'm sitting at 1337 (1405 if you count engi gloves) haste and a little less than 50% crit raid buffed. The mp5 is definitely worth it for me. For a lot of fights, with dual solace it's definitely overkill, but for LK it's worth it.
    That's pretty much exactly where I am. I've been using the tier gloves(264)+heroic kilt and rock about 1304 atm. We're currently working on Sindragosa H (18% so far) and probably see HLK soon. If I equip the gloves and use set legs, I'll be around 50% crit raid buffed, down from 52% ish. I have the normal solace (H Jaraxxus just apparently thinks we have 0 healers) and heroic abacus.

I guess what I was looking for is, even since they are part of the BIS set, is it worth equipping them right away, or just waiting till I fill out the remaining 3 pieces with the 277 tier. It's really hard to say personally, but I guess the worst case is i lose a chunk of crit.

unless you don't need the mp5, then the off-set pants are the BiS list.

Could always just pick up both and swap depending on the fight, especially since the off-set pants, be it cloth crafted, heroic Fester 10 or heroic Putricide 10 are all easy to get if you can get the 277 gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner007 View Post
    That's pretty much exactly where I am. I've been using the tier gloves(264)+heroic kilt and rock about 1304 atm. We're currently working on Sindragosa H (18% so far) and probably see HLK soon. If I equip the gloves and use set legs, I'll be around 50% crit raid buffed, down from 52% ish. I have the normal solace (H Jaraxxus just apparently thinks we have 0 healers) and heroic abacus.

I guess what I was looking for is, even since they are part of the BIS set, is it worth equipping them right away, or just waiting till I fill out the remaining 3 pieces with the 277 tier. It's really hard to say personally, but I guess the worst case is i lose a chunk of crit.
    Probably not if you factor socket bonuses in. All the other stats are kind of negligible so, you'd basically be trading 1.5% crit for 47 mp5. I'd honestly say it's more personal preference until you get 277 tier. If you want to wear your shiny new gloves, go for it =D. It's really not going to hurt/help your healing much one way or the other TBH. If you don't have dual solace, I'd say you definitely want the extra mp5 for LK though.

p.s. Yeah Jaraxxus is a dick, we went 8 long months without him dropping a solace after the first 2 we got.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 12:49 PM ----------

unless you don't need the mp5, then the off-set pants are the BiS list.

Could always just pick up both and swap depending on the fight, especially since the off-set pants, be it cloth crafted, heroic Fester 10 or heroic Putricide 10 are all easy to get if you can get the 277 gloves.
    It really doesn't matter, it's not worth swapping out for the extra haste when you're full 277, it's not really going to do much.

Example with "too much" mp5: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=4873&e=5113

Quote Originally Posted by atimuscalamity View Post
    keeping in mind your haste, your above the soft cap, so there is really no need for more haste, now its up to you on swapping out crit for the small amount of tiny of int and large mp5, personally i'd keep the crit. unless you're actually running short of mana quite often i'd go with int and mp5
    Sorry but I was under the understanding that HASTE being the highest value would always be better than the other options depending on the fight. Obviously fights like HM LK require a mix of both Haste + Mana return to last the whole time.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ins&cn=Kalanii

Kalanii from <Vodka> is at 1342 haste with double solace for the regen.

Now there is no need for more haste above the soft cap if your gear cannot support it. I am currently 1270 haste and only fights I find myself needing my totem is LK and Blood Queen. Just what I noticed..

As for the topic at hand... 277 Tier Legs + 277 Unclean Gloves > Leggings + 277 Tier gloves in my opinion

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 01:49 PM ----------

Probably not if you factor socket bonuses in. All the other stats are kind of negligible so, you'd basically be trading 1.5% crit for 47 mp5. I'd honestly say it's more personal preference until you get 277 tier. If you want to wear your shiny new gloves, go for it =D. It's really not going to hurt/help your healing much one way or the other TBH. If you don't have dual solace, I'd say you definitely want the extra mp5 for LK though.

p.s. Yeah Jaraxxus is a dick, we went 8 long months without him dropping a solace after the first 2 we got.

---------- Post added 06-22-2010 at 12:49 PM ----------

It really doesn't matter, it's not worth swapping out for the extra haste when you're full 277, it's not really going to do much.

Example with "too much" mp5: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/a...?s=4873&e=5113
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/f...?s=7457&e=7733

I wish I could see his healing set but how much is "too much" mp5?

My Power gains for Festergut 25HM
    Power gains
    Name Amount
    Water Shield 29532 mana
    Replenishment 15875 mana
    Mana Restore 3000 mana
    Revitalize 1860 mana
    Rapture 620 mana

Hypernetics Power gains for Festergut25 HM

Power gains
    Name Amount
    Water Shield 29531 mana
    Mana Tide Totem 7834 mana
    Runic Mana Injector 5418 mana
    Revitalize 4900 mana
    Replenishment 4826 mana
    Rapture 1306 mana
    Last edited by TheDrednaught; 2010-06-22 at 01:50 PM.

http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone...ame=Hypernetic

If you go there and then click on my resto spec under my name you can see my gear.

By "too much" mp5, I was mostly being sarcastic. I just have more than you really need for a short fight like that.
    Last edited by Hypernetic; 2010-06-22 at 02:19 PM.