15+ Year Old Account

the size of Azeroth

i rlly hope that Azeroth gets alot bigger in size, not only by gaining new places, but just in sheer scale too. It would give a nice large feeling to wow, as i sometimes felt a but cramp in some places, and it will give the disigners some nice space to do some rlly cool stuff like a deep dark jungle (more dense then in the rainforests we have in the older parts of wow), or rlly big open flats (more open then mulgore is atm)
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

We would all want this, but only if it wouldn't add unnecessary hassle. An increase is size is not feasible for the following reasons:
    - It would probably require more memory
    - It would probably require some game-engine alteration(s)
    - An increase in size will quickly bring with it the unfortunate problem of having to walk/ride/fly vast distances without encountering much of the actual gameplay. The more space you have in the game, the more content you will need to put into that space. The issue that arises very easily is that you either have not enough content to fill up the space or you're going to be re-using much of the content just to be able to fill the space. Having enough unique content everywhere for this problem not to occur is a hell of a task and probably one that Blizzard's developers are not waiting for.
    - Perhaps you would want to introduce faster ways of travel (mounts, perhaps faster than what we're used to today), but by doing so you will throw away the feeling of vastness because you will have larger distances to travel but at the same time you can travel at a greater speed. So they might cancel each-other out.

Ofcourse there are arguments against the ones I mentioned but if you think about those, you will find that there are counter-arguments against those too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

10+ Year Old Account
    some zones feeel larger than others even if its not true

i sware fel wood is massive compared to darkshore but there around the same size

Main problem i see is that while the world seems small there is still alot of areas that offer nothing to just taking up space, while other areas actually have either lore, quests, or have landmarks just for the "daaamn that looks pretty sweet".
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.