Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Bring back dishonorable kills?

Hey guys, i tought it might be a cool idea to bring those back. Don't get me wrong, i'm no carebear, if someone camp one of my alt, he will eat the dirt as soon as i switch on my main, and i'll definitively kill a lowbie that come too close of me (<3 Pyro-rockets and Heroic Throw) Thats not the problem, i don't care about being camped/killed. Thats called PvP on a PvP server and thats fun. But since Blizzard seems to care a bit more about '' Faction tensions '' and PvP in Cataclysm. Adding different consequences to different PvP behaviors could be neat imo. And could prevent real abuses. I remember that the first incarnation of Dishonorable kills was pretty lame, since you were penalised even if someone of your 40man raid was ganking lowbies and ranks were a bitch to gain and easy to lose because of this. But system has changed, making a plain ''Honor loss'' that would increase at the same rate as your honor gain increase at max level (lets say a lvl 25 gank a lvl 12, he would lose 100 honor, a lvl 80 gank a level 12, he lose 2k honor (those numbers are a pure example, i don't know the real maths) and would apply ONLY to the person who did the killing blow.

What you guys think?

SO you'd loose honor because you decided to kill a moron with pvp on... no thanks

So when i go to storm wind to gank and a low level attacks me Im suppose to just watch him? If hes in a combat (contest whatever the name is) zone, he should expect to fight the opposite faction. If your in a opposite faction area they can choose to engage you i don't see the issue really.

Deleted
    no, dishonorable kills just made things worse back in vanilla - I know it was just for NPCs and that your idea is different. But with your idea, higher leveled people just wouldn't kill lower leveled... since it's pointless. There is nothing as good as to ride through STV and kill whoever you see, and even gurubashi arena - so much fun.

But.... I like abusing my power as an 80. If I had to deal with that shit 1-80 7 fucking times, no way the new batch is getting a free pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakosa View Post
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

I think its an epic idea honestly miss those times!!!

Well its the rough idea, we could restrict it to contested zones. And like i said you could still gank people. Just adding some consequences couldn't hurt.

And dishonorable kills were for lowbies too no? If i remember, not only NPCs? Classic is far away lol.

Deleted
    I remember having like 150 dishonorable kills, Oh how I don't miss vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Well its the rough idea, we could restrict it to contested zones. And like i said you could still gank people. Just adding some consequences couldn't hurt.

And dishonorable kills were for lowbies too no? If i remember, not only NPCs? Classic is far away lol.
    Pretty sure it was just NPCs. But like you said, it's been awhile, so I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanbaru View Post
    I remember having like 150 dishonorable kills, Oh how I don't miss vanilla
    You mean when WoW was an MMO? Not some Fast-food ''everything is instant'' type of game? Anyway, Classic isn't the main topic of the thread =).

so what happens if you don't have any honor? You can't kill them?

No. Just... no.

If some pve bitch decides to flag. He's gonna be smelling the ground febreze style... until that dumb fuck decides to wait the full 5 mins. (I play on pve >_<)

Quote Originally Posted by Merlinsback View Post
    so what happens if you don't have any honor? You can't kill them?
    Negative honor? Or don't lose at all. Like i said, my point isn't to kill ganking, that is part of playing on a PvP server. But just to create more situations where your decisions have consequences. Thats just an idea, they could add more. If you defend your city, or a quest hub...or whatever. You could earn more honor. You see what i mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post
    Negative honor? Or don't lose at all. Like i said, my point isn't to kill ganking, that is part of playing on a PvP server. But just to create more situations where your decisions have consequences. Thats just an idea, they could add more. If you defend your city, or a quest hub...or whatever. You could earn more honor. You see what i mean?
    Why does there need to be a consequence at all? I target some flagged lowbie with a wanton heroic throw while I'm riding through... (idfk... Hillsbrad, I guess?), I don't see why I should lose honor for that.
    Welcome to how the game was always and is supposed to be played. Have fun not being able to be an autistic shit anymore.

I remember when my brother hopped on my computer while I was making some food and got me my 1st and only Dishonorable Kill.

I. was. pissed.

Attacking people lower level than the attacker proves the attacker to be braindead.

There should be consequences for attacking someone lower level than you, maybe some retardedly strong elite spawning from the corpse, or ress sickness-like debuff after killing someone. Only in contested/enemy zones, and only if the attacker is like 10 levels or so higher than the victim.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 11:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    Why does there need to be a consequence at all? I target some flagged lowbie with a wanton heroic throw while I'm riding through... (idfk... Hillsbrad, I guess?), I don't see why I should lose honor for that.
    Because you are noob, probably being bullied by other random 80s, that's why there should be consequences for it. Let people level and let them have a chance to fight back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    Attacking people lower level than the attacker proves the attacker to be braindead.

There should be consequences for attacking someone lower level than you, maybe some retardedly strong elite spawning from the corpse, or ress sickness-like debuff after killing someone. Only in contested/enemy zones, and only if the attacker is like 10 levels or so higher than the victim.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 11:41 PM ----------

Because you are noob, probably being bullied by other random 80s, that's why there should be consequences for it. Let people level and let them have a chance to fight back.
    So I'm a noob for thinking there should be a difference between PvP and PvE realms? lolcarebear

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowIceAvian View Post
    What consequences? This is the World of WARCRAFT. The only possible consequence for killing members of the opposing faction should be death, since the Horde and Alliance both want to see the other wiped out no matter what certain loud-mouthed women or orcs might say.
    I don't, even though I'm playing mostly PvP, they are opponents, not enemies for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbodymoman View Post
    I don't, even though I'm playing mostly PvP, they are opponents, not enemies for me.
    There's a difference between opponent and enemy?

enemy |ˈenəmē|
    noun ( pl. -mies)
    a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.

opponent |əˈpōnənt|
    noun
    someone who competes against or fights another in a contest, game, or argument; a rival or adversary : he beat his opponent by a landslide margin

Quote Originally Posted by lolmageddon View Post
    So I'm a noob for thinking there should be a difference between PvP and PvE realms? lolcarebear
    Nope, you're a noob for openly admiting you are killing low level people, that don't have a chance against you, post your armory, you are probably 1 of many ganker wanna bes with 19k hp.

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 11:47 PM ----------

Well, if you don't understand the difference between enemy and opponent...

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 11:48 PM ----------

It's even stated in the quote you just made, but why am I expecting you to read what you quote...